Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (15-13) vs Villanova Wildcats (21-8) - 3/2

Jared Grubbs, Mar 1, 2019

Settled
  1. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,779
    Misery loves company with shooting woes. The Celtics were 22-106 from three going back to Tuesday’s game to halftime of today’s game. This from a team full of pros that have shot 40% on the year.

Slumps hit hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I think things would have to fall apart for the next 3 years or so with the Celtics for Stevens to jump back into college ball.

Unless Jordan's Bulldogs are terrible last year (like worse than this year), I think he's here for at least another two seasons.

Matta would be interesting. I imagine he could get more money elsewhere, but if he wanted a pretty low pressure environment in familiar territory, I'd love to see us hire him again in a heartbeat. Wasn't there a rumor that we offered him the job? And he verbally accepted only to have second thoughts and back out?

Our best bet for now is for Jordan, as a young head coach, to simply improve though. These other alternatives seem like pipe dreams.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I don’t think Brad is coming back to college. If the Celtics don’t want him, someone else will and he doesn’t ever need a job again.

pappyball and estar20dawg like this.
  4. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    Correct. He hated recruiting more than anything. He's not leaving the NBA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. EagleIan

EagleIan Member

Money:
    $67
    Brad could also jump into any broadcast booth that he wanted and hang for a few years. Or run for President.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  6. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $916
    What I saw on my TV Saturday afternoon was a great performance. For two hours, I was thoroughly entertained and invested into what I was watching and as time went on, I found myself enjoying it more and more. It was gripping, paced well, and just the overall flow made the two hours fly by. The big names involved too...wow, just terrific. Fantastic range, great emotion, and a really sense of pride of the final product. So a tip of the cap to you...Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

Sidd Finch and Insane Dawg like this.
  7. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    Boston has a well publicized "chemistry" problem, not a coaching issue. It's so bad in Boston that a great coach can't even over come it. Selfishness in this case. And, it's so bad that it is rumored (and widely suspected) that a laid back guy like Gordon Hayward hates it there. That last statement from a person who knows Gordon's dad, so it is third hand, but it is not so far fetched it can't be believed, knowing Gordon's background and style. Ainge will have to address this in the off season, and I would wager that he will. Sometimes it just comes down to the General Managers and Athletic Directors admitting their mistakes, taking a bullet, and correcting the situation for the benefit of the organization.

8. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    I think Brad could build a really good assistant coaching staff to do the heavy lifting on recruiting and simply be "the closer" on the big names.

That being said, I don't see him leaving the Celtics anytime soon.

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    I wonder if Gordon Hayward is very near the end of his career.

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Well, he’s due $66.8 million over the next two years as long as he keeps showing up, so I think it’s a safe bet that he’s got at least 2 more seasons.

At that point he’ll be entering his age 31 season, have played 11 years, and made $185,109,863 from his contracts alone. There certainly will be no need for him to play another second unless he wants to.

That being said, he’ll still be only 31, and I’d expect him to be much better next year than this year as he distances himself from his injury.

bwesson15 and Sidd Finch like this.
  11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,084
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-t...-celtics-forward-will-be-all-star-again-after

People forget Paul George needed a full season to get back to himself and now look at the season he is having. MVP worthy, not going to win it but he's going to be in the top 5. That injury was so horrific plus needed a second late surgery on it.

12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Matta is a play that makes sense. But will never happen. There about 20 names that make sense. But it won't happen. Unfortunately, we're riding with this staff and it's going nowhere fast.

13. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    It'll be interesting to see if there's at least a shake-up of some of this assistant coaching staff. There should be.

tedfrye likes this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Plus, if Brad decides to coach in college again, it would clearly be to come home to IU. I mean, he liked them as a kid.

BulldogsFTW, bumba, bwesson15 and 4 others like this.
  15. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,084
    you forgot the sarcasm font ;)

16. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    Can't bet from mobile app or I would have been awash in Butler Bucks!

17. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,084
    Hey troll how'd that David defense go for you tonight Eh? Not quite what you wanted Eh pal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

UDDawg, BoyGeoff and pjohnsto2003 like this.