Bryce Nze - Forward - Milwaukee Transfer (Verbal)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, May 29, 2018.

1. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
    It will be interesting to see him on the offensive end. I have a high confidence in his defense and rebounding. Was glad to hear he can drive to the rim if the ball comes to him when he has an angle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    If he can become a glue guy that brings a blue collar attitude it will change the trajectory of this team significantly.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    Big time. Just having a tough presence down low will do wonders. Bring that effort and toughness, get me a few points and plentiful boards...that's all I need. He seems like he's loyal to LaVall. Let's hope that effort and attitude can bleed over to the rest of the team.

Shimmy, BoyGeoff and seadawg like this.
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Good read. As I’ve said before, if Butler exceeds expectations this year, my bet is Nze’s play at the 4 is a huge reason why.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon, bmradio99 and seadawg like this.
  5. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $203
    Equal parts Nze and Tucker. If both exceed expectations it will be a fun season.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen and bumba like this.
  6. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,200
    I agree that Nze and Tucker are important but at the end of the day, you often go as far as your best player. While admittedly taking on a higher usage last year, Baldwin did struggle on both ends of the floor relative to expectations. I think a big question this year is what Baldwin do we see--a step up from great frosh/soph seasons or something more like last year--an inefficient, high usage player who still had flashes of brilliance?

MasterSplinter likes this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
    My personal opinion is that Baldwin will be more efficient if he has more help. He should have better help out of the pick and roll. Fowler and Brunk did not have to be honored, at all, by the defense when they set ball screens. Defenses could further sag off Thompson creating more congestion. I believe in Thompson and feel he will show signs of the work he put in during the off season. I think he is a winner and will take a big step forward.

Kamar should also be able to better anticipate how defenses will attack him and how to press the advantages it could create.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99 likes this.
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    I think we see a better Baldwin, a prime time Baldwin...a what we thought we were going to see last year Baldwin. I believe the addition of Battle plus Tucker taking his game to a new level will very much help Baldwin be the great player we expect him to be.

seadawg likes this.
  9. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    I'm not sure Baldwin actually needs to be much better. The others just need to make sure he's not shouldering so much of a burden and he will be more effective as a result. That's where Battle and Tucker will be so important, in my opinion. Will also help if AT and Nze emerge as "stars in their roles". Lots of reasons to be optimistic this year but not having many "sure things" definitely leads to question marks. Feels like Butler is primed to exceed expectations this year if a few of the questions are answered. Considering I'm from Milwaukee, I've seen Nze a bunch and he should be a great fit on this team. Tons of toughness, strong rebounder and shot-blocker, and always driven to improve. I wouldn't be surprised if he shot better than 65% from the free throw line this year after struggling at UWM. He's always working on his weak spots.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    I think it’s a matter of making better decisions, not necessarily being better.

11. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,021
    Any updates on the injuries to Baldwin, McD and Hastings?

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    Tough to make very good decisions with the team around him he had last year. They were checked out and lacking effort. This year should be better. Got rid of the poison. Now time to kick some booty.

13. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    Chicken and egg, Willis. I get it.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    I'm glad I could make any sense at all today. It's rare for me, you know?

15. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Member

Money:
    $94
    The dude is a beast. You guys will see.

Shimmy, estar20dawg and godogs91 like this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,689
    We need a beast that will be a force around the rim on both ends of the court. Just being big and taking up space as we saw last year is not enough.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019