bone New Member

Money:
    $11
    to: estar20dawg comcast channel fox sports 2 in Indianapolis is 76

2. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $342
    Oh yes, I to was screaming at Baldwin for dribbling so much.

3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,976
    yea that would help if i didn't live out of town...appreciate the help all the normal routes to watch FS2 I don'ty have, was just curious if people had sites I wasn't aware of. I've used firstrow before and streamendous but alas I guess the highlights are better than nothing. I wanted to see David tip back dunk that didnt count if anyone has a cut of that?

4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,113
    Brunk is starting to remind me of Matt Howard the way he hustles and never gives up on a play. It's also nice to see more players on this roster that can play above the rim (counting CD in that group after last night). Overall I see this team as not as strong nationally but stronger in the Big East. Strange as that sounds this league will be lucky to get 4 in the dance.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $341
    I’m starting to have my doubts that Villanova will be dancing in March.

Hinkle likes this.
  6. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $643
    Brunk has been really active.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,429
    Jay Wright will figure it out. Too much talent on that team in the end.

troggy, DawgPoundMac and SpartanDawgs like this.
  8. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $342
    Can you imagine a 6'11" Matt Howard?

bmradio99 and bumba like this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,167
    I made a screen recording of his putback dunk from the broadcast, but the file size is way too large. Any tips on compressing a .mov file?

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,429
    Only with the mustache.

BU_NeonHat, bmradio99 and seadawg like this.
  11. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    I was only able to watch the last ~10 minutes of the second half. Reading through the game thread I would have thought we were down most of the game, but per the game cast we led for like 35 minutes?

I was really happy that we were able to weather the Ole Miss run late in the second half. Good teams find a way to win and we found a way. I know it might not have always been pretty, but this was the third game of the season against a kenpom top 100 power conference team. I'll take a win, by any means and any margin, any day. This team has plenty of time grow. Remember some of our early non-con performances last year? Maryland? Texas?

Vall still has some convincing to do when it comes to Xs/Os and game prep. I don't understand why people are placing our offensive faults squarely on Kamar's shoulders. Which scenario seems more likely: Kamar decides to ignore the entire game plan and play at his own discretion OR the team is trying to execute a flawed game plan since we've now struggled to break down the zone on two occasions during which all of our perimeter players passed the ball around the 3 point line whimsically and/or hung on to the ball for 3-5 seconds before passing again? Remember, this isn't exactly a new problem; our offense sucked during the early part of last season, too, and we all complained about the mindless passing and dribble hand-offs. I agree that Kamar can get better, but the coaching staff needs to improve, as well.

12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Kamar basically is the offense (he's 9th in % of possessions in the entire country), so when he's struggling (he made several terrible passes against the zone in the first half facing Ole Miss that had nothing to do with coaching), he's going to get a lot of the blame. In the 2nd half he had 0 turnovers, and Ole Miss scored 0 points off turnovers, whereas he had 4 of Butler's 6 turnovers and Ole Miss had 8 points off turnovers in the first half.

I think with as much as he's had to carry the offense though, he's done well with that other than his turnover issues. I don't think he's ignoring the game plan, but I also don't think he makes the smartest decisions with the ball because he's a scoring guard, and doesn't see the floor as well as someone like Thompson. Problem is that he's the only offensive player that teams really need to help off of in order to defend, so there's a lot of pressure on him because there isn't another guy (IMO) who can get his own shot against most of the guys who will be defending him. PJ can do it sometimes, but not as consistently as KB.

I think the X's and O's and game planning has gotten better since last year, they've scored on several ATO plays so far, and against Detroit they basically shut down the 2 guys that drive their offense in the first half. They weren't ready for the zone against Detroit because of the 1 day prep. Against Ole Miss, who forced 24 turnovers against Western Michigan they had their lowest turnover rate of the year. I'm not going to say that the coaching couldn't be better, but I think they deserve credit for what they do seem to do well, which is recognizing and developing talent, which at a program like Butler is really important. He and the staff will keep getting better at the X's and O's piece of it IMO, much like I believe that as the season progresses Baldwin will do a better job of seeing the floor and knowing where his teammates will be.

Tentozen and fdr like this.
  13. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,695
    As easy as it is to crap on Baldwin for his inefficiency relative to the rest of the team, he's also 8th in kPOY right now...

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Absolutely. The reason the rest of the team is so efficient is because of the load that Baldwin carries. Really other than his turnovers and his 3 point shooting being off, he's done a great job.

ButlerHomer and BURph92 like this.
  15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,332
    I agree it's early. Need to figure out how to attack pressure defenses and zones.

Wonder if it would be better to bring Fowler or Brunk out to the foul line against the zone and have the wings slash and use backdoor cuts. Both Fowler and Brunk are good passers. McD, Baddley and CD need to be active and be ready to catch and shoot. Ball movement has to be crisper.

Seems like KB is our primary point guard even though AT is a better distributor.

16. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $373
    His role on this team reminds me of Iverson with the Sixers under Larry Brown. He has such a massive role that he isn't going to be the most efficient and advanced stats won't always back up what he does, but just watching him is pretty astounding with what he does.

Not comparing his talent or style to Iverson, just his role. Efficiency is only a minor part of the story with Kamar.

shoeevv likes this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    We won a game against a decent to good team where we got 12 points from Sean, Henry, Nate and Thompson combined while needing 14 shots to get there.

If you’re blaming Kamar, just get it together.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,713
    Just curious, did Markeese dress for the Ole Miss game?

19. PharmDDawg

PharmDDawg New Member

Money:
    $24
    He dressed and went through warm ups

WestLoopDog likes this.
  20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,039
    I went to practice last week. Keese had just returned to full practice from the knee.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app