Butler Bulldogs (18-6, 6-5 conf.) vs. Xavier (16-8, 5-6 conf.), February 12

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $502
    In the post game press conference that Lukas posted, Coach Jordan indicated they would receive updates from the "medical staff" for the AT and Smits injuries. Has anyone seen or heard anything yet?

2. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $502
    Related to the now four year feud (on here) related to KB's role in Butler basketball repeat after me...."Kamar Baldwin is not a point guard". He is shoved into that position as injuries or situations dictate (err...too many fouls on AT). To expect KB to run the team like AT is an expectation not based on his skill set. I am certain he doesn't even see the options that AT sees.

Having said that, I dread those game periods where KB runs the team for the many reasons that others have noted. The offense comes to a screeching halt under his stewardship. In those moments it becomes the screen for Kamar show at the top of the key. Fortunately, Coach Jordan was able to get some movement out of the offense following his time out and Xavier helped out with some timely TO's, offensive fouls and poor shot selection. Until next year, KB is the only option this team has behind AT unless you would like Tucker, McDermott or Baddley running the point. I am pretty sure that none of those options are somehow better than KB running the team.

After twenty-five games into the season, this team has demonstrated who they are; a collection of several strengths and glaring weaknesses. A group of young men attempting to get better at their craft each and every game. They generally play good team defense, they don't quite and that will help their cause come the NCAA tournament. Having said that, their limited skill set on the offensive end will always be the challenge they must overcome to succeed.

jarik, bwesson15, joliebeth23 and 3 others like this.
  3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,927
    There’s also a perfectly fine ticketing forum on this board where all of you guys can sell to BU fans :) Never sell to an opponent, especially a rival. It astonishes me how Butler fans don’t see the value in having a home court advantage. Aren’t BU grads supposed to be smart?

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,736
    It’s your money and I get that it’s easier to sell your tickets on the secondary market but I guarantee you the last thing the team wanted to hear last night was “let’s go x” ringing off the beams. And if I had to sit next to x fans you’d be hearing about it the next time you showed up. Get contact info from your neighbors and offer them the tickets first. Have done this in our area for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

jkcdawgs, godogs91 and seadawg like this.
  5. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,859
    Also, can't you sell or give them back to the ticket office? I seem to recall a friend getting tickets in our section for someone else that way. Not sure of the process.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 and jkcdawgs like this.
  6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,124
    I long for the days of Detroit's "Buck Futler" t-shirts.

UDDawg likes this.
  7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,343
    It seemed like beyond the usual opposing team's fans behind their bench (which is normal and expected), there was also a strong corner of Xavier fans. Not sure how they were able to get that many tickets concentrated in one particular area of Hinkle. Made them much louder.

8. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,609
    And yet Butler still had home court advantage, and still won.

2xDawg likes this.
  9. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $709
    Well, I'm not sure how or why a lack of foot speed is an excuse for not moving without the ball. You need motion, screens and back screens etc. to be successful (or more successful) on offense. You can't have a 4 guys standing around watching KB dribble. The results before and after the 11-0 run and timeout proved this. And you're right--there is no reason for any team not being able being able screen/pick effectively.

The fact is if we hadn't extended the lead by 8 in the first 3 mins of the half to 17 while AT was around, we could very well have pissed away this lead and game away like we did vs SH. Fortunately, LJ got the TO (maybe a possession or two late) and got the guys around KB moving and screening after that.

10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,124
    The BU-X rivalry remains alive and well. The students were well aware of all the hate last night to keep the fanning the flames.

Shimmy, BoyGeoff, bwesson15 and 3 others like this.
  11. Al_

Al_ New Member

Money:
    $20
    Don’t forget the cheer squad too. I thought we really brought it last night.

joliebeth23 and godogs91 like this.
  12. godogs91

Money:
    $3,859
    You absolutely did. Was a total team effort both on and off the court!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Al_ likes this.
  13. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $1,927
    I apologize for the couple F bombs last night coming from the Crow’s Nest. I agree though, the Dawg Pound was very much into the game. Happy to see it. Only if they were that good for every game....

joliebeth23 likes this.
  14. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $1,927
    Xavier is going to struggle next year, right? All of their dudes are seniors.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,115
    They should indeed be very awful. Maybe even DePaul awful.

jkcdawgs and BulldogPowers like this.
  16. godogs91

Money:
    $3,859
    Only Jones, Goodin, and Moore among the guys that play any amount of time. Marshall, Scruggs, and Carter are juniors. Freemantle and Tandy are freshmen.

17. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,135
    I enjoy watching the Dawg Pound when the opposing players are being introduced and they chant after the player's name "Sucks" I don't think most teams understand what they are saying. X players were laughing during their intros. The most enjoyable part of EVERY pregame is when we are waiting for the tip off and the DawgPound Chants "Xavier Sucks" during the song; No matter who are opponent is that night. Kudos to the DawgPound!

Shimmy, BoyGeoff, bwesson15 and 2 others like this.
  18. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,416
    You guys complaining about tickets and X fans in our building. When we played @ DePaul, is there not always a huge contention of Butler fans at those games? Won't we have a great presence at the game at Cintas when we try to spoil their senior day?

19. godogs91

Money:
    $3,859
    There obviously was a little extra put into the chant last night. I thought it was great that they tried to start it up again a couple times during the game!

seadawg likes this.
  20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,284
    And it amazes me that some people don’t see the value of listing your place in marketplace where people are willing to shell out nearly $250 a seat for your seats versus $75 a seat.

When you list stuff on here people only complain you want too much. I’ve listed here before and not gotten any bites. I list for more on SeatGeek and they sell.

I’d love to sell my tickets to Butler fans, but even if two more people are in the stadium cheering for the other team, I can take a pretty good consolation prize in knowing that my donations provide a pretty more home court advantage than any two visiting fans detract.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops