Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (16-16) vs Nebraska Cornhuskers (18-16) - NIT Opening Round

Jared Grubbs, Mar 18, 2019

Settled
  1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    I thought CD was one of the very few, if not the only one , that improved this year and appeared to be fully committed on the floor. He struggled with his shot but it’s not broken. Practice and repetition will go a long way to get him confident in his shot.

schoops, BU_NeonHat and cornette33 like this.
  2. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $15
    Yeah, because a fans positive outlook while watching on tv has impact on the game. How many times do you have to watch a game like last night unfold before you know how it is going to end?

Sorry that it bothers you that fans dont stay all rah rah when the same things happen that occurred in a majority of our losses. I was still watching and hoping that we would make winning plays at the end, but wasnt suprised we didnt win. I guess I'm not a true fan because I am not denying the reality that was unfolding during the game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

willisbrown likes this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    The past doesn’t predict the future.

If it did we would be in the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

jeff likes this.
  4. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    I just can’t believe how many people actually believe we’re going to be bad next year.

We had a chance of finishing fourth in the Big East this year until the last two days of the season (after losing basically every close game) and short of losing Baldwin, there’s no way we’re worse next year. It’s so illogical.

jeff and BU_NeonHat like this.
  5. pharmtard09

Money:
    $15
    How does 16-16 make the tournament? I was just talking about this current season. There are enough losses that played out exactly like last night. Once we lost the lead and got down 3 possessions we would have had to make plays we rarely made this season to come back and win and not just make it close. We were great at "too little too late" this year.

6. pharmtard09

Money:
    $15
    How many McDonald's all Americans are coming in next year? That's what it will take to win with Jordan and staff's offense and lack of coaching accumen.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,317
    Since Nova is the only university in the BE to get any McDonald's All-Americans, should BU suspend the basketball program?

Insane Dawg and DawgsMD like this.
  8. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $179
    Would a 4th place finish really make the past season that much better? I think we all can step away from our bias enough to realize that winning 1 or 2 of the final games to close the regular season wouldn't really change that the team's performance wasn't very good, even if we did manage to stumble our way onto the weak bubble for a soft season.

I am concerned for next year for several reasons. Could we turn it around? Maybe. This past season showed us a lot of deficiencies that need to be addressed by both the team and the coaching staff.

9. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    We don’t need any All Americans. We need to not lose a disproportionate number of close games. If we scored 2-3 more points in the PC, St. John’s, Xavier, Seton Hall and IU game we easily make the tourney and finish third with a worse roster than we will have next year.

We’ve made the tournament in past years, and didn’t this year so we have proof that the past doesn’t predict the future.

Since we have proof the past doesn’t predict the future, it is illogical to say that we knew how that game would turn out. Saying you knew ahead of time is simply confirmation bias and not at all any sort of statement of substance.

jeff likes this.
  10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,013
    Jesus Christ...

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    Back to the title of this thread-

Johnny Trueblood a 6’3” walk on played 31 minutes last night and gathered 7 rebounds. Golden, Fowler and Brunk all full scholarship highly recruited players played 40 minutes and combined gathered 6 rebounds.

Three 6’ 10” guys couldn’t get as many rebounds than a 6’3” walk on. Difference was not hops, talent or experience. The difference could only have been desire.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  12. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $327
    Who said anything about the message board having an impact on the game?
    To me it seemed like *****ing about the team while they were making a comeback was like rooting for them to lose. Yeah this year we sucked and had a propensity for blowing close games but the jumping off the band wagon as soon as we get behind has been going on for years, even when we regularly came from behind and closed out games.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $327
    I don't understand why Baddley would want to finish at a lower level. I imagine he is not going to play professionally so at this point wouldn't he want to complete his senior year at Butler rather than go to a new school where he couldn't play next year anyway? The only scenario where I see it making sense would be if he wanted to go to graduate school and another program was willing to give him two years of scholarship for one year of play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    No you’re totally right that it wouldn’t actually make it any better except like maybe 3 more shots would have gone in at opportune times but the sentiment around here would be way, way different.

I bet we’d be very worried about the Michigan job opening.

DawgsMD likes this.
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
    Guess we'll see next year when this neverending Fouler debate goes away thank goodness.

16. bwesson15

bwesson15 Active Member

Haha you have a point the debate will never end. We will be talking about Nate on here in 20 years, but on a serious note. I hope Bryce gets alot better on defense next year I really like him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba likes this.
  17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
    Agree, I like Golden's game for what little he had the opportunity to show this year. They're both underclassmen so let's hope they keep improving over the summer.

bwesson15 likes this.
  18. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,663
    Does anybody laugh at the aspect of Golden recovering fully and draining multiple threes in a game, the phrase that would be going though the minds of those watching but fearful of saying it?

Golden showers

To quote Dr Marvin Scott, “That’s right - I said it!”

19. Clevedog

Clevedog Active Member

Money:
    $284
    No, but if things are as bad or the same next year as this year, perhaps we need to rethink about being in the Big East, is it really a good fit?

20. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,043
    Butler will never leave the Big East, that one is on Danko and he convinced Collier who bought into it hook, line, and sinker. For better or worse Butler is stuck in the Big East.