Butler Basketball Season Tickets on Sale

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by SpartanDawgs, Apr 17, 2019.

1. dawgman

dawgman Member

Money:
    $78
    I’m OK with the ticket increase, but donating $1,500 for stale popcorn you can’t take to your seat is a big ask.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  2. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,075
    It’s all personal spending decisions. I’m guessing you don’t donate to get stale popcorn, but to get the seats you like. The stale popcorn is just a bonus:)

knobcreekfan and godogs91 like this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    This is kind of where I am too. I support raising ticket prices and I support raising donation requirements to get access to hospitality areas as they both raise more money.

With beer being sold in normal areas and having more restrictions on the food than there used to be I see few benefits of the EFG anymore.

If they’re going to raise the price 50%(!!) they should at least offer something a bit more for it than you get elsewhere in the same venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,075
    Would be interesting to survey EFG members—were you motived by EFG benefits or did you donate at a level commensurate with EFG membership primarily t acquire priority points to keep you seats?

I’m saying the majority of EFG members want to acquire PP for preferred seating. Some may bump the donation by a bit to meet EFG threshold just to have membership though. Seats, not benefits, are the draw.

Nville Dog and knobcreekfan like this.
  5. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    It’s 100% seats for me. But it’s kind of the principle that irks me. Asking me to do more for you while actively doing significantly less for me is just bad business, even though I don’t donate for the benefits.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  6. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $755
    It's for the seats and it's to support something I want to see do well, not as a reward for having done well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $231
    In conclusion. The increase in seasons ticket prices seems very reasonable with the extra game but I know a few of the people that commented calling me/butler fans cheap and etc are not even season ticket holders. Also I donate enough to get the EFG and probably won’t be soon. Like mentioned above. Not able to bring to bring your beer, popcorn and pop back to your seats is a scam. Plus with the price increase of the EFG a year or two ago, all my friends passed on this benefit so I don’t see any familiar faces anymore. Just not worth it for me.

8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,121
    Agreed the EFG is not worth it, a lot of my friends have dropped out for various reasons. Besides you can get beer and popcorn in the stands and see your friends at the same time.

9. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,075
    I think the reason the policy changed on taking food out of the EFG, Wildman wasn’t intended to be a scam, but more to do with the contracts with Learfield or perhaps Aramark. But I agree it feels like benefits eroded.

Question: Will you still donate? What if you need to donate as much as the EFG costs to get your same seats? Are you content to donate less than EFG membership and chance “worse” seats? Just curious what season ticket holders are thinking and how this year might play out.

10. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    I’m going to donate more and will still meet EFG thresholds, but I was planning to do so anyways.

BUcheer likes this.
  11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,180
    Yay...Mr. Positivity is back. Glad he’s giving up his season tix.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 and godogs91 like this.
  12. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $139
    Don’t forget that Butler also did not reap as much in post season pay benefits this year, either. Gotta make up that money somehow.

I didn’t renew my season tickets when the program decided that honoring long time season ticket holders wasn’t so important. I understand the reasons behind the choices the program made but it’s my feeling that you treat your most loyal customers the best. Telling someone who’s had the same seats for 30 years that they now have to pay a fee in order to have a chance to keep them is bad practice to me. There was a lot of long time good will lost over that choice.

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,035
    How we do doesn't directly effect the postseason pay benefits you know. The conference splits all the units. Now yes if we did better and get a bid and a win we indirectly help ourselves. But us sucking or for example DePaul always sucking doesn't hurt the pay the comes in.

14. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,075
    I’m not familiar with the BE splits, but I’m nearly positive when in the HL we definitely received larger benefits specific to units acquired.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,035
    We are not a vested member yet I think we have one more year as does Xavier & Creighton then I believe we will get an equal distribution of tournament unit distribution. I'd have to check the numbers at work and can't do that right now

16. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,275
    My fiancée isn't re-upping her ticket this year so my Priority Points get doubled automatically woooooo

17. MisterFive

MisterFive Member

Money:
    $39
    Wasn’t there supposed to be some gift for season ticket holders who used all their tickets last season? Anything ever come from that?

18. Red1972

Money:
    $1,121
    Gift! What gift?

19. Red1972

Money:
    $1,121
    Whoever is in charge of season tickets and donations need to improve their people skills, they treat longtime season ticket holders and donors like a pair of old shoes. It has happened to several of my friends.

20. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Do you mind sharing specifics?

I don’t question what you’re saying, but a lot of your contributions here is complaining about something or another and I’ve only had excellent experiences with the ticket office.