Butler Bulldogs (16-15) vs. Providence Friars (17-14) - 3/13

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Mar 13, 2019.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I actually totally agree with you. We’ve played these guys 3 times in 2 weeks, the scouting report, the play style, the plays should all be second nature.

The more you play the same team in a short time frame the less important I think coaching is and more important basketball iq is we are having a very difficult time making any sort of progress at all from game to game.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Butler_Boatdawgs456

Butler_Boatdawgs456 Member

Money:
    $87
    Looks like someone who never bounced back from the ACL in my opinion. Lost the half step he probably had and that was enough to bring his confidence down and how we ended up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. ThePioneerLeague

ThePioneerLeague Active Member

Money:
    $387
    I thought that he looked slow in a bunch of games this year. Didn't think of the connection to weight/strength gain, that's interesting. Almost seemed to me that he was more sluggish than anything, because he was juiced in the home Xavier game and was running around 134829749 miles per hour.

4. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    This reminds me of the text that said if we played with the intensity displayed at the X game, "the sky's the limit." Exuberance in the moment taking over. And it wasn't like Villanova played exceptionally well. I don't think it's going to be a stellar NCAAT for the BE.

5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    How did the sunshiners spin this one?

We've seen the same problems from Butler for half the season, and nothing has improved. I'm glad this one is finally over.

willisbrown likes this.
  6. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $207
    Just reported on Sports Center...Emerson Kampen is taking the Head Coaching position at St. Luke elementary school on the north side of Indianapolis. Jeff Meyer is reported to be going along as Kampen's number one assistant. Principal, Sister Ann Rose locked Kampen down to a long term five year contract that included an extra fifteen minutes of recess each day and an extra container of milk for both him and Meyer. Kampen was quoted as saying, "I'll miss Butler, but I intend to create a CYO basketball dynasty at St. Luke's the likes that will dwarf what UCLA did back in the 60's and 70's. The baseball pass will definitely be part of our new offensive arsenal."

Trumpforpresident2020 likes this.
  7. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    Perhaps the saddest part of this post is that you thought it was funny.

godogs91, Tentozen, pappyball and 9 others like this.
  8. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,710
    Ha Ha! (That's scarcasm font since your new around here.) Contribute something besides berating or piss off... I surely hope you have something else in your life. Kampen should be safe here as long as he wants to be....

9. Hank Kimball

Money:
    $207
    What kind of soup did you have today?

10. kmacker69

Money:
    $3,710
    Homemade Boston butt, veggies and 15 bean... Watched the last Prowler taxi out and flyover to head the Smithsonian also, instead of fishing on my boat. Dinner is Creole Grouper, if you were wondering with grilled asparagus and brussel sprouts. Now that we got that out of the way, what else ya got besides trolling people.

(Oh yeah, the Prowler is the EA-6B an electronic attack jet that I spent 20 years in the USMC working on. Last squadron stood down last week after 44 years of service to this nation. In case anyone was actually interested.)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  11. Hank Kimball

Money:
    $207
    Yummy! Not really interested.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  12. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

It really was funny though...... hahahahahahaha
    It's even more funny that you don't find it funny! Hahahaha

13. Trumpforpresident2020

Holtman probably will be safe since he will make the tourney two years in a row!

14. Trumpforpresident2020

You actually ate soup? That sucks! Thank you for your service though!

15. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I didn't find that post particularly funny, but I don't think it's any secret that Butler could withstand to improve their assistant coaching staff, Kampen included.

bmradio99 likes this.
  16. kmacker69

Money:
    $3,710
    Not to worry, its hearty and it was pretty damn good or I wouldn't make it... YW for the last part...

Trumpforpresident2020 likes this.
  17. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    Well, that was a game—and indeed a season—that
    Dude... you're like, two different people when you post. Most times you barf up insulting and confrontational garbage. But then sometimes you write posts that--right or wrong--are pretty well thought out and potentially add something to this forum.

Why don't you drop the confrontational sh!t (including your avatar and user name*) and be a positive instead of a negative?

*Some people love Trump, some people hate Trump, but most would agree he is outspoken and confrontational. A sports forum is gonna have enough disagreements by its very nature. There's no need to cause even more controversy with a deliberately provocative user name.

PSUButlerFan and dawgs2014 like this.