Butler Bulldogs 18-5 (6-4) vs. Marquette Golden Eagles (16-6, 6-4), 2/9, 12 PM Eastern

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    General thread for the Dawgs at Marquette this Sunday at Noon Eastern...

Until the thread magically disappears!

Dawgs coming off a last second win at home against Nova.

Marquette coming off a 4 point win at home against DePaul. Markus Howard had 31 in the game and appears to be 100%

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,747
    Sunday*

Got a good feeling about this one as long as AT doesn’t experience a setback after playing last night.

ButlerNut likes this.
  3. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,699
    If it's your thing, get to your religious place of worship early, then settle in for what will hopefully be another Dawgs W!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

UDDawg likes this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    Jimmy Swaggart here I come...

jeff likes this.
  5. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,544
    I wonder if Marquette will try to pressure AT? Nova played Thompson like he was healthy, sagged off considerably and forced him right... For the most part, when Kamar and Aaron were in the game, Kamar still brought the ball up and then deferred to Thompson to begin the half court offense (Kamar hero ball at the end excluded)...

6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,960
    Sunday is “National Marquette day” at Marquette. I don’t know what that is but I’d guess it’s a lot like a homecoming. All I know is a bunch of alum are going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    Thanks to all for catching the "Saturday" blunder in my post. I have changed it to Sunday.

8. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    Dawgs have exactly one win over a ranked opponent this season (last night against Nova). Hard to believe the team has risen as high as it has with no wins over ranked opponents before last night.

Before you all @ me...this is merely an observation. I don't need statheads telling me how SDSU hasn't beaten any ranked opponents. The Big East is a grind and every team could be ranked if they didn't beat each other every week.

9. godogs91

Money:
    $3,699
    Creighton is 21 AP/22 Coaches.

estar20dawg likes this.
  10. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Active Member

Money:
    $359
    10/18 Big East games completed. How do we all feel? Winning against Marquette and Georgetown without Thompson was quite amazing. I think most of us believe that if AT was healthy for the Providence game that Butler would have won (they should have won, regardless.) Playing @Marquette will be extremely tough. Butler needs a solid night of defending the 3pt line.

I know we are very fortunate by having our own podcast. I know you two are super busy but I have to ask Jared and Lukas: when is the next podcast?

jeff and DCDawg like this.
  11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,620
    Is Howard cleared to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerNut likes this.
  12. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Active Member

Money:
    $494
    I'm feeling confident for this game as long as AT plays. His presence will definitely help on the 3pt line against a team that can shoot lights out from distance. If AT is out, that Nova win carries us for another week in the Top 25.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,509
    I feel great. I expected this year to be similar to last year's record in the BE and here we are sitting with 6 wins already and the highest "NET" team in the conference. No one would have predicted that. Not even the most optimistic of the optimists.

I made this point last night-at 6-4 we can afford to slip a little and still get a very healthy seed in the dance. I don't want that obviously but even if we go 3-5 the rest of the way...we're still easily in. If simply play .500 ball, we finish 10-8 and are probably looking at a 5/6 line seed (which is fine and blows away expectations). Going into last night I had 4 games circles as wins and 5 as losses to put us at 9-9, which also is fine to get in. So you feel pretty good right now about the state of things. SJU, Gtown and DePaul all still at home. Xavier at home, at X and at Marquette are toss ups to me, grab just one and we are finishing with a winning record in the big east. That's strong.

nicklas_early likes this.
  14. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    Thanks for proving my point. When Butler played Creighton, Creighton was unranked. Hence, Butler has one win over a ranked opponent.

Appreciate you playing.

15. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,269
    He had 31 on Saturday against DePaul...so I am guessing he is...

pjohnsto2003 and ButlerGrad1111 like this.
  16. godogs91

Money:
    $3,699
    Dayton has zero.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    I'm guessing this is seen as mostly a pick, so, add in home court advantage and I bet the line comes out Marquette -2 or -3. Maybe a touch higher.

18. godogs91

Money:
    $3,699
    For reference, KenPom and Torvik both have Butler +2.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $7,509
    Nailed it. I'm as smart as a computer!!! You made my day.

ButlerNut likes this.
  20. godogs91

Money:
    $3,699
    I'll take a margarita and a cerveza, por favor!

willisbrown likes this.