Butler Bulldogs (19-6, 7-5 conf.) vs. Georgetown (14-10, 4-7 conf.), February 15

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    General Discussion for the home game against Georgetown on Saturday.

2:30 Eastern tip

Dawgs beat Hoyas 1/28 in DC without AT

Hoyas will have had a week off since beating DePaul

Dawgs will have had 2 days off after beating X

Go Dawgs!

2. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,556
    Title says Providence instead of Georgetown.

3. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    Fixed it. At least I got the day of the week right this time! haha

I really need to get more caffeine in my system before posting these! LOL

Thanks!

4. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,699
    The Fighting Ewings had a week off before the first game against Butler as well. That will be the fourth conference game this season Butler will be facing a team coming off their "bye" week.

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    Both Yurtseven (ankle) and McClung (foot) are currently listed as day to day.

6. MadDawg2020

MadDawg2020 Member VIP Member

The train keeps rolling this weekend. If Mac is out for them, we beat them by 15 or more. Dawgs are going streaking

jkcdawgs likes this.
  7. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    doesn't sound too great if thompson is in concussion protocol. I guess i take it as positive that Smits is day-to-day and not already declared out. Wouldn't be surprised if Butler is cautious with both.

8. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $967
  9. Albick

Money:
    $967
    Here's how thin we are on healthy players:

bu04 likes this.
  10. noltar

noltar Active Member

Money:
    $594
    Through the quad and into the gymnasium, hopefully.

11. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,077
    Maybe it’s semantics, but I don’t know how you can have concussion symptoms and not be in a concussion protocol (pretty sure I read in another thread LaVall said AT was not in a protocol). Also, based on this year’s track record, day to day has turned out to be more than 2-3 days.

12. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,468
    Concussion symptoms by itself is a wide range - headaches, memory loss, behavioral changes. Concussion protocol is probably a term describing rehab back - most of the time to be able to play you have to perform at 90% baseline on some sort of a/c, memory testing. Now caveat that this was 5-10 years ago but you can have physical manifestations of concussion/symptoms such as the headaches, drowsiness etc without necessarily subacute memory issues save retrograde amnesia for the immediacy after the blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. Albick

Money:
    $967
    In Mac McClung's absence due to injury, Jahvon Blair has really stepped up. In the last 3 games--all of which McClung missed--Blair has averaged 24 points per game, including a 30-point outburst against DePaul in their last game. In that game, he shot 7-8 in 2-pointers and 4-10 on 3's. Against St. John's three games ago, he had 23 points and 5 assists. In all three of those games, he has played the entire 40 minutes. Considering the four players who left the program earlier in the season and if McClung and Yurt7, they are very shorthanded.

Incidentally, of the four who left the program, Akinjo is transferring to Arizona and LeBlanc is transferring to LSU.

14. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,110
    It sounded to me like Thompson wasn't in the protocol as of last night.

Having concussion symptoms now, it wouldn't surprise me if he's since been entered into a protocol.

I know I've seen NFL players who woke up the next morning and were entered into a protocol following a game on Sunday.

15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,115
    Who is the player in that pic?

16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    Mike Parker, red shirt walk on.

kmacker69 likes this.
  17. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,521
    Our seniors have never beaten Georgetown at Hinkle. The Hoyas have come in as underdogs the last three years & absolutely lit us up. In those three games GT has averaged 85 ppg, shot 59% from the field, & hit 30-59 from 3. Really tired of this trend & hope our guys can come out on top Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Shimmy, Tentozen, cornette33 and 3 others like this.
  18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,509
    This will be a hard line to peg with so many unknowns on both sides. I'm guessing it lands around 6-6.5 depending on who and who isn't playing. Could be 8ish if their guys are out and/or Thompson is playing.

19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $173
    Going to likely take another superhuman effort from Baldwin assuming Thompson is out again and how much the offense stagnates when that's the case.

Also have to believe with a week off either McClung or Yurtseven (or both) will be back in the fold for Georgetown.

Combine that with a rivalry win on Wednesday, I think Butler is probably going to struggle to get up for this one emotionally. Would be pleasantly surprised with any victory on Saturday

joeglasgow71 likes this.
  20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,620
    Luke Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops