Butler Bulldogs (16-14) vs. Providence Friars (16-14) - 3/9

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Mar 9, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,924
    So what’d I miss?

bumba likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,924
    Ha, jk.

I had to turn it off with 5 min to go, and I wasn’t around here because I was packing during the game, but man that was brutal.

Missing shots and bad O. No D whatsoever. Easy looks inside and wide open 3s.

Butler is looking at 16-16, and the NIT bid is a coin flip.

3. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $111
    Your comment there was not funny and made no sense man. Your an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $111
    This is a basketball app. Honestly I’m sure everyone on here hopes everyone on the teams becomes successful and great men, but who on here cares about the quality of men there going to become no wants to hear that on this site. Cmon man this is basketball

jkcdawgs and bumba like this.
  5. Ross Hall

Ross Hall Member

Money:
    $49
    Based on their play this year, are we positive these things were actually happening??

6. Clevedog

Clevedog Active Member

Money:
    $284
    I am enjoying the warm weather here in Arizona, today my relatives got to watch Butler Basketball, I could not live here, it is to early in the morning to drink to watch our team. Time to go back home, watch baseball, get the boat ready to launch and think about next year. This may have been the most frustrating and disgusting year of Butler Basketball this 1970 grad has seen in a long time. I hope all of you who have been excited by next year's new and returning players are right.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,162
    I'm fairly sure this forum is about basketball. No one is questioning their character, future success in the real world or what major they graduated with.

jkcdawgs, Army Dawg!!! and IndyDawgs like this.
  8. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    May be the first game I’ve voluntarily decided to skip the 2nd half. What a load of crap.

estar20dawg and willisbrown like this.
  9. dippper61

dippper61 Member

Money:
    $117
    Do you realize the difference between the Sweet 16 and not making the tournament is only 2 games?

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Telling a kid he won’t play much in the future is different than telling a kid he is not allowed on the team. I’m all for being honest with a kid, but fortunately I know for a fact that our athletic department’s values align with mine with regards to pulling scholly’s and that’s part of why they get money from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    100% agreed Insane Dawg. 100%. I spend all summer counting days until the first game day. I will NEVER be ready for a season to be over no matter how bad it is.

12. Ross Hall

Ross Hall Member

Money:
    $49
    That’s more what I meant. Strongly hinting that there won’t be much opportunity in the future. I am with you in that outright pulling a scholarship is pretty bad.

13. tlp63

tlp63 Member

Money:
    $109
  14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Another “your”!!!!

It’s like clockwork!!

15. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    Do you realize the difference between losing and winning those two games is a completely different offensive system? Also, a completely different defensive system? And an attitude adjustment?

16. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Member

Money:
    $175
    Lack of player and coaching talent equals last place in the Big East for Butler. LJ, enjoy next year because it will be your last year as head coach for the Dawgs.

dippper61 likes this.
  17. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    And that's basically what I was referring to in my earlier comments. I would never be in favor of yanking a scholarship. I believe they would evaluate each player after the season ends and just how they fit moving forward. The player I mentioned JGB doesn't ever look like he will get playing time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Insane Dawg likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,399
    Why not? Is JGB that much worse than AT or Baddley?

19. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    Evidently the coaching staff thinks so.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,399
    I’m asking you not LJ. What do you think and why?