Butler Bulldogs (16-14) vs. Providence Friars (16-14) - 3/9

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Mar 9, 2019.

1. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    I think he is slow and unathletic haven't seen enough to know if he can shoot. Not real sure position wise where he would fit in. He looks like a mini me version of Rosie.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    Well, technically Butler finished 9th due to tie-breakers. So, there’s that.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

jarik and bumba like this.
  3. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    Maybe they will get a participation trophy

jkcdawgs likes this.
  4. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,184
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,779
    Three if you’re in the play-in game

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

dippper61 likes this.
  6. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $538
    And you would think that would lead to a more than 8 point margin of outscoring them.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    Rebounding differential was comparable.

8. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    Not to burst your rose colored bubble(s), but you people do realize that Providence and Ed Cooley took their foot off the gas quite a bit in the second half. Had it not been for some foul trouble and the sportsmanship of a decent head coach, they probably could have won by 40. What Butler put on the floor and the effort throughout was an embarrassment.

9. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    With clowns like you, wow! I'm so embarrassed and ashamed.

10. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Can we keep it to basketball? No one cares or wants to read about this feud.

11. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,697
    And just like that another ignore! Your are #4 total, feel special yet? No worries I won't see your response unless you take your personal attack to messages where they should be!

12. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    I agree

13. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,184
    Don't know you. Don't need to.

You have posted nothing but divisive and angry comments on this board.

Some of us have been here a while. We agree, and we disagree. But we all agree that we support the Dawgs and want to see wins.

You and a few other posters are here just to bash the program, players, coaches, and others on forum. That's not healthy for anyone connected to Butler Basketball.

If you have actual contributions, that would be great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen, jeff, estar20dawg and 4 others like this.
  14. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    I'm not here to bash anything. I'm just as frustrated as anyone on here. I love Butler always have and always will and has been for 50 plus years. What I don't understand is I see lots of people "bashing" and it seems this is a good ole boy network. If I during a game say Nate sucks that's not bashing anyone and I'm not attacking his character. I'm commenting on his lack of basketball skills. A lot of people in here are hypocrites. I haven't attacked anyone who hasn't attacked me first and I haven't tried to be divisive one bit, but I'm not going to sit back
    and shut up when some wise ass doesn't think I'm worthy of being in this fraternity. I enjoy being on here and agree with a lot of what I see and some I disagree with and when I disagree I have not once came back with some wise ass remark until this crap started. I don't claim to have the answers to fix what happened this season but I have seen enough to realize what a lot of the causes are. All I know is I hope they can fix it and play respectable ball again.

15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I don’t think anyone on this forum is too interested in being my best friend, but my opinions are received in what I would say is a fair manner. People are free to agree or disagree, and mostly they disagree, and that’s ok. But I’ve never been accosted like you have.

What’s the point? The point is that if you come here looking to discuss Butler Basketball, people will be willing to hear you out.

If you come here just looking to trash Butler Basketball, this is not the place. 90% of the frequent posters here Obviously LOVE Butler Basketball, so if you come here and just trash it all the time, how do you think you’re gonna be received?

It’s not a good ole boys club at all. I think there are more bad opinions on here than good, and others think I have more bad opinions than good, but for the most part people are willing to discuss them without calling someone an as**ole if they’re challenged.

Estar and I fundamentally agree on plenty, but we also have found we agree on a lot too. Same with Insane Dawg. That’s the value of this board, if you come here looking to contribute to discussion, you’ll find the best community on the internet to discuss Butler Hoops.

16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    Disagree* on plenty ;) And for the record, I had lots of problems with dawgs2014 but we managed to have a productive and non confrontational actual real chat DM to DM and figured things out like adults of where we come from and why we think and support our idea the way we do.

pappyball and ButlerNut like this.
  17. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

When did you become an adult? Hahaha...... Bit self righteous aren't we? You self proclaimed elites always have problems with others voicing their opinions. Especially if they are different from your own. You deflect by bashing on the individual rather than the content that they are using. Estar20 go talk to a wall. Hahahahaha

Hank Kimball and Daddysmack like this.
  18. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Hang in there bud....... they don't like anyone who is different or voices truth. They want to believe that Lavall is a good coach and there is no problem at Butler. We are only 9th out of 10 in the big east. No problems at all we got the conference right where we want them! Hahaha

Hank Kimball likes this.
  19. rperk

rperk Member

Money:
    $85
    Like I said earlier I'm not here to trash Butler basketball. I think most of us in the heat of a horrible game which there have been plenty say things without a lot of thought. Your first encounter with me was pretty much telling me to find another team to cheer for. All because I was pissed off during a where Nate was dropping balls missing layups not rebounding so my comment was Nate sucks and the majority of the games he did suck. I think he is a good kid and will do well in life. I don't get into all the analysis of stats for the most part and I leave that to the rest of you and I enjoy reading it. So occasionally I might have an opinion and if you don't agree with it that's fine and I will respect your opinion of mine as long as it's respectful. I likely won't have the contributions that the rest of you have, but don't question my loyalty to this university and basketball program. I take losses very painful and my wife and family can attest to it. So I'm calling for a truce and move forward

WMUDog and Trumpforpresident2020 like this.
  20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Disagree. Yes. My proofreading is like our 3 point shooting.