Butler Bulldogs (18-6, 6-5 conf.) vs. Xavier (16-8, 5-6 conf.), February 12

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $384
    I think our ticket office needs to be more creative in how it sells tickets to the Xavier game. I'm embarrassed that Xavier can have that presence in Hinkle. First, the season ticket holders need to stop selling their tickets. Secondly, tickets to this game, which should always be an expected sellout, should only be available to season ticket holders, a package of several games, or individually at the box office. Stop making it easy for Xavier to buy up all the tickets!

Tentozen and iluvsnow like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,115
    Thompson, at least on TV, looked like his cobwebs were all out of sorts. I hope what LaVall is saying is sitraight up, that was quite the lick and my man looked pretty wrecked on the bench. Let's hope it was a "hell, we're up double digits and in control, I'm not messing with a head injury". Color me surprised he isn't being evaluated for a concussion. That was a nasty take to the dome and neck.

Denverdawg likes this.
  3. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,613
    McClung will come back and go 7 for 10 from 3. While Yurt7 grabs the three misses and is fouled by Campbell Donovan mysteriously on each putback dunk.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $749
    When Smits hit his first shot of the game, I noticed that he ran back on D without any sign of a limp and thought to myself that maybe we'll see a more fluid game from him. Then, the injury. I don't know when the knee issues began, but he's had them all season. It has to be a huge disappointment to get an opportunity to play at the highest level and not be physically capable of playing your best. That aside, what is painfully obvious injury or not, is that he will never go to his right, even when it is practically an open layup.
    When Thompson got up from the floor and was heading back to the bench, he was jiggling his jaw like he just took a knockout punch. Made me think he might have gone out for a second. I have not watched the game on tv yet so I have no idea what that hit looked like.
    Up 17 with 16 minutes to go and Thompson was taking charge of the game having just penetrated to the hoop for layups twice. At that point it was live by the 3 and die by the 3 and thankfully Tucker knocked down 2 (should have been 3 as it was at least halfway down). Those were huge shots. The final 6 minutes took forever as always; I thought we played tough D and handled the press well enough to win.
    On a personal note on the 5.5 line and Naji Marshall's ridiculous 3... Again, I have to watch it on replay, but live I thought he pushed his shoulder into Tucker with decent contact and then straightened up to launch his prayer. Thought that should have been an offensive foul. (maybe some wishful thinking on my part). A really solid game and win for Butler. Well done.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  5. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $467
    GTFO lol

6. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Active Member

Money:
    $263
    I love beating Xavier!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

butlerguy03, Shimmy, Tark43 and 3 others like this.
  7. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $352
    ButlerNut likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,318
    That is how fans at Baylor make money. They buy season tickets and resell them to Kansas, West Virginia, Texas Tech when they come to town. Not unusual for 60-70% of the arena to be filled with visitors. Otherwise their arena is half empty.

9. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,196
    If you've ever taken a hard shot to the throat, especially on the carotid, it will scramble your brain and cause a reset. Hit it hard and follow it with a second of pushing and the initial spasm will really cause issues up to passing out. Might be why he was dazed, but not in concussion protocol.

harvesting, Al_ and Tentozen like this.
  10. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,018
    And Scruggs has really gone downhill as well.

BU Fan in Illinois likes this.
  11. Tentozen

Money:
    $1,018
    I do know in our 5 Big East losses, he has averaged 7. He is definitely the key.

znelson15 likes this.
  12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,284
    This is utter nonsense.

I’m a season ticket holder who lives a couple hundred miles away. I use PTO to take half days and do full round trips to be able to see marquee weeknight games often returning home around 1 am, and then leave before 7 am on weekends to get to marquee early weekend games. I spend honeymoon money on season tickets and donations every year despite not yet being 30.

I had planned for months to go Marquette, Nova and Xavier, but ended up having to sell all of them because of weather the last two weeks and medical emergencies.

I make every effort I can to get to as many games as possible, but sometimes uncontrollables get in the way. If you want to criticize me for recouping a couple hundred dollars of my investment then you are a hypocrite, because you would do the EXACT same thing if you were in my shoes.

FWIW, the secondary market was garbage for the game yesterday. I got 1/3 of what I got for the Marquette game. It was the Butler fans who weren’t buying, not the Xavier fans who would buy at all costs.

13. BornADawg

BornADawg Active Member

Money:
    $119
    It’s not rocket science. The team lacks foot speed and doesn’t screen well so if you move the only person that can get his own shot or get open to the point, the offense will get stagnant. With KB at the point, the defense can easily switch or not switch at all and easily cover the other four players. Can’t do anything regarding the foot speed but they should be able to screen better off the ball.

14. Tentozen

Money:
    $1,018
    Looked to me it was more the neck than the head.

jarik and Hinkle like this.
  15. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,255
    As someone said, earlier, AT was adjusting his jaw as he was walking off the court.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,747
    Was Christian on the bench? I feel like I didn’t see him.

godogs91 likes this.
  17. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,859
    He was sitting next to the bench on the end line. Same spot Donovan sat right after his surgery. Good to see him back.

harvesting and knobcreekfan like this.
  18. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,747
    Thanks

godogs91 likes this.
  19. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $631
    I encourage anyone that does not want seats sold to the opposing team’s fans to go to the ticket office and to all the secondary market websites and buy up all the tickets. Then gift those tickets to a local youth group - scouts, churches, middle/high school, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Eric, harvesting, jeff and 1 other person like this.
  20. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Active Member

Money:
    $341
    Agreed. I'm also a season ticket holder, but have a friend with better seats who'll frequently drop them on me with just a few days' notice, so I put mine on the secondary market. And though some may not like the practice, I took perverse pleasure last night in looking up at my seats and watching an X fan suffer through the loss while his money rested comfortably in my pocket.

Shimmy, bwesson15, MIBulldog and 6 others like this.