Butler Bulldogs (0-0) vs. IU Kokomo Cougars (0-0)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,717
    QT will be all right over the next two years.

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  2. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,100
    NCJon likes this.
  3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,500
    Matt Howard was the same way from three. Willie Veasley was crazy, goes from never attempting a three as a frosh and sophomore to becoming a very consistent three point threat junior and senior years.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,352
    The problem with AT's shot is his shooting wrist still follows through to the left. I was hoping his work with Burton would fix it. Who knows how much time he got to spend with Joey, though. I'm guessing any work they do with him is on their own dime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,807
    You nailed it and everyone knows it. So we're basically 4 on 5 offensively. It's an offensive game anymore-it's different than when we had our 2010-2011 runs. You could get by then with a defensive heavy team. The game has shifted and we need firepower at every position.

ButlerNut and Bulldogs260 like this.
  6. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,859
    I thought this board sucked during the off season...then the first exhibition game happened. Please god gives us 20 wins. Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,352
    Don't get me wrong, I'm an AT fan. I think he is a winner and a leader. I was really banking on his work with Burton creating a major leap forward. Hope for a huge leap in shooting is beginning to fade, however. The offense did run pretty well early on when he initiated it.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  8. MisterFive

MisterFive Member

Money:
    $97
    Does anyone know the song they used for the intro video this time? In the past it’s been Ohana Bam. I have a butler playlist on Spotify and I’m needing to keep it current.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,807
    I really like him too. I like the swagger. The toughness he shows. He needs fire power around him to be effective. What that combination is? LaVall has to figure that out. I've been *****ing about playing bigger all off season, but, if you're going to run AT at the point, you got to flank him with offensive plus guys, which means Baldwin, Tucker and McD all running with him. I agree with you I thought the shooting help would work. Maybe it starts showing eventually. Lord willing.

10. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $1,859
    Because of one exhibition game? Man, you people are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
    Either I have really missed these or you have upped your game. WELL DONE Goalie!!!!!

12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
    This your first year?

13. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,248
    The game Friday evening should be a significant step up in competition. UIndy beat Loyola tonight, 65-60.

MBA2003, willisbrown and seadawg like this.
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,807
    Hello.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,513
    U of I plays X tomorrow. They have decent size and veteran leadership. Could be interesting?

16. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,352
    No. Not just because of one exhibition game. True, when I saw his wrist on one of his shots during the game, it gave me pause, but Dustin's reporting, in the Athletic, also said he's not really shooting a lot in practice scrimmages. It's a discussion that's running so I shared a couple of thoughts that went through my mind. By no means are they high conviction thoughts, at this time. As others have said, possibly even you, maybe he will put it up frequently and confidently from range. No one would be happier than me as I said, I am a big fan of his.

17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,513
    Some players are glue guys. AT is such.

18. Mad_Dawg 48

Mad_Dawg 48 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $130

I enjoyed watching this so I figured I would share it since I don’t think it has been posted on here.

19. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,217
    It sure wasn't clicking in the NC game against Duke. Either 1-9 0r 1-10 from the field. His only made FG was a put back. Gordon wasn't much better. He only made 2 FGs in that game. It's amazing we almost won. We shot less than 35%. Heck, we shot 30% against MSU and won.

Willis is right. It wasn't that long ago, but the game has changed from then. They call the game differently.

20. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $1,859
    There's no doubt the game is called differently, but you can still win based on defense. Look at Texas Tech last season.