Butler Roster
    St. John's Roster

Place Wager Here

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    St. John's is going to be out for vengeance after what Butler did to them at Hinkle - definitely can't be off their game.

3. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $456
    I don’t think St John’s has any 3-4 who can come anywhere remotely close to guarding Kelan, so hopefully he’s on and that would make this game a whole lot easier. Probably going to be a grinder at St. John’s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.
  4. pappyball

pappyball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $664
    Game plan for stopping Ponds?

5. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    Heavy dose of Kamar and Aaron. Also I would go with the approach of not overreacting to him. If he scores 30, but we limit all their other players, we still probably win.

pappyball and Insane Dawg like this.
  6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,777
    St Johns is way down at the bottom in assists per game at home 12.3), so they don’t spread the ball around well, maling it easier to defend one or two guys and not having to help as much (Butler is weak on help D).

Interestingly, Butler averages 12 assists per game on the road, meaning more hero balll and probably helps explain some of its offensive struggles on the road. Could be an ugly game to watch tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Baddog and bmradio99 like this.
  7. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,413
    Holtmann lost at Carnesecca last year. Dawgs better be ready.

pappyball and Baddog like this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    Ponds only shoots 27% from three and is the worst on the team. May want to back off him to mitigate his superb driving ability. SJU is not deep. I'd try to pound it inside to see if we can get him in foul trouble and have Mullins go to his short bench. That may not be easy though since Owens is a great shot blocker. Simon, Clark and Ahmed can go off. Not sure they have anyone that can guard KM.

It appears that SJU is a second half team. Thus we have to come out strong in the second half and keep up the intensity from the time we get off the bus.

9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    Ponds scoring vs. Thompson defense will be a key matchup
    Wideman/Fowler vs. SJU bigs and the rebound game will be a key matchup
    Getting a lead and avoiding a SJU run will be a key matchup

Win 2 of those 3 matchups, and Dawgs win.

OldSchoolDawg1983 likes this.
  10. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    I'm not worried. :):):)

11. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,184
    Sounds like someone's famous last words... UGH.

12. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493

Exactly. On the road. Work the ball. Good shot selection. Minimize hero ball. (Let's see how many assists we have post game.) Help on weak side D and in the paint. Put pressure on the ball, don't make it easy or comfortable for them on the offensive end, and stop the ball in transition. The formula to win most games. Should be the 20th win of the season.

13. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,037
    We should be super fresh coming into this game. I hope that translates into great defensive intensity. The St. John's offense is pretty crappy; if we play hard nosed defense, they should really struggle to score.

On the other end of the court, I think it comes down to turnovers. Butler has protected the ball well, but St. John's is very good at turning teams over. But they are truly terrible at both offensive and defensive rebounding (sub-300 ranks in each), and they allow more 3 point attempts than almost anyone in college basketball (Butler shot 30 3s in the St. John's game at Hinkle; 31 is Butler's high for attempts this season)

In other words, protect the ball, and we should put up some points.

OldSchoolDawg1983 likes this.
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,037
    Another interesting note: St. John's is 348th/351 in bench minutes; for the last month or so, they're essentially playing only 6 guys at all, and the starters play the vast majority of the minutes.

15. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,705
    Play hard and smart and we will win. I really think it's that simple, since we are the better team. They have some very athletic players, but they just don't put it together like they should and it makes them vulnerable to good Team play.

16. OldSchoolDawg1983

OldSchoolDawg1983 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $345
    And this will be their 3d game in eight days.....we've had a week to prepare......and the game simply means a lot more to us than to them. Their next game that matters is the BET, where with low probability, a streak similar to Duke / Villanova that gets 4 Ws in 4 days puts them in the NCAAT.

Hinkle likes this.
  17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,466
    Yeah but that's also because Bolt had a brain fart moment & took our rebounding out of the game with 30 seconds to play. I see us winning big here. Just feels like we're getting on a roll at the right time. Hope I'm not wrong.

bmradio99 likes this.
  18. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

If Thompson gets in foul trouble, I would put baddley on him. He is a great defender with length that would mess with Ponds shot taking ability. Speaking of Thompson, that guy could be really good once he gets his offense going. He is so fast with the ball I mean this when I say it.... I really don't think there is anyone in Cbb that can keep in front of him. If he drives to the bucket he is almost guaranteed a free throw. He could easily average ten or more a game next year.

19. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,184
    Being the late start game and a road game are what have me nervous. Oh, and some kid named Ponds...and the fact that SJU has 5 players AVERAGING double figures...and it's Senior Night for them...and it is at tiny Carnesecca Arena which can get really loud...and...

Oh hell, I am just nervous!

BoyGeoff likes this.
  20. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,193
    I’m nervous because I don’t want to have to beat SH on the road or Creighton on a neutral floor to feel good going into selection Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Hinkle, Tark43, SpartanDawgs and 3 others like this.