Butler Bulldogs (21-9, 9-8 conf.) vs. Xavier (19-11, 8-9 conf.), March 7

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Mar 6, 2020.

1. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    Ah the 07-08 team. Talk about a hack job by the committee, egregiously giving them a 7 seed to start, then having them play South Alabama (yes I am aware Butler smoked them) and Tennessee in Alabama. That team's resume deserved at least a 5 seed or better IMO.

#60, DawgPoundMac, bmradio99 and 3 others like this.
  2. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,609
    It's two days later and there still isn't a complete highlight package on YouTube. Again if anyone recorded the game and can drop it somewhere for me, i'd be grateful!

3. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,808
    Still raises my blood pressure to this day. With a little luck, that team could’ve made the final four. Believed it then. Believe it now. That was a top ten team in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, DawgPoundMac, bmradio99 and 5 others like this.
  4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,828
    Rewatched the entire game last night. I have absolutely no problem with the broadcast duo. I am a Reds hater (Cub fan) but I thought TB did an excellent job and showed no bias. But I know a number of you can’t wait to jump on an announcing crew even before game time.
    I also want to recognize Bryce Golden. If 2 of those most obvious bunnies go down all of you would be saying he had a great game. As is after watching it again I can’t believe he only had 6 points. 5 boards and ZERO turnovers! Wish I could say the same about his Bryce brother.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  5. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    Yup. Goes without saying that a big factor in tourney success is matchups, but man that squad had at least 2nd weekend written all over them. The fact that they had to face a 2 seed that early sucked.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  6. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    As a Cubs fan I will also happily listen to Brennaman call hoops over baseball games.

7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,320
    Yeah, that sucked. That team was at least a Sweet 16 team. Took Tennessee to OT.

No reason they should've been seeded as a #7.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  8. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,842
    And, if I heard it correctly during the game, he is nursing a nasty infection in his right elbow that's rather painful.

9. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,411
    If memory serves, Tennessee was also pretty salty that year as well, because they had a case for a #1 seed and were (rightfully so) not thrilled about facing an underseeded team like Butler so early. Was a top 25 matchup the first weekend of the tournament.

UDDawg likes this.
  10. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $527
    Just curious, is Brian Snow a beat writer for Xavier? The reason I ask is because in an article that he wrote about the game, it was mostly about Xavier. And one of his comments was that Nze's screen could have been an offensive foul because he was moving. Again, just curious

godogs91 likes this.
  11. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $466
    If I recall correctly, Brian Snow is just a Butler hater overall.

12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,661
    Xavier as well as other Big East teams use moving screens a lot, so much for calling a foul on Nze. Petty complaint.

MadDawg2020 likes this.
  13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,641
    I don't know what his official title is but he does cover Xavier in some capacity, and is a known Butler hater, so he can go whine and cry all he wants and let me taste those salty tears...

Shimmy and DawgsMD like this.
  14. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,254
    I've seen comments about moving screen here and there and it's not even close. Nze set a screen behind Marshall. Marshall fought to get underneath it. Nze turned to roll. Did he get in Marshall's way? Yes. Did he attempt to set a 2nd screen on Marshall? No. He even put his hands in the air to avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

BulldogsFTW, joliebeth23 and godogs91 like this.
  15. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,320
    Didn't realize Snow was a Butler hater. That sucks.

godogs91 likes this.
  16. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $652
    I was thinking about something...

We all know about the water fountain incident in Hinkle.

When our guy wins the game with a walk-off shot in Cintas, he cleans up the locker room.

Life comes full-circle. That’s the Butler Way.

17. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,601
    You had me going. I thought you were going to express concern for the water fountain at Cintas.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.
  18. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,340
    Does anyone have a link to the FS1 replay? I went to the Fox Sports site, but couldn't find it. I doubt it's available any longer.

Kamar's best. No highlights. Very, very sad. :(

joliebeth23 likes this.
  19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $239
  20. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $938
    It's extra impressive that he did all of it against a 6'7 extremely athletic and good defender in Naji Marshall. I think NBA scouts should take note of that. Kamar's size won't hurt him on the offensive end and he's exceptionally good at guarding taller players with his long wingspan. I'd be surprised if an NBA team doesn't take a chance on him. He's already improved his 3-point shot and he will continue to. Also, he showed improvements to his PG abilities in every game that AT was out this year.

Shimmy, Tentozen, estar20dawg and 3 others like this.