Butler Bulldogs (10-1) vs. Purdue Boilermakers (7-4)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Dec 18, 2019.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,425
    Let’s get it started.

Should be a good game, but Butler is definitely the better team. AT will eat Eric Hunter for a late lunch, and Williams will have trouble staying on the floor. Dawgs will win by 3+ possessions.

2. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,760
    Still nervous about this. I have a bitter taste in my mouth after last year's Indiana debacle. I would hate to see Butler lose 3 times in a row in this event after the incredible start we had the first few years.

Josh Nichols likes this.
  3. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,729
    A great day, a great venue. great basketball, and hopefully a Butler win.

Josh Nichols likes this.
  4. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,502
    As of today PU shows to be a half point better than BU according to Kenpom, my guess is that's what gets posted in Vegas - but one never can be sure.

5. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    I know most of you don’t bet on butler games but if the line is Purdue favored I’d jump on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,919
    Butler definitely has deeper talent and would win 2 out of 3 series but this is a one game series. Purdue played well last night against a mid major.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,369
    The difference will be BU has veteran leadership and that should not be discounted.

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,919
    If we can finish better around the rim , contain Williams and hit threes we will win. If not Purdue wins

9. SRG

SRG Active Member

Money:
    $36,923
    I concur...
    Not finishing around the rim is the primary reason we came up short against Baylor. If we convert at a higher level we should be good.

10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,352
    I'm extremely nervous about Nze's ability to handle length in this game.

11. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,351
    I wonder if Vegas is going to take into account the status of Haarms, and if he will be cleared to play Saturday.

12. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    totally agree; i will put all of my pretend money on BU lol

13. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,760
    Yup, his last few games he has looked overwhelmed/out of sync. I'd like to see him return to his November form.

14. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,502
    The oddsmakers are pretty good at what they do, so I'm sure it will get considered - he is a very good player, but I wouldn't say he was a dominate force - they can play very well without him IMHO.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,919
    Haarms is an excellent shot blocker and rim protector. Nze has to be much better than he has been the past couple of games. Hopefully Smits is ready to play more minutes.

16. Dawgdad

Dawgdad Well-Known Member

Money:
    $463
    If Haarms plays, picking up tempo becomes more important. Hopefully, the Dawgs dictate the pace.

bmradio99 likes this.
  17. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    I think this has to due with the opponents we have seen. Nze has really struggled vs them. At the end of the day though I’d take a dude like Nze who hustles his tail off and is tough as nails. I’d argue we have two of the toughest dudes in the BE in Thompson and Nze and that stuff wins on the road and in the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

huss587 and Josh Nichols like this.
  18. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,080
    Williams and Eastern looked pretty good last night; Haarms is comically big, but those two guys have good moves and hustle. I'm really curious to see how Butler game plans. Since Purdue torched UVA but lost to Nebraska - who was successful in speeding them up - I'd be curious if Butler tries that.
    I'll be driving to Indiana for family Christmas and will miss the game, so everybody yell at the refs for me.

huss587, theenforcer13 and MSUDawg like this.
  19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,383
    I'm with others in being nervous as holy hell for this one. We don't *need* it, but it would put a stamp on a great non con. So I really want it. It will bring a ton of momentum to the big east slate.

huss587, mwall787 and Insane Dawg like this.
  20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $200
    LJ is on Dan Dakich right now...

Josh Nichols likes this.