Butler Bulldogs (2-3, 1-1) at Providence Friars (6-3, 2-1), Wednesday, 12/30, 5:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Dec 27, 2020.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    The last time Butler played was at home against Providence and came away with a huge effort

Providence squeezed in a DePaul game (just ended) and came away with a victory in double OT

Dawgs have a week to rest, practice, and get better. Hopefully a week will be enough for AT to come back

HoosierDawg likes this.
  2. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    With a healthy AT I think butler is better team here.
    Barring nothing crazy I expect same result as first matchup. Like usual vs providence post defense will be key and limiting offensive boards

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $770
    The Providence-DePaul game was fun to watch. Lot of action, even if it was sloppy at times. I think if Providence is looking ahead to their matchup Saturday with Creighton, then Butler might have a chance, but even without the fans, asking a mostly inexperienced team to go on the road and win one is a tall order, with and especially without AT. Looking forward to seeing how they do, but not expecting a ton.

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,920
    If AT can indeed play, he will bring a new element. BU should continue to control the pace and slightly improve it's efficiency. Still the Friars will make adjustments and it is doubtful they shoot at a woeful clip from the perimeter. Expect another tight game.

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,734
    We have lots of game film and our first practices to go work on getting better from it. We should also be able to add things. Watching this team progress, evolve and, hopefully, noticeably improve throughout the season will be very interesting.

I also read where any seniors that want to come back next year don't count against the 13 schollies.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgFan, willisbrown and MSUDawg like this.
  6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,917
  7. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    Wouldn’t be surprised if we have some guys out due to COVID. Hopefully the players were responsible when LaVall sent them home for Christmas.

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,502
    Have you heard something regarding this, or are you just assuming since the guys went home?

9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,618
    A Covid outbreak isn’t going to be an issue.

10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,734
    Does anyone have any tips for watching a game when out of the country? Hulu live and YouTube TV don't work outside of the country.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    If you have cable TV (Comcast) and record the game, you could watch the recording after its finished on the comcast app. So, not live, but you can see it a couple hours late

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  12. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $355
    If you use a VPN you can use those services abroad. I did a cheapo one month of Express VPN when I was working in Europe last year and was able to watch recorded and live games through my Hulu Live package. It’s all pretty simple and straightforward.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  13. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    At least not until March-ish, which is unlikely to be overly significant despite my supreme optimism.

14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,618
    Are you suggesting their immunity will expire by March?

15. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    That is my understanding.

16. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $383
    An interesting tid bit on the friars. They went to the line 10 times against Butler last week but was much more aggressive and had 31 FT attempts against DePaul on Sunday. Although 10 FT were in OT, I expect the friars to be more aggressive against our freshmen. I’m sure our zone has something to do with it— It’s hard to get into the paint against a zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,525
    Like people have said, VPN to spoof your location or pick up an illegal stream. Both pretty simply to do.

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    Quiet around here this week.

19. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,174
    2xDawg and GodawgsXsucks like this.
  20. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,418
    I know it's the week between Christmas and New Year's, but a 5 o'clock tip? Ugh