SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    hahaha I know that guy...

2. burns

burns Active Member

Money:
    $279
    Respectfully, some of you are missing the point. If you compare BU's attendance to Hall, Providence, St. John's, Villanova, or even G-town, yes, we are under represented because we are much, much further away. I agree completely.

However, this is not the case when comparing BU representation with Marquette and Creighton, for example. What am I missing here?

Mad_Dawg 48 and pappyball like this.
  3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    They are much larger schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

pappyball, Hinkle and estar20dawg like this.
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    Creighton is twice the size of Butler and on spring break this week. Marquette isn't on SB this week (it's next week) but is 3 times the size of Butler. Creighton has also been to the BE Tournament finals twice, and Marquette had won at least a couple games prior to this season. That also doesn't hurt.

pappyball likes this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    That's actually Title in real life.

6. FlyForaWeitzGuy

FlyForaWeitzGuy Active Member

Money:
    $167
    Someone woke up yesterday morning and said, I’m going to go onto ButlerHoops.com and get VERY angry because someone offers me data for free that I can’t believe anyone would actually log.

AND I’m going to do so by writing 4 objectively false statements and hope people take me seriously despite that.

Whatever floats your boat, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    In addition to what Hinkle said, Creighton also has the entire city of Omaha to themselves. I'm not going to say that Butler's turnout was great, but I'm not overly concerned.

pappyball likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    i

Creighton has an incredibly large and strong fan base plus what else is there to do other than support Creighton bball?

pappyball likes this.
  9. MisBUHoops

MisBUHoops New Member

Money:
    $23
    Although the discussion has shifted more towards fan support, I just thought I'd get it out there that I thought LaVall did a tremendous job yesterday. Obviously, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors but just hearing the pre game speech on FS1, seeing him keeping the guys loose in the huddle, the excellent defensive game plan (shading Delgado's left shoulder, making certain guys jump shooters, etc.), and the confidence in Baldwin to not call a timeout at the end of the game and let SHU set up their defense. An absolutely incredible job by a coach making his first appearance in a major conference tournament.

BoyGeoff, pappyball, seadawg and 6 others like this.
  10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    LaVall is still learning, give him time. We are in tournament in his first year, we are now playing with house money in the BET, besides Boltmann could not do this three years, with a more complete roster.

pappyball likes this.
  11. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,169
    Villanova Game #1. Those 3 combined for 22-43 FG, 11-17 3FG, 11-13 FT, 23 Reb, 11 Ast. 66 of the 101 points scored. Sign me up for that every day.

12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    Agreed. Do that 8 times in a row and make room for a banner at Hinkle!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. DawgFan

DawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $249
    Tyler Wideman scored our first two points and our last two points in a game that will be remembered. But what do I remember?

Before Tyler celebrated the team's hard-fought win, he helped a deflated Seton Hall player to his feet. Awesome.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    Tyler Wideman demonstrated the sportsmanship award.

15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    Nostra-fricken-damus!

ButlerNut and pappyball like this.
  16. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Member

Money:
    $157
    One thing I hadn't thought of until watching the slo-mo of the winning play this morning: It actually helped us that Kamar missed the layup. If it goes in, they have another two seconds and probably a much better final shot.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

17. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $248
    kmacker69, Schulzy and pappyball like this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    Love the Ron Nored hug.

#60, Shimmy, kmacker69 and 2 others like this.
  19. burns

burns Active Member

Money:
    $279
    Right guys, so if Marquette is 3 times bigger than Butler, they should have had three times more fans than Butler, per your logic, if not factoring for the fact that they are a worse team this year with little hope playing Villanova. Marquette is, also, a bit further away. Creighton is WAY further.

The ratio was worse than 3:1, that's my point. The factors you are listing make up for some of the disparity, but it was a MASSIVE disparity, well beyond 3:1 (Marquette : Butler).

Oh, and I'd rather go to Hawaii too. My last trip to Hawaii cost, oh just SLIGHTLY more than what I spent getting to MSG (sarcasm).

ETA: I'll stop now.

pappyball likes this.
  20. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,721
    I think that LJ is here for a long time and loves it! I also think we will also be very happy about that in the very near future!

pappyball likes this.