Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,872
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,939
    I’ve been to this game every year for the last 4 years...

Sadly I’m in Chicago for work Monday - Wednesday. I land in Newark at 933pm. Bummer.

3. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,680
    Dang it! Now we'll have to blame it on you if the bad team shows up...

SHU is better than they were expected to be, but keep Powell in check and I like our chances. Just need to have this team show up away from home and I think we might have turned a corner.

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,939
    To be fair, I think last year was the first year we lost there. And I was there.

Powell is their team.

kmacker69 likes this.
  5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,091
    I am going to be there Wednesday, looking forward to it. I think the Dawgs will surprise us. Hopefully.

bumba and kmacker69 like this.
  6. BulldogKeith

BulldogKeith New Member

Money:
    $21
    I find it interesting that SH basically plays their five starters higher proportion of minutes than most teams. Here's the starting five:

G Myles Powell (6'2/195) - 36mpg/23ppg
    G Quincy McKnight (6'4/185) - 26mpg/9ppg
    G Myles Cale (6'6/210) - 29mpg/9ppg
    F Michael Nzei (6'8/205) - 30mpg/10ppg
    F Sandro Mamukelashvili (6'10/230) - 28mpg/10ppg

No reserves average more than 14mpg or 6ppg. They also rarely play two true big men simultaneously.

Overall, this will be a big road test for us. Good opportunity to pick up a quality road win against other team that's looking like an NCAA tournament bubble team.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    OldSchoolDawg1983 and bmradio99 like this.
  7. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $49
    With the loss at DePaul, have to imagine Seton Hall will be pretty angry for the Butler game - will definitely be a test to see if the Dawgs can follow up a good performance at home with another on the road.

cornette33 likes this.
  8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,687
    Yeah - we were all saying the same thing after the embarrassment in Gainesville and we all know how that went.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    Guess we are in second place in the BE

10. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,143
    At this point, I’d just like to see them be competitive on the road. Hard to remember but Butler actually led @ SLU 21-13 about half way through the first half. Been outscored by a combined 54 points on the road since that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $544
    Tied for fourth behind Nova (2-0), St. John's (2-1) and Hall (2-1).

12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    All in on seton hall. A pummeling shall occur.

pappyball, I Am Butler and shoeevv like this.
  13. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,262
    And technically 5th because we lost to GTown

14. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,404
    I actually watched the DePaul - Seton Hall game. Quite casually, because, well, it's a DePaul/SHU game. Here's one thing I'll say for DePaul - they aren't great, but they don't have the loser's mentality on the floor. They compete, they grind, they dive for loose balls, etc. I don't know that Seton Hall expected that. Hall went for like a 6-7 minute stretch without a field goal and it doomed them because DePaul was able to convert SHU turnovers.

I don't know that we can expect SHU to go cold at the Prudential Center, but if Butler keeps the defensive intensity up, they've got a chance. One thing that worries me is Butler's inability to draw fouls. That would be SO valuable against a team like Seton Hall. I'm not expecting that to change in the next two days, though. So the formula's pretty simple. Defend and hit 3s. If Butler doesn't do both well on Wednesday, I don't love our chances.

15. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,404
    I know I made the "it's gonna be dead in there" prediction about the Florida game and that was wrong, but:
    SHU is doing a cheap ticket promotion for our game and...DePaul. There's a lot of inventory available on TM. Guess an 8:30p weeknight tip against an unranked opponent isn't enticing.

HoosierDawg likes this.
  16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    Seton Hall is among the bottom 4 or 5 opponents we play all year in three point shooting - both the number of attempts and the rate at which they make them (32%). They're not particularly great inside the arc either. Finally, they're terrible at getting second chance points. I'm amazed their offense isn't ranked lower than it is (50th), but they've played a difficult schedule, which can make their non-adjusted component numbers look worse than they really are.

What does scare me is that they get to the free throw line at a pretty good rate - particularly Myles Powell, who's excellent from the stripe.

I'm optimistic Paul and JT wake up from their lackluster stretch and have themselves a good homecoming. Butler is still undefeated when Paul plays well on offense.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    Paul Jorgenson in Butler losses: 6-25 from three (24%).
    Paul Jorgenson in Butler wins: 31-66 from three (47%).

Have yourself a homecoming PJ.

18. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,680
    Like Creighton, I don't see Seton Hall as a big physical and aggressive defensive team, so as long as we keep Powell in check we should be able to overwhelm them. Although we haven't shown up well on the road, I think most of that was like at home vs GT, the physical play messes with our offense. (CU got over physical with us in the second half and we got way less effective.) Don't need perfect play, just tough and competitive with more than one or two guys making offensive plays.

Once again cautiously optimistic as long as we keep Powell from going off like the Kentucky game. (He couldn't miss in that half even when well defended!)

19. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $409
    To me that stat there is a proxy for good offensive ball movement and fluidity. I'd have to go back and watch some tape to confirm but PJ's game seems to hum when we aren't standing around or letting KB take it on himself. He also seems to do well when we get out in transition more which usually means we have good defensive activity.

Of course many think he's just a streaky shooter but I think that stat tells a bigger story about how the team is playing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    I'll just be glad to see Angel Delgado not there.