Harry Rex Vonner Member

Money:
    $69
    especially you

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,949
    Thanks. Statistically Arkansas' stats look similar to ours except they shoot threes better. I would think KM and KB offensively will balance out the scoring from their two guards that shoot so well from three. That leaves the five and the other positions the determinating factors. If McD and PJ stroke it we will be fine. If we don't at least contain their Big to below his usual it could go their way.

6. JMCBigWayne

JMCBigWayne Active Member

Money:
    $89
    Do any of you have an opinion on the Wideman-Fowler substitution patterns? It just always shocks me that Fowler pretty much plays half the game and Wideman comes out before the 16 minute media timeout and remains on the bench for large stretches of time. We are just so much better defensively and on the glass when Wideman is in and Fowler's offense ability has gotten worse since last year. Is Wideman that out of shape or is LaVall that worried about early foul trouble? It just seems like even when Tyler isn't in foul trouble he sits for way to long...

7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,298
    Jordan has said he wants Wideman to go all out when he's out there so he gives him short full burts at 4-6 minute clips. Said he's most effect in all out, short bursts, which mean we have to tolerate watching Fowler fumble the ball in his hands and getting blocked by guards...

8. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $841
    "7-seed Arkansas falls to 10-seed Butler in the first round. The Bulldogs take this matchup outright in over 62 percent of simulations. Butler comes into the postseason with three losses in their last four games and squeaked into the NCAA Tournament with an underwhelming 20-13 mark overall. But they provide major matchup issues for Arkansas, who has one of the worst defenses in the nation at 75.5 points per game allowed. "

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    beezer16 likes this.
  9. PioneerBasketball

PioneerBasketball Member

Money:
    $47
    wrong

10. Gohogs14

Gohogs14 New Member

Money:
    $25
    [​IMG]

Looks like it should be a pretty good game

pappyball, BoyGeoff and SpartanDawgs like this.
  11. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,163
  12. FlyForaWeitzGuy

FlyForaWeitzGuy Member

Money:
    $167
    Most centers only play about 20 minutes. I don’t think the data supports your opinions at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $9,949
    Stat wise it can't get any tighter along with inconsistency being similar.

14. FlyForaWeitzGuy

FlyForaWeitzGuy Member

Money:
    $167
    That 75.5 number is meaningless. They play up tempo. Up tempo leads to more points scored and more allowed. Not adjusting for possessions is comparing apples and oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BU4lyfe likes this.
  15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $9,949
    The first day is so much fun! All the other teams' fans wearing their school colors makes for a festive day. Everyone is so excited. Jealous of those who go. I went to San Jose in 2010 and had a ball. Went to both national championship games. The San Jose experience was far more fun than Houston national championship the following year.

joliebeth23, huss587, jarik and 3 others like this.
  16. JMCBigWayne

JMCBigWayne Active Member

Money:
    $89
    You think there is zero difference defensively and on the glass when Fowler is in compared to Wideman? I was asking people's opinions so if true that most centers only play 20 minutes a game then that sheds some light on the situation. But if you think Butler defends and rebounds the same whether its Wideman or Fowler I'd say you're crazy and would love to see that data that supports what you are saying as it seems to indicate you've have numbers that do so.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $9,949
    Wouldn't point differential between offense and defense be more meaningful? It was either you, Hinkle or Irish who said Butler was one of the top defensive efficiency teams in the country based on metrics. Either we are good, average or poor on the defensive end.

18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $9,949
    One thing I've noticed is Tyler sometimes jogs back on defense. I don't know if he gets tired more easily and if so I wonder why? Bigs banging against each other is tiring I'm sure which might explain it. Someone earlier in this thread suggested putting Brunk in to foul their Big who struggles at the line. That may make sense if late in the first half Arkansas is in the one and one. Having Brunk banging into him might wear him out plus we give up only one point or none.

19. PioneerBasketball

PioneerBasketball Member

Money:
    $47
    Sure is nice to read a thread from the opposing team without the trolling and name calling.

mtsuhog85 and tlp63 like this.
  20. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,097
    That was damn fun first round set of games! (I've been to six so far.) It was pretty quite during the first half and I swear I was making the Murry St players flinch when they took FTs! I was using my best Marine projection and making the most horrible sound I could think of right when they shot. The fans around me were pissed at first, but said I had to keep doing it because it was working... Never before or after was it ever quite enough to even try that again. (Plus I was a few years younger and since I take my 70+ year old mother with me, I might give her a heart attack now.) ;)

joliebeth23 and seadawg like this.