Butler Bulldogs (17-5, 5-4) vs. Villanova (17-4, 7-2) - 2/5

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,299
    Where did the Villanova thread go? I have no idea. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to restore it. For now continue the discussion on this new thread and if by some miracle I discover how to fix it I will merge the two.

2. Brett

Brett Member

Money:
    $122
    This was a must win game. Villanova has a fantastic offense and the way the refs were calling fouls on Butler it
    made guarding them extremely difficult. Considering their shooting percentages and low turnovers, it was
    amazing that Butler won. What was the biggest plus was the great ball movement and the aggressive
    play of Nze, Golden and McDermott. I love to see Sean attach the basket or pull up for mid range
    jumpers. Hope he and Golden have the green light for the rest of the season. It was great to see
    Nze and Golden playing with such confidence. Cannot say how valuable was Aaron Thompon's return.
    It was great to see him go to the basket. Overall, this was by far the best offensive game for Butler
    this year.

Tentozen, BoyGeoff, bwesson15 and 4 others like this.
  3. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $380
    I was reading through the thread and was maybe 40% through it. I liked someone's post and got an error message. When I backed out to the higher page in the hierarchy, it was gone.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,509
    The dems impeached it.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    Then how come it's gone?

shoeevv, fdr, BulldogsFTW and 20 others like this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    Waiting on its trial?

Good follow up to that. I giggled.

IndieDawg and BoyGeoff like this.
  7. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $380
    I agree with Brett. Butler played at a high level offensively tonight. Great games from Golden, Nze, and McDermott. Big shot by Baldwin to win it. Thompson holds it all together. I was way more impressed with Villanova tonight than I was in the first game when they won by 18 I think. Villanova played really well just to hang in.

Tentozen likes this.
  8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    I'm sure I'm going to get at least a few unhappy emails/messages upset because I made a political joke, even though it was in no way meant to represent any political views one way or another, but it was low hanging fruit and I couldn't pass it up. And what would be one of the most popular threads of the season has seemingly been deleted, so it's going to be a rough stretch on the complaints department anyways.

#60, znelson15, WMUDog and 11 others like this.
  9. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $726
    Did you have the guys who designed the democrat Iowa caucus app make any adjustments to your website?

shoeevv, BulldogsFTW, WMUDog and 11 others like this.
  10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    I saw what they got paid. Out of my price range.

11. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $726
    I haven't seen the final numbers on the game, but being at the game it seems Villanova's numbers were pretty insane. How many turnovers did they have? Did they hit their last five 3's? Great game and amazing to win against a very good team who brought their A game.

TheDawgDub95 and Tentozen like this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    They only had 2 turnovers. They shot 52% from deep. 47% overall. Their O rating was higher than ours.

And we won. Nova played very well. We just played great.

13. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $726
    Jared, I tried to log in to be a VIP member but I was only able to access paypal and I do not have an account. Is there a way to pay by credit card, or does paypal do that?

14. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,319
    At least many of you had already read most of the thread. I never get to the game thread until after the game is over so I'm a little cranky that I didn't get to read it. Ah well, not your fault, Jared.

2xDawg likes this.
  15. WAJC77

WAJC77 Active Member

Money:
    $249
    For once I didn't follow the thread as I was watching the game... sure was looking forward to going back and reading everyone's reax ...life's a b**ch sometimes :) Was there a lot of gnashing of the teeth over "Hero ball" ? lol

16. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,298
    Weird about the other thread disappearing. Oh well. I just came here to post that I'm drinking victory bourbon and it's fantastic. LFG dawgs.

Tark43, willisbrown and jeff like this.
  17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    It probably is though. If it was anyone else that deleted it I could probably have recovered it. Anything I delete is permanent. Since it seems no other threads were impacted and there are still recent posts in them, I can only assume I accidentally messed something up. I wasn't trying to delete anything at all though, so I'm not sure how.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    I appreciate the support. On the first paypal screen you come to it should have an option that says pays with credit card. No paypal account required.

19. Brett

Brett Member

Money:
    $122
    Just a comment on being short handed at point guard, especially when Aaron has fouls or is hurt. I have been following Myles Tate this year and have
    watched a lot of the videos from Dorman HS games. They are ranked #1 in South Carolina and could make in four in a row as state champs. They have also
    been ranked as high as #3 in the country. I think he will be the next Kamar Baldwin. His defense , maybe not, but shooting and passing are off the charts.
    We will need him because we lose a whole lot when Baldwin and McDermott graduate. I would love to see this offense keep operating at this level. They really
    needed a morale booster tonight and they got it. Considering Villanova was playing incredibly well and had a lot of help from the refs, to be them in such a tight game
    should prepare them for the home stretch. GO DAWG!!!!

Tark43 and jeff like this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    Cheers to that mi amigo. I'm going with the clear with a splash of soda and a lime. Tastes better tonight, doesn't it?

bmradio99 likes this.