1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,281
  2. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $262
    VERY difficult spot for the Hall to be in Thursday night potentially minus two starters and being asked to beat a very similar in quality team like Butler for the 2nd time in less than a week. Not much seeding risk for Seton Hall either if they lose to a team they have already defeated twice this year- they are solidly entrenched as a #7 seed or better. Adding all this up I have to think Butler has a big time motivational edge here to get their first BET win and put even the smallest doubts at ending up on the bubble to rest. Look for water to find it's level and Butler to get the win and cover the small 1-2 point line. Interestingly, Butler has the third lowest odds to win the BET outright at +700

3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,977
    The odds aren't surprising given we've never won a game in the BET

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball and TheOnlyNameLeft like this.
  4. jskierko

jskierko Member

Money:
    $110
    When he says third lowest, he means third best odds to win. Only Xavier and Nova favored above us (Creighton right around same odds as us). So yes, I'd say it's very surprising... unless you are saying it's because we are due.

pappyball and joliebeth23 like this.
  5. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,977
    Gotcha, hadn't looked at the odds yet assumed lowest was bad. That makes no sense then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  6. EagleIan

EagleIan Member

Money:
    $70
    pappyball likes this.
  7. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Yeah that's the last reason they need to win this one, IMO. Win one for themselves, get some confidence back. Not a lot of time left.

8. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $520
    Have to wonder if Desi will be back for the tournament....hasn't played since 2/22...another week off would surely help but I wouldn't be shocked if they're hiding something larger.

pappyball likes this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,167
    Just freaking win this game and we can stop worrying. Can't believe we still haven't won a game in the BE tournament.

10. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,321
    I hope he doesn't play but I am sure he is going to do everything he can to play as a senior.

pappyball likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,429
    Agree, many teams have helped their seeding by winning in conference tournaments on national TV. It would give us a boost in multiple ways if we could win at least one game.

12. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,676
    This is such an awful matchup for Butler. Was really hoping the Dawgs would have beaten them on Saturday.

Need to figure out a different gameplan on Delgado/Carrington. Both of those guys have killed us in each matchup. I would go zone with some pressing mixed in. Obviously won't happen but would like to see Vall make them hit jumpers instead of dominating in the paint. Get out and run on them too. Gotta disrupt their comfortable rhythm against us.

13. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,321
    yeah. I go back and forth with applying some full court pressure--it could get the game faster, disrupt their offense, and potentially lead to steals. It also may get Baldwin some easy looks. On the other hand, I do worry about fatigue. I would definitely say yes if they have 2 guys out because they would be thin too.

pappyball likes this.
  14. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,928
    Will the coaching staff throw a different wrinkle at them or not? If they do, Butler's got a shot. If they don't, Hall wins.

15. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,713
    I know about Rodriquez's injury. Who is the other starter who is potentially out?

pappyball likes this.
  16. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,977
    Sanogo

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    pappyball likes this.
  17. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $262
    Butler's odds to win the BET have actually gone down (meaning the perceived % chances of them winning the BET, 13.33%, is now higher), although Creighton has moved from slightly behind Butler to now slightly ahead- obviously SH's injuries now factoring in. No love whatsoever for Providence nor respect for X

3/07 4:00 PM - Big East Tournament - Odds to Win
    Villanova
    Xavier
    +225
    Creighton
    +550
    Butler
    +650
    Seton Hall
    +1000
    Marquette
    +3000
    Providence
    +3000
    St Johns
    +3000
    Georgetown
    +8000
    DePaul
    +10000

pappyball likes this.
  18. OldSchoolDawg1983

OldSchoolDawg1983 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $345
    Acknowledging that metrics are increasingly important, a committee and not an algorithm still selects teams for the NCAAT. Thus, we should assume subjectivity still weighs heavily on the process.

With that in mind, the Dawgs Thursday night get a third bite at the apple, so to speak. If Rodriguez and Sanogo are indeed out (what else explains the odds rankings above?), it will be the 3d consecutive game where the Dawgs, in dire need of a bid-clinching win, face an undermanned opponent. WE MUST GET OVER THE TOP AND WIN THIS GAME. I tremble to think about the conversation the NCAAT committee will have about Butler if they see: 1) a team that lost 6 of their last 8; 2) couldn't beat a last-place SJU w/o their leading scorer and with six players stretched through 2 OTs; and 3) got swept in 3 by a SHU team down two starters.....once again in a game far more important to Butler.

pappyball and Tark43 like this.
  19. FlyForaWeitzGuy

FlyForaWeitzGuy Active Member

Money:
    $167
    They’ll think, “let’s decide if they be a low 10 or high 11 and then get back to discussing who our last couple spots should go to”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

pappyball likes this.
  20. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $175
    How's everyone feeling about this one? Really has been a tough last several weeks watching this team. But the Big East tournament starts a whole new "season".

pappyball likes this.