Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (13-10) at Georgetown Hoyas (15-8) - 2/9

Jared Grubbs, Feb 8, 2019

Settled
  1. schoops

schoops Active Member

Money:
    $828
    Crazy that this far into the season there will be at least 4 teams and possibly 5 all tied at 5-6 for 3rd in the league at the end of the day. This is nuts.

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $767
    ButlerNut, ChiDawg3 and DawgPoundMac like this.
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,182
    We could end regular season at 19-12 and Xavier 11-20. Wouldn't that be nice?

joliebeth23, BURph92, NCJon and 4 others like this.
  4. alecbunt

alecbunt Member

Money:
    $66
    I think it’s a Quad 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac and PSUButlerFan like this.
  5. Denverdawg

Denverdawg Member

Money:
    $53
    I liked Baldwin’s body language a lot today. He went to celebrate with teammates multiple times after they made big plays, then didn’t want to give up the ball at the end of the game.

I’ve never really noticed his body language other than him always seeming under control, but I liked this more demonstrative display today. And, it was consistently about others which will almost always lead to something positive for the overall psyche of the team.

Hopefully they can use this as a springboard for next week and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joliebeth23 and Lukas Harkins like this.
  6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $767
    It is Quadrant 1 for now but barely as Georgetown was 72nd in NET. Might not be after the NET updates (cutoff is 75).

alecbunt likes this.
  7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,108
    The exact same thing happened to me. I DVR’d the game because of my daughter’s birthday party and then it cut-off the last 1:35. I’m glad we pulled out a win tho!

Also, of all announcers, I can’t believe it was Brandon Gaudin who was the first all season to mention a Butler player playing at the local YMCA. We don’t get that as much anymore with Rosie or Chrabs.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  8. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,632
    Was an exciting game to attend, but got a little too exciting at the end! Saw myself on a few highlights doing a fist pump! ;) AT's mom was not liking the fouls on her son, but neither did I! Guy next to me was yelling at our couches to run a damn play at around 1:30 left in the game! One coach actually gave him the stink eye along with all the friends and family right in front of us. (He did say sorry I shouldn't have yelled that, but I understood the frustration.) Head out for dinner and a few drinks... Today was a good day!

9. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $204
    Now it is reasonable to think that we win one of the three between Nova, Marquette and St.J. We still have a shot at 10-8. I think 9-9 could get 3rd place though. 9-9 and a win in the tournament could get us in.

alecbunt likes this.
  10. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $249
    Sweet Jesus what a difference 1 week makes!!! This game was simply MUST win and the Dogs delivered the goods!! Coupled today with St John's and a massive shart on their home court and I believe Butler will realistically finish 3rd in the BE and grind out a 9-9/ 18-13 record + 1 win in the BET and I say they dance once again!!! Forget about Nova & Marquette- they don't exist, let's take care of business at home against the 3 doormats and steal one at SJ or Prov and if they have to play in Dayton for the "play in" game, all the better for a NCAA 1st round road trip!! ALL ABOARD the Butler Express!!!!

11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,108
    Also, can we talk about how big Tucker’s block was?!

That dunk would have tied the game with 3:00 to go and given G’Town a ton of momentum.

Instead Butler took a 5-pt lead into the final 2:30.

12. Bernie44

Bernie44 Member

Money:
    $100
    Not pretty but a badly needed road win! Congrats Bulldogs for keeping it together at the end after pretty much having G-Town covered most of the second half. Now, let's make it back to back with a W at St John's!

dippper61 likes this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $618
    Right when the ball was in the air to him, I yelled NO. Because I didn't think he would catch the pass. Then, the miss... all in all though, pretty decent game from Nate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $204
    Don't look now but Butler has the longest wining streak in the Big East.

15. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    Much like the David block against Ole Miss, it was only possible because he was completely out of position in the first place. Georgetown had back to back pick and rolls that were completely uncovered and failed to take advantage.

16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $709
    Where is the Johnnie's GM? Their campus or MSG?

17. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $204
    I am so happy to see Depaul beat X. This was a double win. 1. X lost. That is always good. 2. I think it is great to see Depaul being competitive in the BE.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  18. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $249
    The X message board must be an absolute hornets nest right now- LOVE IT!!! Hope Paul Scruggs enjoys wallowing in the mire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.
  19. dreamcrusher78

dreamcrusher78 New Member

Money:
    $22
    It's on campus at the carnesecca arena

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,182
    Complete disgust and melt down on X board. We can't lose to X at Hinkle.

Hinkle likes this.