Butler Bulldogs (16-15) vs. Providence Friars (17-14) - 3/13

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $714
    This series has not been pretty so far this season. Okay, not much has been pretty as of late but Butler is still four wins away from the NCAA Tournament! (joking, but it's true).

Due to the fact that this is the final week before Selection Sunday, I am pretty busy covering a lot of teams so I only put together an article detailing keys for Butler across the entire event. Even if Butler wins against PC (or beyond), this will probably be my only Butler-centric preview until the final (if they somehow get there): https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/03...s-to-success-in-the-2019-big-east-tournament/

I also put together a full preview of the BET in case anyone is interested in that: https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/03...-tournament-marquette-villanova-headline-msg/

kmacker69 and pappyball like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    This is probably the end of the season tonight and thus I’d like to see the Dawgs come out from the tip with a trapping press for at least the first five clock minutes then fall into a collapsing two three zone. Start with PJ, KB, David, AT and McD. Let’s see what happens. If Providence hits threes it will be over quickly. If not we could set them back on their heels. Playing straight up like the last two games against them won’t get it done because of their size and athleticism. They can kill us on the boards but we may be able to even it out with forcing turnovers.

Daddysmack likes this.
  3. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $110
    Butler 84 providence 78 shots falls tonight providence makes a late run but free throws separate us down the stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Daddysmack likes this.
  4. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $110
    I bet Nate Fowler finishes with 4 points 1 rebounds and 1 missed wide open layup. If I had to guess

5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,393
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph! I’ll bet everyone misses an open layup tonight. Happens every game. Not just Nate.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $991
    Butler 72
    Providence 60

7. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,947
    Let’s make a bet. If Nate finishes with 1 *rebounds* I’ll never post again. If he doesn’t finish with one *rebounds* you never post again.

pappyball and pjohnsto2003 like this.
  8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,790
    Me (15 minutes ago): I still have a slight hope that Butler can go on a run this week.
    Me (after seeing Danville's prediction):
    [​IMG]

Shimmy, ButlerNut, DawgsMD and 8 others like this.
  9. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Member

Money:
    $87
    Nate would rather be reading comic books with Campbell Donovan on the bench. He checked out along time ago. I think Nate is actually happy basketball is coming to an end for him.

jkcdawgs and HinkleMagic319 like this.
  10. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Member

Money:
    $87
    Time to take your medicine and lay down. Butler going on a run is as likely as Lavall being named College basketball coach of the year.

11. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $179
    So your saying there is a chance.

12. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $110
    best post I’ve seen in awhile man. Finally someone sees he’s not that good

13. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $110
    Deal. He has to also get at least 4 points for the bet to count

14. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Anyone else surprised that Lavall didn't win big east coach of the year shocker !!

tedfrye likes this.
  15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,680
    Providence -1.5...was butler -1.

As I said the other day I'm happy with just some real commitment and effort. I didn't get my wish then. Hopefully tonight I will.

mwall787 likes this.
  16. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $748
    I just want the team to show something in NY. I'm sure we all recognize with need a small miracle to run the table, but maybe show a little something to provide some hope or something to look forward to. A couple of strong showings, even in a loss, would go a long way to instill some confidence going into next year, especially from some of the guys who the team will be dependent on next year. Oh, and LJ, if the team comes out flat and sluggish tonight, PLEASE put in some of the younger guys (Free Golden since you burned his RS year)!

17. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $14
    The Season Finale of "Where's My Liquor?!?" I mean the Butler MBB season.

Providence 78
    Butler 73 OT

This game mirrors the home game against X except Kobe Baldwin doesn't hit the same crap shots to keep the lead. Providence gets some timely shots to force OT and take it from there

18. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,282
    For real. I think David Woods has been wrong about a lot of stuff this year, but his insistence that this group needs more time together to prepare for 19-20 is spot on if the team shows up, plays hard, etc. If they're just going to phone it in, it does nothing other than plant seeds of doubt.

pappyball likes this.
  19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,801
    I've been a Cubs fan for 53 years. I know what frustration feels like. Is this roster capable of winning games in the BE tournament? Yes. Is this roster capable of winning ANY games with it's predictable offense? No.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,947
    What about our offense do you view as predictable?