Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (15-14) vs Xavier Musketeers (16-13) - 3/5

Jared Grubbs, Mar 4, 2019

Settled
  1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $677
    A win makes this atrocious season a little better, and it ruins the other team’s tournament chances.

Come out and support Paulie and Nate for the “last time” playing in Hinkle (Hello, NIT/CBI). Amazingly, without them, Butler would have a losing record.

jeff, bwesson15, dawgs2014 and 3 others like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,468
    I'll support the fact neither will see a home butler game again.

jkcdawgs and dawgy style like this.
  3. dawgy style

dawgy style Member

Money:
    $52
    Hahhaha cheers to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

jkcdawgs likes this.
  4. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member

Money:
    $987
    I hope they win and get an NIT home game just to spite you guys

jeff, bwesson15, bmradio99 and 4 others like this.
  5. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,250
    A win tomorrow night would be a hell of a Birthday present, but that "other school" has been playing better mostly due to physically manhandling teams in the paint and physical perimeter play, both are our Achilles heel. We play well when the physical play is whistled, but go in the tank when it isn't. This roster would thrive if the NCAA kept the whistle happy games up instead of relenting. I don't think that is bad, but we weren't ready for it obviously.

Hope they get fired up and play thru it, but I'm going to try and temper my reactions and sip a little Hendrick's to mellow the pain and toast the seniors who gave so much to the school and fans, even if some are ungrateful turds about it... :p Hope they both put in 20+ and Nate breaks a backboard with a Thunder-dunk! o_O (If you're going to wish, wish big!)

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,487
    It's easy to be critical as we have seen and even downright mean. PJ and Nate chose Butler and they were chosen to play for Butler. They both are good men who will do well in their chosen careers and hopefully will continue to be good ambassadors for Butler. I wish them well and Godspeed.

7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $846
    Let's play for pride and get the W!

pappyball, jeff and cornette33 like this.
  8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,702
    I would like to challenge everyone on this board (even the new ones that appear to only be here to b!tch about the Dawgs). For the X game thread, no negative personal attacks on players or coaches. Complain about calls, complain that "so and so should have made that shot" or "darn, that should have been an And 1" or "gotta rotate quicker there" or something like that. Nothing like "so and so is horrible" or "fire the coach" or "this team is a train wreck" or something like that.

This is Senior Night. It is against the rival team that everyone on this board despises. Let's set a great example of the "Butler Way" and make just this ONE THREAD a positive experience.

It will be easy for me. I no longer stress about the games and complain about the losses. I have resigned myself to the fact that this season isn't turning out the way all of us would have liked. And that's ok. It is still an enjoyable day for me if I get to see the Dawgs play.

BulldogsFTW, MIBulldog, SRG and 15 others like this.
  9. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,137
    Butler 77
    Musketeers 62

10. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    I think this will be the first senior night since 2012 I don't stay for the ceremony afterwards.

willisbrown likes this.
  11. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $242
    This is my 6th year with season tickets and I attended games for many years before that. I will stay for the ceremony as I have every year. I want to express gratitude to the seniors for their commitment and their accomplishments whatever they have been. This season has seen more rough road than smooth, but saying thanks should never be qualified by wins or losses. We have solid kids giving their best. I appreciate that about Butler Basketball.
    PS. I did not attend Butler. I went to Dayton.

#60, OldSchoolDawg1983, SRG and 16 others like this.
  12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,237
    Congrats?

13. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,250
    And just two post later the request was spit on... :( The Big East has a bunch of young talented and tough teams this year. We were missing 1 player to tie the pieces together, but you want to crap on two that helped us get to 3 years in and a 4-3 record in the NCAA tourney with a sweet sixteen. Congrats on your lack of humanity! Tons of post to put that, but couldn't leave this one out there to when they are done to go back and look at their senior day! Yeah thank you for showing how your opinion can't wavier to human compassion! WTF!!!!! Expected better from you!?!? (Delete it and I will also? If you think better of the post?)

DawgFan, BoyGeoff, godogs91 and 5 others like this.
  14. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $476
    I understand u may not think PJ or Nate are good players. But you can’t argue they have repersented the program honorably. Not every player is going to be Matt Howard or Gordon Hayward. If u don’t want to give them some love after the game give ur tickets away. Many of us would be more than happy and support them.

15. Dawgdad

Dawgdad Active Member

Money:
    $167
    I honestly feel sorry for you if you felt compelled to make this post. You simply don’t get it or you are a very shallow, self absorbed person.
    Senior Night has nothing to do with your opinions of the program or wins and losses. It is a way to thank the seniors involved in the program (not just as players) for their dedication and effort to the program.
    How much time and effort have you given the program?
    The two senior players have given their best and I’m sure they would be the first to say they wish the results for their senior year were different. Regardless, of wins and losses, they have made tremendous personal sacrifices and love Butler.
    How about the senior managers that have worked 40-60 hour weeks for absolutely no pay while being non scholarship and paying to go to college?
    As a member of the Butler community, I am humbled to applaud all of their efforts as I did those teams that came before them.
    If you choose not to honor the seniors, that is your choice. But, please display a little dignity and refrain from idiotic statements like the one above. My guess is nobody really cares if you attend or not as the night is not about you.

16. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $0
    But personal attacks against X players are ok right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sidd Finch, godogs91, BURph92 and 6 others like this.
  17. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,702
    Encouraged!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,060
    Well the good thing about this GM thread is since they are basically eliminated from the NCAA tournament, fans don't have to go nuts on the board.

For example, I will just relax and watch and not scream at the TV.;)

pappyball likes this.
  19. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,702
    I've been doing that for the last 4 games.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,060
    You're better than me then!