Butler Bulldogs (15-2, 3-1 conf.) at. DePaul (12-5, 0-4 conf.), January 18

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 16, 2020.

1. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $419
    I believe there’s some sort of Butler pre-game event at the VU Rooftop Bar right next to Wintrust Arena starting at 10... Not sure if you have to register for it or what, but I got an email about it from the BU Chicago Alumni Chapter. To my knowledge, Gaslight is still the main Butler Bar in the city and it’s about a ~15 min ride down Lake Shore Drive from Lincoln Park, unsure of they have any pre-game activities Saturday.

As someone who used to live in the city and literally works for Wintrust I should probably know more about the area around the arena... But we’re out in the burbs now with a 1.5 year old and aren’t trendy city people anymore.

I’m sure someone else could give you better recommendations than me. However, if you’re looking for a brewery I’m always partial to the Revolution Brewery Tour... IIRC they have them on Friday evenings and throughout Saturday afternoon-early evening. It’s free, first come, first “serve” and you get a free beer. If you don’t get in the tour, you hang out and drink beer and wait for the next tour... and get a free beer. The main drawback is that there’s nothing else around it. Not a rough area, just in no man’s land next to the highway. All of that being said, It’s my personal favorite and did I mention the free beer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $976
    My Man!

[​IMG]

huss587 likes this.
  3. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $186
    Classic trap game in that the Dawgs could be looking ahead for Nova.

You Can’t do that! (clap and repeat).

4. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,279
    FWIW, the Revolution production brewery is a 5 min cab/Lyft from all the fun in Logan Square. My favorite brewery 1-2 punch is Half Acre and Spiteful, right next door to each other, but that's quite a ways away from downtown.

Near the arena, there's a good bit of casual stuff. It's all shiny and new and by the convention center, so nothing's really a must-go or must-avoid. Fatpour Tap Works is also across from the arena, and is your standard tons-of-beers-and-elevated-bar-food place, and they'll be open pregame. Postgame brewery that's walkable is Motor Row; it's decent if a bit spartan. I don't believe Gaslight is doing anything pregame since there's an event right across from the arena. If you're interested in staying close for food but not a bar scene, Chinatown is like a 5 min cab ride west of the arena. Lao Sze Chuan and MingHin are my favorites.

Huss, I also have a 1.5 year old so I know how things can change (though we're still hanging on to our city life).

ButlerNut and huss587 like this.
  5. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,432
    DePaul takes a lot of bonehead shots. That and butler is going to come out and defend after Wednesday I don’t think DePaul gets to 55. Let’s just hope we get to 56

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgWild likes this.
  6. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,023
    Well damn! We're number 5 in the nation and I'm blacked out down here in NC!?!?! Going to have to find an alternate site to watch on the internet, since they have also blocked it out on the go app from here? I really hate when they do that crap! I'll find a way, but it irkes me a bit to watch on the computer like we're back in the Horizon league!

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,458
    The fox go app doesn't have it for you either? That's just odd. Especially where you are.

Do you have fox sports southeast? I see it down here on that. Just looked on my dial and it's on there.

I'm sure you could reddit it worst case.

kmacker69 likes this.
  8. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,023
    We have the channel and it says blacked out and on the App it says no longer available?!?! I guess the ACC pissants down here are pissed because the BE is way better than them this year! :rolleyes:

9. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $496
    Is the game on TV? It’s not showing up on any of the usual channels in South Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $496
    What happened to all of the Butler radio & TV alumni? Some of them should set up shop in Chicago and produce a bootleg broadcast of the game for the southerners.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

MIBulldog, madeline18 and kmacker69 like this.
  11. Dale Denton

Dale Denton Member

Money:
    $49
    Macky when I started reading this I thought you were talking about blacking out. I was like “yo brother chill, the loss was only one game.” Hahaha it is Friday cuz. Maybe we should all start the party for the game a little early. I like the dawgs to rebound in Chiraq (LOL!) with a dub. Just got to keep the floor general, AT, out of foul trouble.

12. WAJC77

WAJC77 Active Member

Money:
    $249
    I don't like this.. Atlanta paper isn't showing any Butler broadcast at 1p tomorrow on Fox Sports Southeast or Fox Sports South.... but they aren't showing any live events all afternoon on either of those regional channels... trying to find an actual broadcast schedule online for either of those 2 channels has been f***ing impossible ! Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll just show up

13. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,561
  14. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,093
    Coming off a loss, I'm not really worried about our guys not being prepared or ready for the challenge at hand.

OldSchoolDawg1983 likes this.
  15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,458
    My Xfinity guide here in Atlanta (Roswell) is showing it on at 1pm tomorrow on FS Southeast (not sure who you have but it's 884 on my dial.

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/fox-sports-southeast/1352/2020-01-18

WAJC77 likes this.
  16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    Considering all the negatives BU experienced in the second half against the Pirates, the team still had a great opportunity to win the game. I think BU will bounce back with a solid effort. Not saying it will be easy though, but I expect the team to rededicate defensively.

Tentozen and OldSchoolDawg1983 like this.
  17. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,837
    Cheers for the recommendations dudes!

huss587 and bmradio99 like this.
  18. dawg767

dawg767 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $511
    For those without local TV coverage like me in Denver, the game can be streamed on CBS Sports App as per link below. Better than nothing I reckon. . .

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-channel-start-time-for-saturdays-ncaab-game/

19. WAJC77

WAJC77 Active Member

Money:
    $249
  20. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,274
    Butler will likely open at -4