Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,462
    bmradio99 and Daddysmack like this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,744
    Very much. I'm thinking it lands around 5 but we'll see. Creighton is a completely different animal on the road vs home but they will present a challenge to Butler because of how much they fire away and they are pretty good at it. Thompson is going to have his hands full with Alexander for sure. That should be a fun match up.

They are quietly rolling at 12-2. Should be a good one come Saturday.

7. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,432
    Do you think At will be on him? Zegarowski has made them go either way we need KB and AT to defend at high level

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,620
    And Willis is first to lay money on this game! Congrats Willis.

I am leaning toward Creighton to cover as well. Watching them destroy Nebraska scares me that this Blue Jay team could get hot and make life difficult for Butler. There are no easy games in conference, home or away.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $6,744
    I think so at least some. I see Alexander as a pro. He's that good. So I think you put your best on him mostly. Maybe not the whole time but if anyone can kinda lock him up, it's Thompson. And we have no idea how Baldwin's wheel is/going to be.

And that's the other thing when it comes to the final line...how healthy is KB? Reports seem optimistic but I can't imagine he's 100%.

10. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,432
    Agreed. I think this game more than others it will be important to get points from tucker David Baddley and Battle with KB not being at full go

RPEye likes this.
  11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,457
    creighton will be the 3rd top 50 3FG% team we've faced this season (Baylor and Stanford being the other 2)

bmradio99 likes this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,267
    Creighton relies on three players- Zegarowski, Alexander and Ballock. Combined they take 74% of the threes and convert on 43%. They represent 60% of their scoring. Each averages over 34 minutes a game . In their two losses they were a combined 11-40( 27%) from three and in their 12 wins they were 95-210 (45%). None of the three get into foul trouble as they each average below 2 fouls a game. So getting one of the three in foul trouble will be difficult. Do they not foul much because they are excellent position defenders or are they not aggressive defenders? Creighton is not a great rebounding team and does a good job of not turning the ball over. If they are hitting threes it will be tough. If not we win fairly easily.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  13. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,460
    KenPom has it at -8 and Torvik is at -7.5, so Jared's line isn't a huge surprise.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $6,744
    And that's what worries me. Eventually one of these deep shooting teams will be hitting.

15. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,462
    Wanted to transfer my thoughts over to this correct thread and add a little more:

Creighton really scares me. 11th in offense in KP and around 20th in NET, giving us a home Q1 opportunity. As an aside I think MN crept into 30 in NET making us only team in country with 5 Q1 wins.

Their 3 guards just went for 61 pts, 20 r, 10 a on nearly 50 % from 3 as a collective against Marquette (and the three guards are >40% collectively over the entire season). As I believe Hinkle has stated, our defense tends to give up a lot of 3 pt looks, which is exactly what creighton wants. I am worried about us matching up against their three guards and would like to see more of David as the guy guarding their third guard (to go with Baldwin and Thompson). I am especially worried bc Kamar will likely be less than 100%. Might we see a new starting lineup with only 1 of Golden or Nze?

We have faced two top 50 teams in Baylor and Stanford and the results were mixed. I believe Stanford shot 45% from 3 while Baylor really struggled.

This is like playing a rich mans Wofford. Great test!

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,267
    Stanford shot 9-20 from three and Baylor was 6-27. Creighton averages around 20 attempts from three.

17. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $675
    It is critical to not let a team like Creighton get comfortable at the three. Pressure on the perimeter early, and if they drive not have three guys help out so they can dish it to a set shooter. It is obvious they want to run and sit people on the three point line in transition. That will be the challenge, to get back in numbers. That being said, they are not too shy about shooting and controlling the tempo will be a key. I suspect they can be frustrated if they are only going to get 25 shots a half and not 35.

18. the missing link

the missing link Member

Money:
    $80
    I agree. David “Mr. Clutch” needs to see more minutes because of his defensive ability to guard the three and his newfound shooting stroke. I think David could be the key ingredient in a Dawgs victory over Creighton on Saturday.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  19. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,121
    Creighton can't make threes if Butler doesn't let them take them. Agree with Christian David being a possible defensive factor in this game. Need to run them off the line somehow. They're rhythm shooters. SDSU blew them out because Jays couldn't throw it in the ocean on a neutral court. Ballock, etc., won't be uncomfortable, per se, at Hinkle, so defense has to reign.

20. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,121
    Also - any word on Kamar Baldwin's ankle? Creighton +7.5 is free money if Baldwin is hobbled, IMO.

GO_DAWGS! and willisbrown like this.