Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (1-0) vs Princeton Tigers - 11/12

Jared Grubbs, Nov 11, 2017

Settled
  1. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Member

Money:
    $3,052
    We need more scoring from McD, or whomever takes his spot. He played too passive on offense last game.

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Active Member

Money:
    $487
    Lol yes it is. You never spend more than two.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,811
    I agree McD passed up good shots. Baddley didn't.

godogs91 and SchlabbaDawg like this.
  4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Active Member

Money:
    $3,263
    The two 3s Baddley missed were right there. It would be great if this is a trend, a la Willie Veasley.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

godogs91 likes this.
  5. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $2,951
    Yes. He had the chance a few times, especially off the bounce, and didn't pull the trigger. Thought he did a nice job, but now just needs the confidence to pull up and take that mid-range shot.

NateDog likes this.
  6. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,694
    Wasn't just about the red shirt, as he is now sitting out until second semester of next year. It had as much to do with grades and adjusting to college. The competition for future playing time was certainly a consideration, but there was more to it than that.

BHayden and SpartanDawgs like this.
  7. Tiles52

Tiles52 Member

Money:
    $69
    I agree that he was passive on looking for the mid-range/outside shot, but he didn't appear passive taking it to the hoop.

DawgsMD and godogs91 like this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,272
    There is something to be said about passing up a good shot to get a great shot. I don't recall Veasley attempting a three pointer until his junior season and then emerged as a reliable 3 pt. shooter.

9. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Active Member

Money:
    $2,444
    Finally getting a chance to comment on this past weekend's games. We were down in Indy to see our daughter for Family Weekend. I passed on Homecoming when I saw the first two games of the season this past weekend. We attended both games. I thought the officiating on Sunday was horrific. Ticky tack both ways. I didn't know the head of officiating was there until I watched the game replay tonight (I also realized what everyone was saying about Pete Gullien. He sucks. Period.)

Aaron Thompson is the man. No doubt. Thank God he stuck around after Chris bolted. He's going to be a big time player. He needs to start. I wouldn't be surprised if he did tomorrow against Maryland. I was pretty impressed by SMD. He had some nice drives in the lane. I don't know how many of those he'll get in BE play, so he's going to have to mix up his shot selection. Free throws. Gotta work on those, and I do worry about foul trouble this year. I was surprised not to see Joey in when Nate picked up his 3rd foul. I thought Joey had a solid game on Friday, and would have liked to see him in on Sunday.

Another bright spot is Henry Baddley. He does a lot of good things out there and how those improve over the season.

Big Cat is without a doubt a very vocal leader on the floor. I don't know who is was, but on Friday someone was out of position on defense and Tyler literally shoved the player into position. I have found the Kennesaw State game online, so I don't know who that was.

It's going to be an interesting season. It was great to see LaVall run the team. I don't know what my expectations are yet. I think we're going to be middle of the pack right now. We'll have to work to make the tourney. We'll get a good idea tomorrow night.

Go Dawgs!

shoeevv likes this.
  10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,821
    But you often spend two. That was the entire point...but I appreciate the unintentional concession.

11. dbrodsky'11

dbrodsky'11 New Member

Money:
    $1
    Does anyone know if Butler scheduled a home and away with Princeton? Meaning will we be playing @ Princeton next year? Go to grad school in Princeton and would love it if Butler was coming to town next year. - thanks

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,821
    Not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident it was a buy game, so no home & home.

13. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $199
    Princeton loses tonight by 8 to BYU @home. Might not have been quite the win that we were claiming it to be.