Butler Bulldogs (16-15) vs. Providence Friars (17-14) - 3/13

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,115
    Truth

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

schoops and IndyDawgs like this.
  2. dippper61

dippper61 Member

Money:
    $133
    It was nice though to see us not sub 2 minutes into the game. We actually didn’t sub until after the first media timeout. And what do you know the players on the court built a lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. pappyball

pappyball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $669
    He said that Butler was going to win a NCAA championship and that Hayward/Mack/Stevens were the reason why?

4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,115
    All I remember is he changed his handle to Title_2011 very early on. Then when they went on the 2010 run he dropped the 2011 part. I can at least vouch for that. I believe the old Yuku board is archived. Not sure how far back.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

butlerdude05 and IndyDawgs like this.
  5. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $654
    You’re.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. Tentozen

Money:
    $654
    Could you say hahaha hahaha a few more times in each of your posts. It really lends a lot to the discussion.

DawgFan likes this.
  7. Tentozen

Money:
    $654
    Agree, started seeing this about 4 years ago, and it just gets worse each year. And when your team isn’t doing well makes it unbearable.

8. Tentozen

Money:
    $654
    Cubs are going to be fine.

9. IndyDawgs

IndyDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $449
    I’ve debated/discussed/disagreed with both of you a fair amount on Butler basketball the past 10+ years but on this one I agree.

Title hyped the 2008 recruiting class before most of us even knew the kids’ names and said Hayward and Mack had pro potential and that they were good enough to take Butler to the Final 4/National Championship.

willisbrown and pappyball like this.
  10. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Active Member

Money:
    $210
    I also believe you said the 2017-2018 team was a borderline NIT team. Also, the year before the the team would finish 9-9 in conference and get a nine seed in the NCAA tournament. You also laughed at my comment that Butler has a chance of landing Brunk. Oh, and 2014/2015, you said Butler would finish last in the BE when they finished second? Should I continue? I have a mountain of your wrong predictions.

Don’t feed or encourage this guy. Seriously. He is overjoyed at this season and Butler losing and he is finally right about something.

Don’t call me a Pollyanna either before you think about it. I really don’t like LJ’s coaching style and the way this season went, but it’s over. Move on, and don’t support this guy.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,267
    Tis true. As much As some despise his takes he was on that 2008 class heavily and changed his handle to reflect it. The thiughts. Hate all you want but he was right then. Hell he's more accurate than most of you true believer butler is perfect types.

IndyDawgs likes this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,267
    2017-2018 was borderline nit...

13. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $111
    What a **** season. I don’t think we ever established roles. Hard to do when you sub right off the jump. I think I got one more season of Lavall. I want to see serious improvement from the coach and players. I wouldn’t mind at all seeing all the assistants fired. Hopefully Battle can come in and get buckets

tedfrye likes this.
  14. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $725
    St John's 82 - DePaul 74. So, you can win the 3rd game (and not get steamrolled, to boot) when you've lost the first two times you've met. What do you know?

15. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $407
    That's not what I am disputing. I wrote no one predicted that GH and Mack would be NBA players before the start of their Freshman season and Title said he did.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  16. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $407
    His predictions for the team wasn't what we were disputing. Title claimed he predicted GH and Mack would be in the NBA before the start of their freshman year. That's what I doubted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I’ve heard other intelligent people say the same thing

18. HinkleMagic319

HinkleMagic319 Member

Money:
    $111
    Watcg Kamars freshmen or sophomore highlights compared to this year- he’s way more explosive. Strength to me is overrated in basketball unless your a center. Strength sometimes just gets u a foul or block call instead of charge. Just my thoughts on it

19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Yes, Crone, the guy who schedules the hotels, planes and meals should be fired. That’s what this program needs to turn it around. I come here for good ideas and at long last I have one.

20. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Besides Brunk and Tucker he had the best offer list of anyone we have. Multiple teams in the ACC, Big East a Pac 12, Big 12 and Big 10 team all came calling so unless you feel you’re a high major talent evaluator, it’s a little hard to criticize the process with any material reasoning.