Butler Bulldogs (2-4, 1-2) at Seton Hall Pirates (7-4, 4-1), Saturday, 1/2, 4:30 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 1, 2021.

1. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $567
    WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO

MESSAGE BOARD POLICE DAWGS2014 HERE

YOUR POST IS NOT TO MY LIKING! I WILL LET YOU OFF WITH A WARNING TODAY, BUT IF YOU DON’T BOOST YOUR POSITIVITY LEVELS, IT WONT END AS WELL NEXT TIME!

THIS IS A CRITICISM-FREE SAFE SPACE - NO CRITICAL THINKING ABOUT THIS PROGRAM IS ALLOWED, AND DON’T YOU FORGET IT!

2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,180
    that would kick so much ass

jeff and BoyGeoff like this.
  3. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $216
    Happens all the time - NY/NJ Red Bulls play in Harrison, right across from Newark? All NYC shots. Yes, it's NY in the title, but Giants/Jets games are played in Jersey, but yup - all NYC shots.

Watching some St. Johns' games now that all their games are in Queens for the foreseeable future - all Manhattan shots, though there's so much to show in Queens (Jackson Heights, World Fair, USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, Citifield, etc.)

But yeah, it's definitely annoying.

jeff likes this.
  4. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,180
    I would love it if they actually showed how cool Queens was when St. John's. Show people going out for noodles in Flushing. That would be awesome.

jeff likes this.
  5. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,591
    Why are people even getting worked up about things this season? Is it because you are betting and losing money? If its the betting piece, I've done very well betting against them, and accepting that the team is not that great this year. The only thing I see painfully obvious is that Nze and Golden didn't make progress over the off season; and if anything have regressed. Otherwise, we are battling with an incomplete roster and unusual circumstances. It was going to be a transition year at best, even without all of the adversity. I'd like to think that most understand this, but the random comments about Jordan, and people freaking out about this team are either a complete lack of perspective, or COVID brain fog. Enjoy it for what it is - these freshmen are going to be battle tested without losing a year of eligibility. Any success at all is a bonus.

6. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $399
    BU is going to need to hire a coach after the year anyway, getting someone that has developed post players should seemingly be high on the list of job requirements. Its clearly a deficiency

cornette33 likes this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    Is that you Title?

The point is we're not that far away. If the upperclassmen finally play up to competition and we get healthy, this is a middle of the BE team. It starts with Nze and Golden.

With due respect, I'm more than ready for Nze to go to the bench when JaKobe is healthy. This reminds me of when Fromm was a senior and AC was a freshman. Chrabacsz was clearly more impactful as the season went on. It simply took Brandon having the guts to send a starting senior to the bench. I don't know if LJ has the balls to go there.

Tentozen, jal8908 and cornette33 like this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,619
    While I'm holding my breath on JC's knee injury, sitting either Nze 0r Golden would send a message. Neither have been particularly effective thus far. Sometimes the bench can get a player's attention?

9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Missing free throws and countless turnovers from the bigs are inexcusable, but at the same time, why are we drawing up post plays for them against seven foot shot blockers?

I think we're simply asking too much of Bryce and Nze. I would have liked to have seen more improvement, but I don't know if they have truly regressed as players. What has regressed are the players around him. Don't get me wrong, Harris/Bolden/Tate are great players, but they are fresh to the program and haven't had time to develop chemistry with the bigs. They very well could turn out to be these players, but right now they simply aren't AT, Kamar, and Sean. They also haven't been allotted adequate time to develop chemistry with the bigs. We already know Nze and Golden aren't going to create their own shot and very few bigs in the NCAA are. It comes down to drawing up the correct plays, chemistry, spreading the floor, and penetration.

Sidd Finch, jeff, 2xDawg and 2 others like this.
  10. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Sure worked with Kelan.

11. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    I am not focused on the negative. My post was just pointing out it seems all the returns have gotten worse some by a very noticeable amount.
    I think like you or someone said there are way more positives to take away from losing to Hall on the road by a few possessions than any negatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,315
    I don't disagree with a word you said mostly. I think it's fine to point out the good things and what we are seeing from the puppy guards. BUT...don't go dick slapping all over twitter and elsewhere pumping a boatload of celebration things acting like we won. We lost. And last I checked...Butler was a winning program and our expectations are not to lose by 8.

We are very injured. We are very thin (we knew that coming in before the crap hit the fan). The effort was wonderful. I'm ok saying that and I'm ok saying person (blank) had a good game. But we suck right now as a team and are playing below the level where Butler Basketball should be. Plus the bigs have regressed to sun belt level.

It's ok to cheer on and be happy with certain performances, but overall the program as it stands is a dumpster bin. That's not who Butler is. So all the high fiving and penis grabbing...yeah not a good look.

In the end...it's ok to say "great effort tonight by an undermanned team" but don't act like it was some kind of win. It was a loss with the bigs looking worse than they have. And I'm not pointing out you or most on here, but damn my twitter feed spelled that we just clinched a trip to the final four. We're all better than that. We're a better program than that.

13. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,050
    Who the h*ll are you following that is ecstatic to the point of penis grabbing?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,191
    When’s the last time we’ve seen a decent seal in the lane? Can’t think of a single one this year. If nothing else the least the bigs can do is get the guards a somewhat clean look at the rim. Tired of watching guards drive and getting collapsed on. Howard, Smith, AC, even Nate, did this regularly.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    SnoopDawg, Tentozen, jal8908 and 4 others like this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,315
    Wouldn't you like to know...

It's a secret. Secret twitter mancave with whom I'm involved. If you're nice I'll invite you.

16. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,050
    No thanks. I am simply calling you out because I don’t believe you.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,315
    We may not follow all of the same humans, but my feed was full of cheers. It was quite annoying.

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,550
    Yeah I follow a ton of butler people/fans and can’t remember seeing anyone remotely pleased with the game.

Tentozen likes this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,315
    Granted, Ole Miss beat IU yesterday so the juices were flowing. But I promise the moral victory parade was out in my feed. And I was very pleased with the guard play last night/afternoon...so I'm not just in a bluster of anger. I'm more annoyed by the injuries and all that many have touched on. But there were posts that came into my feed that literally spoke like we won the game. That bothers me. There were some good things, but it's still a bad team and going to be a long season.

20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,416
    Sure, I think your point was totally valid. It does seem that no one has taken a step from last year. I just think rather than dwell on how terrible some people have been, which is what you did, truly attempting to approach it objectively would focus equally on the circumstances.

We are asking the only guys who played last year to be the focal points on the team when they were roll players last year. Now we’re asking them to do it without the best returner we have from last season. We’re also asking for lots and lots of minutes from guys with no college experience.

I think your point is totally worthy of discussion, but when you focus on how bad everyone has been and not the circumstances surrounding the performance, it certainly seems like venting Moreso than trying not to be negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

GodawgsXsucks likes this.