Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (14-11) vs DePaul Blue Demons (13-10) - 2/16

Jared Grubbs, Feb 16, 2019

Settled
  1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,426
    Our 5 through 10 though is not even in the same conference level though and the the 3 or 4 of them ain't that much better than ours yet the 4 or 5 through 10 are light years apart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app
    Personally if I had to put a starting 5 there I'd go KB struss reed semi Fowler at the moment

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $123
    Oops, forgot all about Rose's triple double. Thanks for the correction.

3. EagleIan

EagleIan Member

Money:
    $64
    From Butler and DePaul I would start Thompson Baldwin Strus Tucker Reed

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $336
    Strus visited Butler and the rumor was we didn't offer him a scholarship. Wish we had him now. Reminds me of Alec Peters.

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $543
    Supposedly, Holtman didn't like his feet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $389
    Was he channeling Rex Ryan when he made this assessment?

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,972
    I feel like Cain has been at DePaul for 10 years.

BURph92, DawgPoundMac and Hinkle like this.
  8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,972
    Thanks all for the input and discussion on DePaul players who would start. Good convo.

9. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Active Member

Money:
    $219
    Isn't it funny how 2-3 weeks ago Tucker was going pro at the end of this year. Now there is discussion that he 1) could not even start for any other BE team and 2) he might not start for us if we had a couple of players from the team we have dominated over the last 6 years. A person could get whiplash reading this board.

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    If Tucker had a complete game like Strus then I’d take Tucker for upside. Strus is a senior, physically stronger and plays at a high level all the time. Tucker is basically still a freshman, needs to get stronger and play at a much more intense level. Strus is an all BE player and he should be first team.

seadawg likes this.
  11. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Active Member

Money:
    $219
    Don't get me wrong, I like Strus. He is a helluva player.

I was commenting more on the wild extremes of this board than anyone particular player.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  12. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,055
    Like Scotty Reynolds at Nova. Or Wayne Chism at Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  13. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $179
    I see that also and seemed like crazy talk when people on the board were talking about half a year and done. He is still a good player and he needs to be out there and starting for development.

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,201
    Whether Tuck should start is debatable. At this point he would have difficulty defending a bucket of sand. I fully understand his upside could be bright, but at this point he is merely a spot up shooter who often stands in the corner to take a shot. I witnessed that again on Saturday evening and was not impressed. LJ was not overly enthused by his play. This has not been unexpected as he is still finding his way, but he has certainly not exceeded expectations with the exception of his rebounding at times.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,178
    The idea that he is a big negative defensively is a pervasive one on the boards but it's not evident in the numbers. The team has performed better defensively with him in the lineup than with Baddley or McDermott (see the data Jared posted in the St. J thread). Maybe this is due to JT playing more minutes with Fowler (as opposed to Brunk) than the other two. I have no idea if that's the case, but it's possible. But it could also be that his excellent defensive rebounding percentage more than make up for his lacking positional awareness or on-ball defensive skills.

In any event, I don't buy that JT is a big negative defensively.

PSUButlerFan and Daddysmack like this.
  16. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,426
    While he has kind of fallen off and looks like the game is still moving to fast right now and needs to slow down, he brings the ability to stretch the floor and 6'7 and McD in at the same time he keeps the court stretched. Yes his defense leaves a lot to be desired still but he's not afraid of big moments, shots and going after a rebound. Whether or not he should start is debatable

Daddysmack likes this.
  17. GoDawgs200

GoDawgs200 Member

Money:
    $72
    Fowler? In your starting 5? You must be crazy or like watching wide open layups be missed.

18. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,426
    um his metrics are off the chart, and at the moment he's playing with aggression and intensity, yes right now I'd take Fowler as my starting 5 and I have been on the other side where you are at, but denying how he's playing right now is silly. Him and PJ are directly responsible for the righting of the ship

19. GoDawgs200

GoDawgs200 Member

Money:
    $72
    I respectfully disagree. I think your 100 percent right about Paulie but Fowler to me is just a big goofball who can’t finish at the rim or protect it. Oh well, go dawgs! Big game Wednesday.

20. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,888
    This is nit picky and not Intended to be a jab, but you have a much looser definition of “righting of the ship” than I do.

willisbrown likes this.