Butler Bulldogs 16-4 (4-3) at Georgetown Hoyas 12-8 (2-5), 1/28, 9PM Eastern

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    Ehh... I'm not even an "old guy", but I think there's a way to promote more school spirit than turning around and flipping someone off.

That's not really what our program or fans are about.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  2. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,012
    Cigarboy was indeed a Wright State fan.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,149
    Woah. Your post may have just made me uncover something kinda important here. -your observation regarding his seemingly personal disappointment made me think about what could possibly cause this? Is it subjective or is it possible he could be upset GT lost?

Then I remembered Nelson played for the magic, Ewing was an assistant coach for the Magic. Did they overlap?

Sure enough, for 5 seasons Ewing was Nelson’s coach.

It’s very possible these guys have a personal relationship. Even as a professional, it’s very possible he DID want Ewing to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BUcheer and Tentozen like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,919
    Then one supposes you don’t clutch pearls

5. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    Cigar Boy was definitely a WSU fan. I tended to think he was a bit pompous and had an inflated value of self-worth, but, as I recall, he was generally harmless and bu97 and KW76 seemed to like him. Not sure how he ended up in Nebraska, but he got into politics there. Sometime during the course of this board, it was brought out that his political career ended in rather inglorious fashion. You know it’s not going well when you have your pastor or clergyman next to you when you announce you are resigning your public office. No idea what he’s doing now.

I never considered him a troll. Not even close.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,112
    Dude was definitely not a troll. He just liked talking about himself and often took the board to off topic discussions. I didn’t mind the guy, though. He was pretty funny and provided some off season entertainment.

His political career certainly crashed and burned in embarrassing fashion. It can be googled for those not in the know.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,358
    BoyGeoff likes this.
  8. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $534
    What is his name? I can't recall.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,358
  10. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    my post did not in anyway conflict with your post; I am referring to the site as a whole; in fact you essentially said the exact same thing I did by acknowledging what stands out about this site and what does not

11. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $877
    I am not worried about respect right now. I think we got a huge dose of respect with our #1 seed projection and our #5 ranking. A silly comment by one announcer after a half of bad basketball (granted, close to a 3 game losing streak) is not going to diminish that. I think we are in a position now that if we get back to our winning ways our due respect will follow.