Butler Bulldogs (2-4, 1-2) at Seton Hall Pirates (7-4, 4-1), Saturday, 1/2, 4:30 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 1, 2021.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,690
    We also need guys who drive to score for that to happen. It also really helps to have played with guys to have foresight into knowing to expect that.

Only Harris and Thompson really drive to score, and a seal only is beneficial if you’ve beaten your man off the dribble, which Harris really struggles to do.

Furthermore, we can’t overstate how much defenses are packing it in against us.

I think we’re all really underestimating the impact of not just how much we lost, but how much we rely on continuity for execution.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg likes this.
  2. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $862
    Willis Island?

willisbrown likes this.
  3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,666
    It’s not being negative to point out that we shot really well from three and they shot poorly and we still lost by 8. That’s a bad sign for the rest of this season; we may not make 11 threes in a game the rest of the year. I’m excited about the future of these freshmen as much as anyone, but there’s not much reason to think this team isn’t just flat out bad this year.

Getting bent out of shape about someone pointing out a stat that conflicts with your suggestion is weak.

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,618
    I can’t really disagree here with anything you stated, just missing some of the smart BU basketball we’re used to. The lack of practice has really set us back.

I do think Tate probes the drive though and a seal would help immensely. Not to mention a seal on the rebound. Former teams often had guards snagging the rebound. We don’t seem to have the height or athleticism to rebound by the bigs—but they have respectable behinds, use ‘em. AC was a champ at that.

Also—the Star really likes the “worst 7 game start in forever” narrative which is annoying. When have we ever played Nova (and started conference play) 3 games in? Not to mention a 3 week layoff, kids coming back from illness, and 2 practices in 3 weeks. Context, please.

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,525
    No

:)

6. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    Didn’t mean for it to come across that way- I’m with you though there was a lot of good that came out of that game regardless of score

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    Let me tell y'all about Jersey...I dated a chick from Jersey for 2 years. That's all you need to know about Jersey people. :)

8. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,690
    Your threshold for trashiness is measured by their willingness to associate with you?

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,920
    She was a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig.

ButlerNut and willisbrown like this.
  10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $14,525
    In this case, it’s accurate. Birds of a feather! :)

willisbrown likes this.
  11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
  12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    You positing this after everyone watched the game is meh

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    Pretty much.

14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,357
    Surprisingly, Title’s posts on here lately have been cogent, timely, and generally spot on.

Shimmy likes this.
  15. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $14,525

pjohnsto2003 and bumba like this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,850
    I think he recognizes the young talent we have. He's always been good about that. I would also agree with others that until LJ can recruit a Big East 5, conference wins will be an uphill battle. It will be interesting to see if Wilmouth can develop into a Kam Woods kind of rebounder. He's been really solid on the offensive glass so far.

2xDawg likes this.