Butler Bulldogs (18-7) at Creighton Bluejays (12-14) - 2/16

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Feb 15, 2015.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    Lulz, I try not to, but when people are speaking about a current player, who isn't good, and discussing his negative/positive attributes, then someone else, regardless, for no reason, makes an Elijah Brown comment (???) sometimes you have to respond. I shouldn't though. It was a waste of a post.

2. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,885
    Yes Willis it was an enlightened discussion about the positive and negative attributes of a player. It wasn't a bunch of cheap shots or anything about a kid who had a bad game.

Now I want to hear from I Am Butler how I am exemplifying "mid-major thinking".

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  3. DawgWild

DawgWild Active Member

Money:
    $191
    Please enlighten me as to how my comment represents "mid-major" thinking. Regardless of the context, have we not far outperformed any pre-season predictions?

4. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,885
    It was a joke aimed at another member of this forum.

5. DawgWild

DawgWild Active Member

Money:
    $191
    Thanks for the clarification

6. Coach

Coach New Member

Money:
    $5
    Really don't think people outside the Indy area really view us as a MM or MM+ now, especially being in the Big East. One thing a lot of people are missing, our brand is valued around the country than our own back yard. Kind of sad IMO

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    F it all, there is something much more important. X at Cincy tonight, X +2. How should I play that one? I can't figure out Cincinnati this year, and Xavier is pretty talented. I think I want to play the money line on Xavier.

8. DawgWild

DawgWild Active Member

Money:
    $191
    For what it's worth I spent some time earlier today reading on one of the X boards, seems like at least the fans were more concerned about Butler than Cinci..... Hard to figure - this has always been a BIG game in the Queen City.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    That's actually a great point. Now that Xavier (no different than us) is in the Big East, and battling for March, I think their fans are right, we're a more important game. But, still...such a big rivalry, I just don't get the timing. Maybe they will be looking towards Saturday.

Also, as weird as this feeling is, I'm going to pull for them tonight. It's good for the conference and better for us if they win. I've been rooting for Cincy in this rivalry since I can remember breathing. Tonight though, totally different feeling.

10. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat New Member

Money:
    $5
    Time for a little introspection. Count the *******'s in past posts. Whomever has the most is the smartest.

11. GO_DAWGS!

GO_DAWGS! Active Member

Money:
    $86
    What are the NCAA/conference rules about schedule out of conference games during conference season...I can think of three in the Big East just off the top of my head...Penn, Duke and UC. Do they grandfather in long standing series? or is is just up to the school and most folks don't want to complicate and add to their conference season?

12. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Pretty sure there no are restrictions set by the NCAA (why would there be). Butler routinely played conferences games starting like the 4th game of the year in Horizon.

13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    Exactly. Often a team's conference schedule doesn't leave room for an out-of-conference game during the conference slate, but there's no restrictions on it. The way the ACC used to set up it's schedule - before the most recent expansion - each team would have one break of eight to 10 days. Some ACC teams would use it to schedule an OOC game and others would use it to recuperate.

14. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    So....you think he has coached every game this season perfect?

15. MisterFive

MisterFive Member

Money:
    $39
    Perfect and "worst coaching job of the season" are a bit extreme, no? Contrary to what ESPN would have you believe, not everything is either the best of all time or the worst of all time.

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    Hell no he hasn't. But, and I have to keep reminding myself of this-he's learning at this level too. I feel much better regarding Monday night's decisions knowing that Wideman was under the weather...he was very handcuffed. I'd like to see more Martin, I'd like to move Martin around some. But, in the end it's hard to argue with 19-7, top 25 ranking, rpi and kenpom. And if he can pull a rabbit out of the hat come Saturday? Then what he's done is even more impressive.

The best thing is he is a very good basketball mind and is 1 billion times the coach Miller ever was or would have been, and has saved this program from slipping into dangerous territory.

17. DawgWild

DawgWild Active Member

Money:
    $191
    Amen!

18. BornADawg

BornADawg New Member

Money:
    $5
    It's a fact that every coach in the country will have a "worst coaching performance of the season" along with a best one. That statement isn't a shot at the coach, it's actually a result of coaching more than one game a year. Coach K will also have a "worst coached game of the season." Geesh...and what's with some posters obsessing about what specific people post instead of the actual topic?! Kind of weird and creepy.

19. Twindogs

Twindogs New Member

Money:
    $5
    We all have fun being armchair coaches. I think the recurring dilemma CH deals with is our lack of depth. We suffered a major turnover in personnel. I see CH nursing the team through potential disaster every game.

20. BornADawg

BornADawg New Member

Money:
    $5
    I agree with the big dilemma always being the bench. All of the depth is young so yes, I'm sure it leads to indecision and fear. However, I don't see the potential disasters you see due to the experience of the starters and the minutes they will play going forward. One thing that's easy to forget is the opponent. It's not always about what you do/don't have but what the other team has. You can count on one hand how many teams have more assets than Butler(experience, good coach, smart players, defense, toughness,etc.)