Butler Bulldogs (2-3, 1-1) at Providence Friars (6-3, 2-1), Wednesday, 12/30, 5:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Dec 27, 2020.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,236
    Bolden has to make his open 3s

dippper61 likes this.
  2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,951
    This team is the 2020 of Butler teams.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

BoyGeoff and PSUButlerFan like this.
  3. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $286
    Now it’s become pretty clear why Bolden was in Frank Martin’s doghouse. Very lazy defender and offers nothing else on offense other than just a streaky shooter. Nze is addicted to turning the ball over. Mulloy wouldn’t start at my hometown’s community college. *deep breath* But I said I wouldn’t get mad when this inevitably happened this year. So let’s just continue to grow, and accept that this team, right now, isn’t a very good one. With time, I think we’ve got something.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg and BoyGeoff like this.
  4. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,787
    Can I offer a respectful disagreement? I feel like they did take some shots that they've shown they can make. If they make those, then we're not complaining about offense. Things look easier when the ball goes in. Some of these misses have driven me insane, but others are just...well, you gotta take and make wide open threes.

Tentozen and Staxawax like this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,236
    This. I’m a big Zags fan too. When Mark Few lost in 2013 as a 1-seed, he realized how great he was on O but blew dick on D. He committed to it.

His 2017 team was a good D team. Made the final game. Since then he has kept his amazing O but elevated the D. He realized the deficiency and got better.

Lavall needs to do the same. Last year it worked Bc Kamar could bail the team out with a bucket. Not this year.

UDDawg likes this.
  6. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $430
    I have no stats to back this up, but Nze has to be one of the worst Senior starters on a major CBB team. He is AWFUL. Turnover waiting to happen EVERY time he touches it. How is there no one on the sidelines that's willing to tell him to STOP DRIBBLING THE DAMN BALL.

willisbrown and IrishDawghouse like this.
  7. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $647
    It's something in the air on the east coast, it totally screws us up. We would kick their ass if this were played in the midwest. Why I love the Big East Conference

8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,906
    The clanking is hard to take.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,756
    Of course. I agree that we've missed some good, open looks. I'm most annoyed with continued turnovers where we just do the same thing over and over and expect the same result. Dribbling into traffic down low and weakly putting layups up against much larger defenders. And it's discouraging that those behaviors haven't been stamped out by the staff.

Tentozen and dippper61 like this.
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,930
    This small lineup is not working just like it didn't work last week. What is LJ watching?

dippper61 likes this.
  11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,787
    Chuck Harris going from BE Freshman of the Week to absolutely shellshocked. Life as a freshman!

BUcheer likes this.
  12. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,246
    Literally scores 3 points in last 10 minutes of first half? Yeesh.

UDDawg likes this.
  13. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,735
    I would prefer Golden and Nze just rebound and play defense. Let the freshmen and transfer put up the shots.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    3 points in last 10:35 of the first half.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,454
    I am so, so over Nze.

IrishDawghouse and Clevedog like this.
  16. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,592
    OConnel needs to retire so badly!

estar20dawg and BUcheer like this.
  17. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,236
    Transition D Nze you lazy ass

18. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $286
    Nze has completely mailed it in. Shows a lot about his character and leadership, not to mention his performance has been absolute garbage this year

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,930
    Well, at least it's not as bad as the beating we took at Florida after the ugly sweater Christmas party.

Clevedog likes this.
  20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,454
    What pisses me off is that we played so much better and with much more poise/movement/defensive commitment against teams like Nova and IU...yet this is just an egg lay. No nights off in this conference. The decision making has just been awful.