Bulldogs in the Pros

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 5, 2017.

By Jared Grubbs on Nov 5, 2017 at 7:46 PM
  1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $11,638
    clarke.jpg

It's that time of year again. It's basketball season. While the Butler Bulldogs prepare for their first regular season game on Friday, several former Butler players have already started their professional seasons. Take a look at how they performed in the first of a weekly series that will keep tabs on some of our favorite Bulldogs.

Rotnei Clarke (2011-2012) - 6'0" Guard - Illawarra Hawks - Australia
    Season Stats (7 games): 18.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 27.7 mpg
    In case you haven't been paying attention, Rotnei Clarke has become a star in Australia. He's 4th in the league in scoring, and there's no surprise in how he's doing it. Clarke is lighting up teams from behind the arc, with 22 made 3s in 7 games. The Hawks (3-5) played 3 games since last Sunday. They opened up with a home loss to the Kings (2-6) despite 21 points from Clarke (4-9 from 3). Rotnei's squad bounced back with back to back wins though. On Saturday they picked up a 112-81 victory over the Bullets (2-4) behind 14 points and 6 assists from Clarke. Then today Clarke got revenge against the Kings, exploding for 29 points (5-8 from 3, 10-10 from the line) and 5 assists in a 93-83 win.

Shelvin Mack (2008-2011) - 6'3" Guard - Orlando Magic - NBA
    Season Stats (8 games): 5.1 ppg, 5.0 apg, 2.0 rag, 19.3 mpg
    It's been an up and down week for Butler's lone active representative in the NBA. On Monday Shelvin was held scoreless on 3 attempts from the field in a victory over New Orleans, although he did pick up 4 assists. Wednesday Mack played 25 minutes in a road victory against Memphis and tallied 10 points and 8 assists. Friday the Magic lost to the Bulls, and Mack once again had an impressive 8 assists but was only 1-8 from the floor.

Khyle Marshall (2010-2014) - 6'6" Forward - Larre Borges Montevideo - Uruguay
    Season Stats (6 games): 12.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.3 apg, 23.3 mpg
    Marshall had only 3 points on 1-6 shooting but Larre Borges did secure a 69-66 victory over Trouville on Monday. Khyle was only a game removed from his 25 point, 6 rebound outing the week prior. Larre Borges (5-4) is currently 4th in the 13 team standings through 9 games.

Kellen Dunham (2012-2016) - 6'6" Guard - Crelan Okapi Aalstar - Belgium
    Season Stats (7 games): 5.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.7 apg, 15.6 mpg
    Kellen posted his highest scoring game of the young season yesterday, scoring 13 points on 5-13 shooting, including 3-9 from 3 point range. He also chipped in 3 rebounds as 2nd place Aalstar defeated Kingoeroes (3-3) to move to 6-1 on the season. Dunham has picked up the scoring lately after a slow start in Belgium, totaling 29 points in his last 3 games after just 9 points in his first 4.

Andrew Chrabascz (2013-2017) - 6'7" Forward - Crelan Okapi Aalstar - Belgium
    Season Stats (7 games): 10.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.6 apg, 22.6 mpg
    Playing on the same squad as Kellen Dunham, Chrabascz is off to a solid start to his professional career. Last week Chrabascz had an efficient 8 points on 3-5 shooting in the victory over Kingoeroes. His best game so far was a 16 point, 7 rebound performance against Mons-Hainaut (4-3) on October 14th.

Mike Green (2005-2008) - 6'1" Guard - AEK Athens - Greece
    Season Stats (4 games): 12.5 ppg, 4.0 apg, 3.8 rpg, 25.8 mpg
    Green has carved out a long and successful career for himself overseas. He's off to another solid start to the season for Athens (2-2). This was a bye week but last week Green had himself a great game, scoring 18 points and dishing out 4 assists, despite his team losing 82-78 to Kolossos.

Avery Woodson (2016-2017) - 6'2" Guard - Panionios ON Telecoms Athens - Greece
    Season Stats (3 games): 7.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.3 apg, 23.3 mpg
    Is Woodson turning into a point guard? I'm not entirely sure, but he's averaging 5 times more assists in Greece than he did while at Butler. Panionios had an off week this week to regroup after an 0-4 start to the season. Woodson's best game so far was a 13 point, 2 assist performance in the second game of the season in a blowout loss to Kolossos.

Note: Former Butler players Kethan Savage (G League), Matt Howard (Israel), and Gordon Hayward (NBA) are also on professional rosters but are not currently playing.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Shimmy and butlernut like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Irishdawg
      Irishdawg
      Thanks for posting this!
    2. butlernut
      butlernut
      Thanks, Jared. It's great getting updates on all the Alums.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops
    3. FRENCH DAWG
      FRENCH DAWG
      Getting ready to head to Europe for a few weeks of work and will try to catch a game in Belgium to watch Dunham and Chrabs. I’ll be closest to Brussels while in Lille, France.

Thanks for posting this information.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
    4. FRENCH DAWG
      FRENCH DAWG
      Just spent 30 minutes on their team’s website (eurobasket.com) trying to figure out where they play, how to buy tickets, who’s the home team. Tried other sites too.

Wouldn’t be surprised if attendance is low because basic information seems difficult to locate.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
      SpartanDawgs and Dawg4ever like this.
    5. Jared Grubbs
      Jared Grubbs
      EuroBasket.com isn’t their team site. That is kind of like an ESPN type site that has a lot of info for teams all over Europe. I’m thinking this is their actual site:

http://www.okapiaalstar.be

I see what I assume is a link to buy tickets, but I can’t actually read any of the info. I don’t have a translate app or anything on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app