Butler Basketball Season Tickets on Sale

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by SpartanDawgs, Apr 17, 2019.

1. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    Have my Select a Seat today... Just realized I've finally made it into the first 3 day block rather than the second block!

2. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    So....anyone else a bit disenfranchised after going to select a seat? I moved UP 75 spots compared to last year, meaning I’m picking my seats 75 spots sooner and maybe it’s just where I want to sit getting more popular(2nd level, first row), but I had way LESS options than a year ago and ended up with worse seats. That being the case after a loosing season, after another increase in ticket prices a 2 year doubling of West Gym donation rate, and raising the parking pass as well. Only thing I think has been added to “enhance” my experience is AC(which may come in handy once or twice being a winter sport), supposedly more food options to buy in the west gym, and the ability to take food and drinks from west gym to our seats(though I fear that means beers are no longer $3-$4). Sadly, very well could be my last year with amount of tickets I have or season tickets in general. I realize these are first world problems and it’s still not near anything like Pacers, Colts or guessing rest of Big East, but with prices rising like they are, plus my experience(tickets I can get) getting worse, it might be time to just buy some select seats to some key games and move on. Really fear they will price themselves out of the family, hard core fan, alumni, neighborhood environment that made the experience at Hinkle so great and unique for so many years. I’ll still be there, as big a fan as ever this year, but next year is looking 50/50 at best for renewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  3. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,293
    A lot of fans feel the same way. I too fear they will price themselves out of the market.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  4. BU_NeonHat

Money:
    $4,307
    Honestly I don't care one bit about the amenities as long as I get to sit in Hinkle and watch Butler Basketball. You could plunk me down at the top of section 317 and I'd be just fine.

5. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    Just a guess from your profile pic, but to be me you’d need to add 20 years and 4 more tickets for your 2 kids under 5, wife and 70 something parents to be after the same game experience and affordability. If it was just 20 year old me I’d be happy just watching Basketball but it’s always been a family thing for us(kids love west gym, so do my folks) and it’s getting too pricy to continue. One of Hinkle’s draws has always been the family/neighborhood environment and just worry when they now recommend 150-300pts(equivalent of $1500-3000 donation PER seat/ticket or combo of years of donations/past tickets, etc) for second level front row corner, it just won’t be that anymore.

BU_NeonHat, NCJon and SpartanDawgs like this.
  6. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $496
    Guess that's what you get for kicking your girl to the curve and only getting one ticket this year...

dawgs2014 and BU_NeonHat like this.
  7. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $496
    Have mine today... Was expecting good news but now not so much. I totally agree with this... The fact that we can't take our cheap popcorn, petzels, pop, or chips outside of the west gym is a complete joke! Glad I donate $$$$ to have a cup of chips that I have 4 mins to gobble down before going back to my seat.

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,026
    Keep in mind there is always the "sneak a snack" option.

9. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    IMG_5614.JPG

Well, that does change this year....regarding taking things out...but my fear is that means nothing is free and beers go up to Hinkle prices or close to it!

BU_NeonHat and SpartanDawgs like this.
  10. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $496
    Well that just made my day...

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  11. BU_NeonHat

Money:
    $4,307
    So I went up 200 spots in the rankings and....got my same seat as last year. Someone's spilled the beans about my section being cheaper and better...

12. BU_NeonHat

Money:
    $4,307
    I totally get everyone has different priorities. I agree that ticket prices aren't on par with the level of service/amenities, but I'm still drinking the Kool Aid (or was it Flavor Aid?) for the time being.

For the record, my pic is from 2015 and I'm definitely clinging on to my glory days of Dawg Pound

GO_DAWGS! likes this.
  13. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $496
    Should someone feel bad for moving up one row and getting an aisle seat while "knowing" the family that has sat there for a few years now?

14. BU_NeonHat

Money:
    $4,307
    Nope. I want nothing more than to get my old seat back that's 2 rows in front of me.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  15. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,793
    I was bitter and jaded when I had to move from the front row of section 116 (on the aisle) to the 2nd row right behind my original seats which I had for a long time. I tend to clap really loud and cheer a little louder. Just my way of being passive aggressive. Have I thought about accidently spilling a drink, yes. Would I ever do that on purpose, no.

16. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    Let’s just say I pity the person that took the two aisle seats and moved us over. They have no idea how many times a 2 year old, 4 year old and two 70 year olds leave their seats, not to mention the toddlers never sitting still and the half time trips to west gym. Their 25 squats during each game will be my passive aggressive revenge :).

Not to mention it does annoy me that they do priority by seat not total pts. We have around 600 total points but 5 seats, the people that people that took those those aisle seats had around 300 pts total, but two seats.

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  17. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $621
    I moved up 250 spots from last year and am hoping I can get my same seats lol

18. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $209
    Is that you Michael? Sing me another show tune.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  19. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $154
    Games look just fine on my flat screen; will find a couple single games to go to in person but will not buy season tickets or give anything more to men’s hoops (beyond single game tickets, concessions, and maybe swag refresh).

Nothing against the guys personally, but I don’t like the mindset that takes away seats from long time fans.

Hank Kimball and CarlosDanger like this.
  20. SRG

SRG Member

Money:
    $35,544
    You all can go ahead and thank me now for an awesome, over-achieving season. Since I have dropped my season tickets this year I’m sure the team will impress, make the tournament, and go on a deep run. Since my business travel has increased I thought I would give it a rest this year. Plus last year was beyond frustrating. But remember this post as the Dawgs have an awesome season.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019