Butler Bulldogs (11-7) vs. St. John's Red Storm (15-3)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Irishdawg, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    My guess is he will be back next year, but he is the closest thing to an NBA talent the team has. He's a fantastic shooter with good length, but his ability to finish at the rim through contact still needs work, and while he's long at the collegiate level, he's not for an NBA player, which given his lack of athleticism at the NBA level could be an issue.

I think if he improves on the defensive end and is able to finish better at the rim, he could make the league with how well he strokes it, but I can't imagine him getting a first round grade currently. Love his outward humility though and his willingness to admit his faults (if you watched the press conference yesterday you saw it). Have a feeling he's going to improve on those areas I mentioned.

2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,181
    Indienapolis, any highlight videos? Preferably dubbed with minners commentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

indienapolis likes this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $609
    I've heard the rumor that he thinks he is a "one and done", but I don't give that rumor much credence. While he played a fairly good couple of games, he has a long way to go for the NBA. He still has quite a ways to go for us to win the Big East. He is, however, playing much better than he did just 3 games ago and we, as a team are flowing better as a result of he and Kamar (and everyone else) developing chemistry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,838
    Tucker will play in the NBA. He should wait until after the 2020 NCAA Tourney at least. Not ready yet, but he will get there.

5. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,115
    Just got to watch the game.

While reading all the comments, it was like I was replaying the game. I could tell exactly in the game each comment happened.

I think the halftime question to Kamar was in poor taste...but it seemed to fire up KB. He was on fire and played very well.
    Didn't like the response to the 12-0 run from SJU. Almost a sense of complacency with the big lead. Up 22? Go up 32!

Other than the run from SJU near the end, this team can compete with anyone.

The offense flowed much better today. Really liked the ball movement. Inside out passing was working well, and it seemed that everyone was doing well to play unselfish and take what was being given.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,115
    Was gonna add this to my post, but you already did. As I said before DePaul game...the best think about a win is no TFP20...

joliebeth23, Tentozen and estar20dawg like this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $609
    Happy with the 2 wins, but this team needs a lot of work on situational basketball.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

dippper61 likes this.
  8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,349
    Very much so. Still a few silly things going on that need a clean up, but nailing down these last two wins is incredibly important. I think LaVall is beginning to realize the Baldwin-Tucker-McD combo, out there running together, is butler's best and most explosive look. And they all three have what seems to be endless motors.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,349
    Ken pom now has us at 39, ole miss at 30 and Florida at 23. Welcome back to the bubble.

10. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,631
    As I was scanning the St. John's roster, I noticed that the mysterious David Caraher is on their team. I'm assuming he had to sit a year after his transfer, so he wasn't eligible for the Butler game.

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,162
    Didn’t you a year or so ago think McD should have been cut?

12. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $133
    So yes David Caraher does have to sit this year and as a transfer can’t travel to road games. He will suit up for the Red Storm next year after Clark and I believe Figuero or whatever the guys name was fouled out yesterday is. He should have a role next year if he can shoot the 3, which I believe is his game.

As far as Willis Brown returning to the board I am glad he is back. Sometimes he goes a little past where I would like him to go but I can choose to ignore those posts. He is knowledgeable and knows basketball and if you don’t like his comments ignore them.

Easier than getting worked up over another poster on the board.!!!!

shoeevv likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,162
    Relax just pulling his chain

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,349
    I'll own up to my feelings on McD. I didn't like what i saw and thought this level of play was too much for him. But he has provem, with some extended play/minutes to have a great energy level and whenever he turned on the turbo boosters...he has impressed. I do like, with the extended rope, the confidence and Hell fire he brings out there. The kid plays fearless, amoung some very big boys....I will forever embrace that.

BulldogsFTW, bubby, Dewars12 and 9 others like this.
  15. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $246
    HIGHLIGHTS

and with Mark Minner...

plus post-game locker room

and post-game presser

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  16. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $246
    Was out late with some ‘00/‘01 west coast alums last night and didn’t get to my usual post-game YouTube hunt till this morning

17. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $249
    Quick Question- is EVERY ticket for the remaining home games really sold out? That’s the message I get on TM- I get it for a SAT game or X or Nova but a TUES game against PROV?? And why are the tickets on secondary so cheap, even for Nova, if the games are really all sold out? Makes zero sense- all I can think is there’s a TM block on my account but it don’t apply for anything other than Butler events

18. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $249
    Name ONE player that turned pro early that was not even a starter that year until halfway through- and don’t give me some injured guy BS like Harry Giles!! No motherfucking way Tucker declares for NBA ty

19. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,085
    DiVincenzo last season. (But that was a very rare circumstance)

But I agree, I can’t see Tucker leaving early this season.

estar20dawg and wazthree like this.
  20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,395
    I expect him to declare (as he should) and return.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops