Butler Bulldogs (1-0) vs New Orleans Privateers (1-0) - 11/9/19

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Nov 8, 2019 at 8:39 AM.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,750
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    Shimmy, seadawg, indienapolis and 4 others like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,222
    Good, in depth stuff dude. Looking forward to this match up and hopefully another big dawg win.

BHayden and Lukas Harkins like this.
  3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,349
    Really wish we had some sort of update on Kamar. I hope he sits against New Orleans, regardless, but I wish we had something.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,222
    I predict he does indeed sit. Seems like there has to be word on him today (injury/time out/game time decision etc). But I'm with you, it was driving me nuts yesterday not hearing anything.

5. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,750
    I would expect news on Kamar (and the rest) today. No idea what that news will be, but I would expect that we hear something today. Could be wrong, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

WestLoopDog and BHayden like this.
  6. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols New Member

Money:
    $32
    This team has heart. I can’t wait to watch them compete again Saturday. They play with a lot of effort!

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,349
    Some very distinct patterns for this New Orleans program (and Coach Mark Slessinger). New Orleans has ranked in the top 20 in defensive TO% each of the last four seasons. They've ranked in the top 55 in offensive rebounding rate each of the last 5 seasons. They've ranked in the top 31 in getting to the free throw line 5 of the last 6 seasons. So, clear emphasis on second chance points, drawing fouls, and forcing turnovers.

But they're pretty much dreadfully bad at everything else. They turn it over at nearly the highest rate in the country year after year, they may be the worst 3 point shooting program in college basketball over the last 5 seasons (they shoot fewer threes than anyone, and when they do, they don't go in), and despite their great offensive rebounding, their defensive rebounding is terrible.

Weird team.

Shimmy, bwesson15, kmacker69 and 4 others like this.
  8. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $740
    I'll be interested in seeing how the lineup shifts with (presumably) at least Tucker, David and Baddley coming back, if not Smits as well, plus Kamar's questionable status. AT and McDermott are locks to start. I'd imagine David gets a starting nod as well. If Kamar's out, I can't imagine Tucker not starting. It'd be pretty eye-opening if he doesn't. Smits probably starts if he's healthy, but you can't go wrong with Golden or Nze starting; they've earned it.

Will be interesting to see how the crew who played against IUPUI hold up from a stamina perspective. Obviously, they played A LOT of minutes they're not used to playing, so hopefully we don't see too much of a fall-off in quality.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,222
    Depends on David's health. If he's a 100% go, the lineup will probably be AT, McD, David, Nze, Golden.

If he's not a go, Tucker will take that slot. But the other 4 I'm sure of.

10. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols New Member

Money:
    $32
    Wow that’s very interesting. Great insight. Thank you! You seem to know much about the statistical analysis of the game. I didn’t even know there was a University of New Orleans until I saw them on Butler’s schedule. Lots of laughs.

MBA2003 likes this.
  11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,750
    AT, KB, McD, and Nze should (and likely will) start every single game that they are healthy this season unless someone exceeds expectations and does so consistently. They are the vocal leaders of the team in addition to playing vital roles. Tucker, David, Golden or Smits could start on any given night, imo, but they just slide into the "4" or push Nze to that spot. Battle and Baddley will be reserves all season long while splitting ~20-30 minutes.

Shimmy, bwesson15, Tentozen and 6 others like this.
  12. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $863
    So inevitably they'll shoot 50% from 3 against us. Got it.

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,724
    And definitely bank in at least one.

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,026
    From straight away?

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  15. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Active Member

Money:
    $307
    Has anyone seen injury updates related to availability against New Orleans yet?

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,222
    I haven't seen a thing. All is quiet, too quiet.

My guess is that David and Smits play but are very limited, Baldwin and Hastings out. Baddley is a wild card with the concussion. But no, nothing official announced by the school...but I'd have to think we'd hear something very soon?

17. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,381
    I'm going to guess Smits doesn't play.

18. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Active Member

Money:
    $307
    So highest probability is the Weds Six plus Tucker to make the Magnificent Seven....giving us the makings of a classic western shootout.

jeff and DawgsMD like this.
  19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,864
    If David indeed has Strep once the antibiotics have taken effect he should be ok to play, and Strep doesn't zap your energy like a cold/flu so he should be fine once he comes back.

20. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols New Member

Money:
    $32
    Good point