Butler Bulldogs (2-4, 1-2) at Seton Hall Pirates (7-4, 4-1), Saturday, 1/2, 4:30 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,917
    Just one letter off haha. It was given to *Bolden, who was the primary defender.

Staxawax likes this.
  2. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,357
    Either way, can we all agree it was a fairly pivotal call during what was clearly a comeback bid?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen likes this.
  3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,484
    Well sure, but if Bolden did indeed foul, then the call was correct. You’re reacting to a clear swipe by Tate, and thinking we got screwed at a pivotal point, which is not the case.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 likes this.
  4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    I'm at halftime (got distracted).

21-5 run to end half is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    The over and back against Butler was identical to the over and back that was NOT called against SH
    Butler fouled on rebound and putback not called as shooting foul. Empty possession as a result. Seton Hall gets a two dribble two step continuation as an And 1.

Not blaming officials. Just pointing out inconsistencies

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

jeff likes this.
  5. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,933
    It’s probably wishful thinking to get just 1 of our missing 3 guys(AT, CD, or JC) back for Georgetown next week. But dear God can be please not lose any of our remaining 6 guys.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,850
    If we make our free throws, then it's only a 4 point loss tonight. If JaKobe plays all of Hastings minutes then I think we're even. Add AT back into the rotation and I'll bet we beat them at Hinkle.

The key to beating Seton Hall has always been their bigs. The blocked tons of shots tonight and owned the glass.

Tentozen likes this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,666
    But if Butler and Hall both shoot their average % from 3, it’s a ~20 point loss.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

2xDawg, dawgs2014 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  8. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,279
    This was identified as a most likely 3 week injury from the start, and 3 weeks won’t be here till next week. So let’s wait till next week until we start talking about forever.

9. Tentozen

Money:
    $1,279
    Is everyone forgetting that Coles was out? Would have made a big difference.

jeff and 2xDawg like this.
  10. Tentozen

Money:
    $1,279
    Yeah, you lost your bet; get over it. Nobody celebrating getting beaten.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $383
    The three 3-pointers at the end of the shot clock had no business going in tbh. That alone would have dropped us to a 17 point loss. Likewise, if just a couple wide open treys landed on Wednesday, it wouldn’t have been so ugly.

12. Tentozen

Money:
    $1,279
    Rather fearless?? They are unbelievably fearless. The way they have started says they are going to be amazing for the next 4 years.

jeff, BoyGeoff and 2xDawg like this.
  13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,525
    Sadly, this. Butler shot out of its mind from 3 and still lost by 8. Doesn’t bode well.

willisbrown likes this.
  14. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    You posting this 3 hours after we all watched it is.... blah

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    Has anyone who was on the team last year improved this year? AT as the exception
    Hastings - No
    Mulloy- Somehow got worse (that was possible I guess)
    Nze- does 1 good thing followed by 2-3 bad. Shooting looks pathetic
    Golden- looks half asleep and nightmare in the post.
    I don’t mean to be negative and during the pandemic I’m sure it presented challenges with development. Could be just me or does it seem like everyone has gotten worse from last year especially the bigs.

These freshmen have been terrific and fun to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,690
    If you don’t mean to be negative why are you so focused on emphasizing the negative?

If you really didn’t want to be negative maybe say something like this, “the returning players are struggling to adapt to new roles, but it has to be a hard transition incorporating so many newcomers, despite how great those newcomers are. The challenges they’ve faced have made this year even more challenging than it otherwise would have been, but as they get more practice under their belt we should really be able to enjoy seeing this team grow.”

Or just talk about how much everyone sucks. That’s cool too.

ButlerNut, bwesson15, 2xDawg and 2 others like this.
  17. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    People not from the East Coast probably won't care about this, BUT...it drives me crazy that every time we have a game in Newark, NJ they show NYC. I used to live in Newark when I was a middle school teacher and it certainly has its rough spots, but there's loads of love and charm there too. It would be like if every time Butler had a home game, they showed the Chicago skyline. Give smaller cities their glamour shots, FS1!

jeff, 2xDawg and UDDawg like this.
  18. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $862
    At least they could run “The Sopranos” opening

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  19. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,933
    Besides all the players missing games lots of frustration over the teams’ poor FT shooting. Really Nze is the biggest issue as he has the most FT attempts but is by far the poorest shooter at 8-24. The rest of the team is shooting over 68% from the line which is certainly not great but not as abysmal as 61% which is what they are including Nze.

Tentozen and jeff like this.
  20. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $862
    It brings to question where is the commitment to setting the bar by the senior leaders? Specifically Nze. AT clearly made improvement at the FT line a priority.
    If Nze asked himself “what is the 1 Thing I can do; that by doing such would make everything else pale in comparison”? Hitting Free Throws at 75% - 80% would be a game changer. This above all else bothers the hell out of me in his game. He is forced to play uphill in our league and he has managed that.
    I mean how does a 6’7” guy play against 7’2”, 6’11” etc. That is a tall order (literally) AND: 6’7” is wide open at the Free Throw line. If there was any area that could be practiced every day, however many hours it takes (even during Covid) FT Practice is it. If somebody can say he did all that and still can’t make a free throw... well that is another discussion.

Tentozen, willisbrown and BUcheer like this.