Butler Bulldogs (12-10) vs. Seton Hall Pirates (13-8) - 2/2

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BU_NeonHat, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,118
    Time for the second watch!

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,201
    I still can't believe they called a foul on AT on Powell's layup after he hacked Paul. AT literally did nothing but stand there.

bmradio99, DawgPoundMac and Tentozen like this.
  3. dippper61

dippper61 Member

Money:
    $133
    Definitely need an offensive minded assistant. He may have been trying to give defensive instructions but I guess he doesn’t demand much when it comes to help side defensive. Overall just seemed like LJ was playing to the cameras. I hope Willard is not the bench mark that we want for out program. On his best day he is an average coach at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,201
    Hadn't realized until Willard was talking in the last timeout that the final play might have been for an Nzei pick-and-roll but he slipped. Only Baddley was down under the basket, Nzei could have powered through him 100%. Really didn't like that LJ seemed to freeze in the last 5 minutes or so. Little communication on offense, which led to KB's late-second desperation drives and stepbacks.

Tentozen likes this.
  5. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $371
    I agree - at the very least LaVall seems to know what he’s talking about defensively. He certainly has a ways to go offensively... The offense he called for during the timeout before the end of the first half was essentially “if they’re in zone, just get it to KB and see what happens”... And that has clearly been the strategy at many other points throughout the year.

That being said, I’m confident if I randomly yelled “Go! Run! Hands up! Move your feet!” And mixed in complaining to the refs, I’d have 90% of Willard’s in-game coaching down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,038
  7. Denverdawg

Denverdawg Member

Money:
    $68
    Few thoughts:

IMO, Lavall outcoached willard, unless Willard was so concerned about the censoring that it rendered him silent. I agree with Connersville, lots of awkward pauses in the huddle.

Willard annoyed the heck out of me with his whining to the officials, but it worked. His whining to get calls led to a lot more yelling from me when he got the calls.

PJ was given some of the top defensive assignments last year. I remember it with Marquette in particular and that always seemed to get him going on both ends of the floor. I noticed a lot of that today when he got the Powell assignment. His shots were falling so that energized him I’m sure, but liked what I saw defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwesson15, SRG and Tentozen like this.
  8. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,679
    Hinkle likes this.
  9. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,363
    Oh geez. The video was so far behind the live action that it wouldn’t have been possible to intercept plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

IndyDawgs likes this.
  10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,571
    I also forgot to mention - a top 25 program scored five points in the last 14 minutes of the game where they scored only 25 points total - at home, no less. I’ll take 5 in 6-plus over 5 in 14 any day, given the choice. All about perspective.

Are you an NC State fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon likes this.
  11. Geoffrey Bannister

Geoffrey Bannister New Member

Money:
    $42
    “You gotta go hard to the middle!You gotta settle for one white guy on you! My son could go by him!” — can you say that on national tv?

12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,277
    I still can’t tell if the one post was serious about the Catholic schools banding together to slap the non-Catholic school’s hand.

13. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

I still say we need a coach.

dippper61 likes this.
  14. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $654
    The Catholicism discussion is a riot!

NCJon likes this.
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,449
    For those who offer very little in the way of constructive criticism or solutions other than consistently calling for the coach's dismissal, would perhaps be best served to find another team to support. Continuing to call for the coach's head is redundant the point of being counter productive. LJ will continue to be BU's head coach for the short term future.

16. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,467
    you were pretty close!

17. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,467
    I even heard LJ say, we can get a 2 for 1 here. So he is aware of it. Not sure why this is the first time we have executed it.

18. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $724
    I don't know about that. I'm sure I heard Collier say, on FS1's All Access, he was going to fire LJ because he stole SH's last play of the game.

Delivery Dawg and DawgsMD like this.
  19. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,467
    I completely agree!

20. BUBlue

BUBlue Member

Money:
    $50
    BIG difference is that Duke wasn’t in the process of losing a 17 point lead with 6 3/4 minutes to play in the game!