Butler Bulldogs (2-3, 1-1) at Providence Friars (6-3, 2-1), Wednesday, 12/30, 5:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Dec 27, 2020.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,920
    Dribble, clang, dribble, clang, dribble, clang...

BoyGeoff and Danville Bulldog like this.
  2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,690
    Yeah, I don’t get it either. This year is kind of like a puppy. It’s gonna make a mess, be out of control, drive you crazy, but you already know that and it’s a process.

There’s not a single person on this roster, except maybe Jacobe, who is not being asked to do far more than they’re capable or should be doing. Golden and Nze should not be the focal points of an offense, but without Thompson they are and it’s simply because they know what to do. I’m also not really sure either are healthy.

We had Tucker, Battle, tried to recruit Flagler, none of those worked out and some of them were things we counted on.

We also still have barely practiced since the start of the season.

By all means be mad that Butler looks terrrrible; that’s what being a fan is about. There are just way too many conclusions being drawn by people here when nothing has gone right to get us to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bwesson15, 2xDawg, Shimmy and 6 others like this.
  3. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,480
    We need time to get our young guys up to speed and our older guys legs under them... At being out just like last year makes us look a lot worse!;)

4. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    Danville Bulldog likes this.
  5. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,006
    I have come to the conclusion that Bolden is a turnstile with a jump shot. A matador has a better chance at making a stop.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $770
    The only thing I was really disappointed in tonight was the appearance of a lack of leadership from the older guys on the roster. I don't expect any of them to be AT, but it doesn't seem like there's much direction from either of the Bryces who are both in their 3rd year at Butler.

Even with AT, there likely won't be many wins to be had going forward. The defense is just awful all around, and they can't finish in the interior on offense. Pretty much just have to hope their opponents are shooting jumpers and having a very off night.

7. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $770
    By the way - Saturday is going to be ROUGH, lol. Seton Hall up by 25 at Xavier with 4 minutes remaining. Really the biggest things are to develop the freshmen and hopefully have something resembling a functioning defense by the end of the year. Next year should be better, but how much will be up to the players and staff.

znelson15 and dippper61 like this.
  8. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $383
  9. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,279
    And Nze improved his free throw shooting by a lot last year. How do you get much worse the next year?

10. Tentozen

Money:
    $1,279
    It didn’t seem like Coles even played much in the second half.

2xDawg, Danville Bulldog and UDDawg like this.
  11. Tentozen

Money:
    $1,279
    One other thing I saw tonight and a couple of other times in games. Their bigs beat Golden and Nze back down the floor easily for baskets. So are they lazy or hurt or sick, because something doesn’t seem right with those two.

UDDawg likes this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    2xDawg likes this.
  13. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    F superstitions. That was a flat out embarrassing effort from the Dawgs.

Throw this one away.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoyGeoff and willisbrown like this.
  14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    Give Cooley a week, he will make Butler look like a damn JH jv team. There were no positives from this nightmare

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,666
    This team is bad. Bad teams lose a lot of games.

But this should not be surprising to any of us who follow the program closely. This has been expected to be a bad year for a while. I think we’re all going to be better off if we just decide to tune in to follow the development of the young guys and accept that we’re going to lose a lot more often than we win. That’s what bad teams do.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,525
    Yep. I just look for good individual efforts and flashes that show the potential of what is to come.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    I made a similar comment a couple weeks ago as to pay attention to the little things growth wise these young kids are doing and enjoy the ride of that more so than the actual Ws and Ls. Now, it doesn't mean we obviously can't get pissed and dumb F plays by Nze or bad defense from Bolden...but we have to really try and discipline ourselves to looking for the small victories in what will be many losses. That's gonna keep the peace for fans this season. Otherwise we're all gonna go insane.

2xDawg likes this.
  18. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,690
    I don’t meant to single you out, so don’t take this personally, it’s more meant as a general comment to all.

We know Mulloy has not been good. There’s no other way to put it. But Mulloy not being good had no impact on this game.

I don’t really see the benefit of talking about how not good he is outside the general impact on any specific game.

This isn’t a case where he’s doing little things people aren’t noticing. It’s *fair* to say that he’s not been good. I’m sure that he is disappointed too, though. I just don’t see the value or humanity in continuing to discuss how not good he is out side the context of how it may affect any one game.

The dude is probably trying really hard for a cause we care about. Results matter, but I think it’s okay to remember that he wants the same thing as us. It’s just not working out that way right now.

bwesson15, bubby, WAJC77 and 12 others like this.
  19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,690
    I don’t meant to single you out, so don’t take this personally, it’s more meant as a general comment to all.

We know Mulloy has not been good. There’s no other way to put it. But Mulloy not being good had no impact on this game.

I don’t really see the benefit of talking about how not good he is outside the general impact on any specific game.

This isn’t a case where he’s doing little things people aren’t noticing. It’s *fair* to say that he’s not been good. I’m sure that he is disappointed too, though. I just don’t see the value or humanity in continuing to discuss how not good he is out side the context of how it may affect any one game.

The dude is probably trying really hard for a cause we care about. Results matter, but I think it’s okay to remember that he wants the same thing as us. It’s just not working out that way right now.

20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,357
    I listened on 1070 and had no appetite to go back and watch. Sounds like the board would agree after reading through everything.

It sounded like a lot of the same yesterday, but it seems like both Golden and Nze have regressed. Bad combo.

ButlerNut likes this.