Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,012
    pappyball likes this.
  4. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $584
    7.5 point underdogs? Wow, more than I would have thought. Certainly underscores that Vegas pays attention to everything.

pappyball likes this.
  5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I'm pretty shocked Butler even made the NIT.

Happy for guys like Jorgensen and Fowler to be able to play at least one more college basketball game.

Excited to see some of our younger guys gain experience in a "tournament" setting--even if it's not the real thing or near the same stage.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  6. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    Not confident about this one at all. I only want them to win so we don't have a losing record on the year.

#60, IndyDawgs, pappyball and 2 others like this.
  7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,263
    they have only 6 scholarship players but Palmer and Roby are tough match ups... if we play a lineup w 3 guards idk how we match up?

I don't think the rule changes will affect the game much bc the NIT didn't go full FIBA. So if anything, it might work against us slightly?

@Jared Grubbs could you create a general NIT 2019 thread and a general NCAAT general thread? I would do it, but I can't seem to get a bracket image to appear :mad:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    pappyball likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,717
    Their team stats are very similar to ours including wins and losses. Nebraska only goes six deep but this being an away game for Butler 7.5 points is more than good. Don’t see a win but would like to see intensity for forty minutes.

pappyball likes this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,717
    On Feb 20 McD scored 27 points on 8-13 and 4-5 from three plus 8 rebounds. I thought he had taken his game to an entirely different level. Since then in five games he is 2-18 for a total of 18 points. Hope he gets his game back Wednesday .

Shimmy, ButlerNut, pappyball and 2 others like this.
  10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,189
    Had this same conversation last night. Was at the Marquette game and Sean was a beast. Have wondered if he’s had a slight nagging injury since then—he was absolutely sacrificing his body that night. Remember the Kellen slump? Maybe Sean is having one but ran out of games to come out of it—and now gets a chance to do so.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    Body language will be interesting. Could be a national tv audition for a couple. I'm not too confident on one hand, in our ability to "turn it back on" since it's been in cruise control for weeks. But, then again, they could have thought what many of us did...ho hum, season over, let's take some time to reset-then bam, they're in, and they come out fired up in this one. I'm wagering and leaning Nebraska but I'd love to see some early season fire out of these guys.

For as bad as we were, we beat three very good teams all tournament bound. I wish THAT team would show up.

Shimmy, pappyball and BU_NeonHat like this.
  12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,203
    Cal-Irvine was Butler's best overall game of the year. Granted UCI is a mid=major, but thsy still won thirty games. It would be nice if that team showed up on Wednesday
    in Lincoln.

13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    The team that beat Irvine is I think that so many people are frustrated with this season. That team that ran out of the Butler locker rooms that night was tough both mentally and physically and unquestionably a tournament team. Somewhere on that roster is a good team, but they had trouble bringing it night in and night out. That’s valid cause for frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    I know Butler played well against UC-Irvine but I think the Anteaters likely played one of their poorest games of the season that night.

pappyball and UDDawg like this.
  15. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $209
    When in NYC for A10 and Big East Tourney’s, one of my friends came up with a concept for the NIT that transfers can play in the tournament. Seemed like a great idea for more fans to take an interest. Season is over so why not? Thoughts?

dawgs2014 and pappyball like this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
  17. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $414
    Won't surprise you that game was Butler's best adjusted defensive efficiency by far all season (78.4)! Our starting lineup was AT, KB, PJ, McD, Fowler. CD gave 10 mins, Brunk 17, JT 14, and HB 13. I wonder if we had just stuck with this and not changed it up after the two losses that followed where we'd be now? I realise we cycled back to this lineup but the damage was done and they never established themselves as a unit. (also didn't hurt we shot 50% from three against Irvine, another trend some have picked up on where our defensive effort seems to match how we play offensively, not vice versa).

pappyball likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,717
    Yes it was against Marquette. McD was everywhere in that game. Not sure why he fell off so far after that game.

pappyball likes this.
  19. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Member

Money:
    $186
    I was at the UC Irvine game. That was Butler’s absolute peak. I was fortunate enough to meet up with a board admin from this site and talk about the team. We were incredibly pleased. I left that game being very optimistic about the Big East season. So frustrating because the very next game was Florida. From one extreme to the other.

BulldogsFTW, pappyball and Tentozen like this.
  20. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $192
    Just some random comments. Most thought the Huskers would have a sound starting five before the season and thought they would finish in the upper third or so of the Big. Losing Copeland (previous Georgetown player) doesn't help them because the word on them at the start of the season was sound starters...no bench. Miles their coach is fighting for his life and may have saved his job my winning a couple in the Big Tourney. Rumors say Fred Hoiberg is being sought.
    You will see some man ...and I seem to recall a 2-3 matchup as well. never paid enough attention to them to know if it rotated on makes and such? I think maybe I saw a 1-3-1 at times as well...course Lavall being at Michigan years has a lot of experience against a 1-3-1. The Huskers have 3 scorers. Watson, who Purdue recruited for a while is capable of going off for 20. He had a bad stretch and then got it together again in the tourney. He will probably match up with Baldwin...both quick...would say Watson is a bit more sporatic in his movement.

Palmer maybe 6'6" is their better offensive player. He is a transfer from Miami. Can shoot on the perimeter, but bread and butter is using his length and ball handling to get to the rim. He will be the one that carries them generally..even though Roby and Watson have their moments. Palmer is not quick, but lanky and able to get to the rim. The ball will be mostly in his hands and some with Watson. Roby the third head of their offense doesn't handle it as much. Roby 6'8" maybe is the best athlete. He doesn't really know how good he could be...don't tell him. Keep Roby off the boards and contain Palmers dribble out of the lane and Butler wins...course as I said Watson can get it going on the perimeter and driving the ball...streaky player.

Another guard that gave them some good minutes was Trueblood. Seemed heady, could shoot off the catch adn scrappy. The other player that will hit the boards is about 6'8" as well and beefy ...Borchardt. Just gives them some possessions and a few garbage baskets. Generally, the scoring is from the three I mentioned. Baldwin will be fine. I give the inside to Butler as far as skill and size at the post. Can Butler keep Palmer outside the lane? Good luck!

bmradio99, DawgPoundMac and pappyball like this.