Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (16-16) vs Nebraska Cornhuskers (18-16) - NIT Opening Round

Jared Grubbs, Mar 18, 2019

Settled
  1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,713
    These same three plays stick out in my mind as well. Tucker not blocking out on a free throw led to a loss earlier this season. McD not blocking out a shooter is emblematic of the entire team. A walk on knows to follow his miss. Does anyone on our team follow his miss? No.

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,006
    AT getting that bucket at the very end have him 11 pts to go along with 12 assists.

Has to be his first double/double, no?

ButlerNut likes this.
  3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    That's correct. First double-double.

bumba likes this.
  4. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $612
    Thompson can be really great at getting to the basket and scoring. Unfortunately he only seems to really turn on the offense when the game has already turned into a ****show. He needs to penetrate early and often and look for his own baskets as well as distribution.

That being said, if anyone on the team would penetrate more we’d be better off than settling for contested 3’s late in the shot clock or shot clock violations

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,199
    Thompson's play was a positive, 12 points and 11 assists from the point guard I'd take that anytime. Did you notice he has also become more vocal on the court? As far as
    everything else is concerned following shots, blocking out, getting to the free throw line that will entail a lot of coaching, correction, and repetition in the off season. Oh by
    the way recruit, recruit, and recruit some more.

#60 and jkcdawgs like this.
  6. tjreese

tjreese Active Member

Money:
    $187
    could be...don't know what his role is?

7. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $329
    Is it just me or does this team often make fundamentally bad passes? So many are high arching and slow. Seems like something that could easily be worked on and corrected.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $329
    I find it amazing that if you followed the game by reading the board that you would have no idea that we went from 12 down to 1 down with plenty of time to win. In the midst of this comeback almost all the posts were so negative that I can't believe anyone was even bothering to watch the game. The fans gave up, the team did not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgFan, Shimmy, joliebeth23 and 4 others like this.
  9. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    Thompson played great I thought tucker did also. McDermott played well but had a few bonehead plays. If your gonna play ten guys use it to your advantage and press or trap in a zone don’t just sub to sub it gets guys out of their rhythm! I think we have some recruiting to do but I disagree with those saying Thompson is the problem if he continues to play how he has been past two games. Next season with Nze and golden and battle for a scoring punch might relieve some pressure of Thompson and Baldwin to defend. Hopefully NZE protects the rim we don’t have one of those. Gonna be a long summer, Go dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.
  10. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Wouldn’t want anyone to transfer but wouldn’t mind baddley moving on

11. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $168
    On one game...ok. You’re a joke.

12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    I thought last night was one of Tucker's better games lately...really since about gtown. He was looking to attack more and I even saw him play a little D last night. It's encouraging, even if Lavall wants to hold him down. He showed out pretty well.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    I think that he and Butler are prime candidates, and I hate to say it but I could see Baldwin being swayed by another power conference program who is in much better shapes and projects to have a stronger 2019-2020. He has one last shot, I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere to take it. I'd hate it, but I wouldn't blame the kid. I wouldn't want to spend my senior year in the big east basement.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,713
    Blocking out and following your shot should be learned before coming to college but maybe that isn’t taught anymore. The game is so fundamentally different now that maybe those things aren’t emphasized. It’seems to be all about throwing it up and hoping good things happen or dunks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  15. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Yeah I think there are people who think next year will be exactly the same and there are people who think next year will be a great year for us. I think it just comes down to what Baldwin thinks. One thing I’ll give Lavall is seems to have great relationship with players. But I see where u are coming from I see both sides

16. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    Baddely and Butler (the player) are as good as gone IMO. I could be shocked but I have to think two of the wings are gone. Those two fit the bill, the game just moves to fast for them at this level and I could see them looking to finish strongly at a lower D-1 level where they can make an impact. I had high hopes for Baddely and David, just haven't seen much of either, I think though David will stay but Baddely could explore the waters.

bumba likes this.
  18. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Oh yeah I agree I think baddley should finish at a lower college level where he can contribute. CD I would say has more potential than Baddley

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    CD seems to have tons of potential but also just seems so nervous when the ball gets near him. He fumbles a lot, can't secure the orange and surely has forgotten his shot. But when you watch him away from the ball it strikes you like there is something there, I keep waiting for it to shine. Just hasn't happened.

cornette33 and Hinkle Nation like this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,151
    Cause he was beaten down like a rented mule for a year and half while watching everyone else make errors and get to stay in the game, all the while coming back from a serious knee injury. I'll say it every time, I've never seen a player's career more mismanaged then CD. If he was a RS freshman right now, we'd all be like hmm well he looks like he's going to be a pretty good player. Instead, people on here are like drive him out, all the while, metrically he was arguably in the top 3 most important pieces Butler had this year.