Butler Bulldogs (18-6, 6-5 conf.) vs. Xavier (16-8, 5-6 conf.), February 12

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 10, 2020.

1. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $683
    As a Cubs fan I find this hilarious.

Also love going to games at GABP since it’s so much cheaper and easier to get to in a day trip as opposed to Wrigley. Def a solid ballpark especially now that they have bars and restaurants in the vicinity.

2. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,847
    Reds may actually be competitive this year so maybe those seats will cost a little more.
    Believe it or not, Pittsburgh is even better. Sat right behind home plate lower level for $26.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    NO! You mustn't pass the THIEF.

Kidding. I love the THIEF but more power to KB or anyone else who is larcenous! Go Dogs!

4. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    Yeah but dude, just because you're the point doesn't mean you can't pass the ball. In fact, being the point pretty much means you need to be able to pass the ball.

I get it. KB is a stud and he's the studliest stud we have. I just don't think ignoring the other four players on O is a winning strategy. So is Lavall an idiot then? Is Kamar a selfish poopy-head? Nah. I don't think so... there's some high-level basketballing going on but I somehow don't like it. I don't like the look--it seems bankrupt. BUT, somebody knows more about b-ball than I do--even if it looks messed-up at times.

5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,651
    Pittsburgh is 100% not better, they are in full rebuild mode right now. Cincy on the other hand by predicative measures are actually the favorites to win the Central, I 100% disagree, but they are definitely improved.

6. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,138
    PECOTA projections have the Reds the favorites to win in the NL Central

7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,757
    Would have loved a good swan song for Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,247
    To me, the Thompson-less offensive problems come down to:

Kamar is asked to be the number 1 scorer, primary ballhandler, primary facilitator, and defend the other team's best perimeter scorer. That's a lot to put on one person.

Big East teams obviously are going to have a better scoring report on us than non-con opponents. You can see them blitzing our sets to blow them up before we can fully run our actions.

KB is a great player but he's not a PG. I don't think he is very good at reading the defense and adjusting to a better play; his game is more reactionary and being good enough to overcome what the defense is doing which doesn't lend itself to pretty team offense.

Aaron on the other hand is like having a coach on the floor. He's able to read the defense and get us into a different set to take advantage of the overplay, kind of like a quarterback changing plays based on a pre-snap read. He just has a really special skillset.

Hopefully next year with Harris, Tate, and Scooby all having some playmaker skills we won't be so out of sorts when AT sits...we're going to have to be because there won't be a Kamar to just take over.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,018
    Thought he was talking about the ability to get good seats for lower prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgsMD likes this.
  10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,651
    Ah fair enough, I was like...ah...What?? lol makes sense now

11. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,847
    Tentozen is correct. I should have made it clearer!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app