Money:
    $9,278
    I count as two fans.

pappyball and shoeevv like this.
  2. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,678
    I would love to see you post the data. My guess is you won't. Because it doesn't exist. Also: [​IMG]

pappyball likes this.
  3. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $303
    A lot more Xavier fans here for game 1 tonight than Providence fans. Maybe someday we will rep like they do. I realize they are the 1 seed.....but very surprised considering geographics.

pappyball likes this.
  4. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,316
    Why should he? You wouldn't believe it anyway, even though it's true. Your mind is made up and you're not interested reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball and FlyForaWeitzGuy like this.
  5. FlyForaWeitzGuy

FlyForaWeitzGuy Active Member

Money:
    $167
    I did literally post the data and your response to it was that it was fake news, that I was a nerd, and didn’t know who Nolan Richardson was.

But if you’d like more, feel free to help offset the costs by sending me some cash on Venmo. My username is the same there as here.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

pappyball likes this.
  6. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $741
    Nice.

PSUButlerFan and pappyball like this.
  7. RegionTownDawg

RegionTownDawg Member

Money:
    $76
    An outrageous amount of specific data is available for college basketball games, especially if somebody has a Synergy account. Luke Winn used to write weekly columns for Sports Illustrated focusing on WAY more obscure data sets than press possessions vs. all other possessions. Just an example from memory, he had a column once looking at all possessions by a team where their starting point guard shot an elbow jumper when driving left vs. driving right on the pick and roll (might have been UConn?).

pappyball likes this.
  8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,448
    I got you, boy.

9. FlyForaWeitzGuy

Money:
    $167
    Somebody actually paid me. Guessing it wasn’t enforcer, but that’s incredible. Thank you, It’s very gracious of you, but so unnecessary. IMG_4708.JPG

pappyball and RegionTownDawg like this.
  10. FlyForaWeitzGuy

Money:
    $167
    pappyball likes this.
  11. fchd

fchd Member

Money:
    $64
    Hi butletnut. It goes without saying it was a fabulous experience, just sorry I can't be there in person for the Nova game tonight.

Already thinking about starting to save up for a trip to Indy in a couple of years time...

pappyball, DawgsMD and joliebeth23 like this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,228
    There is no better place to see a basketball game than Hinkle on a Saturday afternoon.

ButlerNut likes this.
  13. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,702
    As ButlerGoalie said, you cannot beat seeing a day game at Hinkle. It should be on everyone's bucket list!

14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,278
    I’m in for $20

15. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,678
    You literally did not post the data. Ever heard of citing your sources? Did you watch every single possession Butler pressed this year and then calculated how many points they gave up on said possessions? It's also impossible to judge if points were scored because of the "terrible" press or because of other factor(s). This is not objective data... there is no way to possibly state x happened because of y.

And actually, my response was that you were a nerd, didn't know the phrase (nice Googling though!), and that it was fake news. Again, I would love to see the data if it actually exists. Which it can't. Which is why you haven't posted it.

16. FlyForaWeitzGuy

Money:
    $167
    You’re not judging causation homie. But I’m gonna go back to my life and if you don’t want to believe the stats I post, that’s your choice.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,305
    So since I asked for the press data earlier in this thread, I have a follow up question(s). Does your data also track how often BU scores as a result of TO’s from the press or is that already in the equation?

18. FlyForaWeitzGuy

Money:
    $167
    I do not have that. If I did like 4 hours of aggregation I could figure it out though. No disrespect meant in any way, but I’m not particularly motivated to do that. I could give you the turnover % in half court vs press defenses respectively though.

19. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,678
    It's not a stat if you haven't proved it. Which you haven't. Sorry bud.

20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,305