Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (15-14) vs Xavier Musketeers (16-13) - 3/5

Jared Grubbs, Mar 4, 2019

Settled
  1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Blasphemous actions taken by that poster!

HinkleMagic319 likes this.
  2. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,917
    Next year should be more talented, more athletic, bigger and better. I hope we play big. The pieces are there. Bold prediction...golden will take the starting 5 position, battle will start at the 2 with Baldwin and Tucker on the ball.

3. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    This was an amazing interview. Paul sounds like an amazing guy. Hope he somehow could get on this staff. Such a dawg!

4. cornette33

Money:
    $822
    Butler on their official Twitter has a day in the life of kamar.

Butler should do more to let us learn about the players on their twitter

#60, harvesting, Insane Dawg and 3 others like this.
  5. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,238
    I will say in that PJ interview they had a play where he ran off two screens, so it’s in the offensive arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Insane Dawg and knobcreekfan like this.
  6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,145

Current Standings (3rd through 8th):
    3 - Georgetown (8-8 conference record)
    4 - St. Johns (8-9 conference record)
    5 - X (8-9 conference record)
    6 - Seton Hall (7-9 conference record)
    7 - Creighton (7-9 conference record)
    8 - Butler (7-10 conference record)

Georgetown, Seton Hall and Creighton have two games in conference left.

Georgetown finishes with two road games. At DePaul tonight and at Marquette on Saturday. Let's assume a split. That puts Georgetown at 9-9.
    Seton Hall finishes with two home games. But that is Marquette tonight and Nova on Saturday. Seton Hall could easily finish 7-11.
    Creighton finishes with two home games. Providence (tonight) and DePaul on Saturday. Neither of those is a gimme for Creighton this year, even at home. Let's say Creighton splits. That puts them at 8-10.

St. John's and X play each other on Saturday. So, one of those will end up 9-9 and the other will be 8-10. I am giving the loss to X...because they are X!!!

Butler has one game left, at Providence this Saturday. Let's assume the team that beat X shows up and Butler wins. Butler finishes at 8-10.

So, to summarize, after Saturday, the 3rd through 8th places could have these records (using the current standings):

3 - Georgetown (9-9 conference record)
    4 - St. Johns (9-9 conference record)
    5 - X (8-10 conference record)
    6 - Seton Hall (7-11 conference record)
    7 - Creighton (8-10 conference record)
    8 - Butler (8-10 conference record)

So, 6th through 8th place could all have an 8-10 record. Is it realistic that Butler could finish as the 6th seed and avoid playing Wednesday? That's a legitimate question because I don't know the tiebreaker procedure well enough, and Butler split with X and Creighton. Would Butler lose all tie-breaks and finish 8th? What if DePaul goes nuts and wins its last two? Then Georgetown and DePaul also would have 8-10 conference records. So, 4-8 would all have the same record. What's the 5 way tie-breaker? (NOTE: Providence or Creighton would be 7-11 as would Seton Hall as the 9th and 10th place).

This is the most log-jammed finish I can ever recall, in any conference.

So, Butler could be playing Wednesday (as either the 7/10 or the 8/9 seed) or Butler could be a 6 (maybe a 5 or 4 if Georgetown collapses). WTF?

Can someone expand on this already wayyyyyyyy toooooooo long post and help make some sense of this?

HinkleMagic319 likes this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,343
    Absolutely. The interview with a Paul was the first time I had heard him speak about his passion and love for butler and it took until his last home game.

8. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $111
    Sorry bro I just heard about the app a few days ago lol- I should have known there would be that name on here

9. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $111
    I need an explanation as well lmao

ButlerNut likes this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    Saw it while it was happening. I might add I'd like to see both seniors start in the remaining games.

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    GT could end up 8-10.

12. SRG

SRG Member

Money:
    $35,528
    I rarely post but read almost daily. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I agree wholeheartedly, and really it’s just a game being played by kids. Most of these kids will be great parents and leaders in their chosen profession. It’s easy to lose perspective in a down season. Go Dawgs!

2xDawg, knobcreekfan and seadawg like this.
  13. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Member

Money:
    $182
    ButlerNut and pappyball like this.
  14. cornette33

Money:
    $822
    Anyone on here know anyone on their social media or Butler staff to share the suggestion?

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    Rewatched the game and came away with a few additional thoughts

Golden was outstanding and I thought was our best five last night. He is quicker and more physical than Brunk or Fowler. He doesn’t bring the ballot down and is tenacious on going after rebounds and blocking out.

David may have improved the most of any player from the beginning of the season.

I have never seen Baldwin so focused and emotional. He was driven as was PJ.

16. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,899
    Agreed. I don't understand this quad 1-4 crap. The fact that IU lost 11 of 12 but is putting themselves in a good position because of quad 1 wins? I'd love an NIT rematch with them, assuming we can play like we did against X!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball and bumba like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,917
    I can't stand it. I may be old school but this net thing is annoying. I have two quads. Suck it, net.

Chances are high the nit puts us on the same side as IU. I'd welcome it (if we get in).

18. Michdog

Michdog Active Member

Money:
    $196
    We’re jinxing all NIT talk already. Last time we were all jacked up about NCAA tournament bids and seeding, the team fell apart. We all yelled and screamed on the Discussion Board about how bad they were and how we’re never going to watch them ever again and they go and beat Xavier with a great performance and game plan. Now we’re back liking the team again - that can only mean one thing......