Butler Bulldogs (10-1) vs. Purdue Boilermakers (7-4)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Dec 18, 2019.

1. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $149
    The top 25 right now is a freaking joke. So many teams that are undeserving that are in there because they started so high. UK, Maryland, and Virginia to name a few. Also teams that haven't really beaten anyone but are ranked; Auburn, Washington, and West Virginia.

Butler's ranking should be closer to their Net/Kenpom, but pollsters give passes to Calapri and others.

2. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,704
    Read Dustin Dopirak's article on Bryce in The Athletic. It says just this. Golden credits the playing time and competition he did get last year as a major factor in his development and improvement this year. https://theathletic.com/1456315/2019/12/20/

3. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,463
    The whole RS Golden argument is moot at this point. He’ll give us 3 great years as a starter. The dude has heart and plays with passion. Can’t say enough good things about Henry Baddley. It can’t be easy as a senior to see limited action like he’s getting this year. Give that kid a ton of credit making the most of his limited minutes. I can only imagine that his acceptance of his role speaks volumes about his leadership position on this team. Selfless dude who just wants to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, bubby, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,919
    Exactly. I don’t have a problem with Dayton being ranked but who have they beaten? Virginia?

5. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $149
    They have really good Kenpom numbers given how efficient they have been offensively. Best wins are Georgia, Virginia Tech, and Saint Mary's. 2 OT neutral site loses to Colorado and Kansas. They will drop below Butler after the lose to Colorado.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,253
    Willis, my man. We made some money.

After starting with just 10 points in the first 10 minutes of the game, Butler torched that Haarmsless Purdue defense for 60 points in 30 minutes, a scorching scoring pace in a low possession game. Love it when a plan comes together.

willisbrown likes this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,383
    Yeah it was off to a shaky start, and someone even commented that we would be sorry with our bet. But Butler warmed up and the over came through. I also played the over in the OSU-Kentucky game and there was a last second bucket to push it over. Glorious.

I thought yesterday when we wanted to roll we could...but that the offense got stagnant late. I'm a broken record but we cannot move from the good ball movements and sets late in games. Trust your guys, not just one guy.

harvesting and Hinkle like this.
  8. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,704
  9. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,112
    When he went to the scorers table last year for the first time, I yelled no. The people around me looked at me like I was a freak.

DawgsMD likes this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,919
  11. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    I see almost no discussion of the redshirt issue in this article. Do you mean a different article or did I miss something?

12. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $362
    Danville Bulldog and ButlerNut like this.
  13. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,012
    Great post, I don't why this isn't obvious to everyone.

Insane Dawg, 2xDawg and willisbrown like this.
  14. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols Guest

Saturday’s basketball contest between the Butler Bulldogs and the Purdue Boilermakers was hard fought. Both teams played really good. But the players on the Butler team just showed more heart. In my opinion, and I could be wrong, but the passion the Butler players possess for the game combined with the pure brilliance of LaVall Jordan’s coaching ability is what lead the Bulldogs to such a compelling victory.

This was an important game for the 2019-2020 Butler Bulldogs men’s basketball team because it built character. I’m not saying the team didn’t already have an abundance of character, but come the Elite Eight and Final Four our players could now be at even more of an advantage.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,919
    Sorry I can’t clarify the article or read between the lines for you.

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,347
    No, there’s literally no mention of the decision not to redshirt last year. All it mentions is that he played a total of 90 minutes as a freshman.

17. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,162
    I think there are two different articles being referenced. The article on Fox Sports doesn't really reference not redshirting last year, but the article from The Athletic certainly does, especially toward the end.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    You must be world-class at reading between the lines, Insane Dawg. I don’t see it.

UDDawg likes this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,347
    Yes, but Insane Dawg linked a fox sports article that made no mention of it.

The Athletic article was great.

20. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    You commented on an article that doesn’t have a word about Golden’s redshirt?