Butler Bulldogs (22-10) at Texas Longhorns (20-13) - 3/19

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    When will our game time be announced?

2. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,192
    Getting ready to head to the Nova game, but from right behind the BU band, our guys played thier heart out and got hammered a lot with no calls, but the refs weren't BE bad at all. When Rosie tried to walk to the locker room and fell down right in front of me, I thought the game was over for us, but the guys kept fighting! When he came back on to the floor the place went nutz! I got no voice left, but off to watch Nova continue the BE winning!

3. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...are-cut-the-ranks-of-the-uninsured-by-a-third

Yeah, f*** that guy, right?! Who does he think he is trying to help people?

4. Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life Active Member

Money:
    $133
  5. Huntin'Dawg

Huntin'Dawg Member

Money:
    $39
    what are talking about, dude. helping people? LOL. Shortening the shot clock, widening the lane kills teams like Butler, Belmont, Wofford, UVA and opens the game up for NBA style ball...running, gunning, no defense. Minimal strategy and all athleticism. That's when I start watching golf. Hey, by the way, who's he helped? He ain't helped me. Don't get me going.

6. BornADawg

BornADawg Member

Money:
    $32
    Thank you. The ESPN propaganda of trying to make college ball like the horrible NBA is to help the Blue Bloods and 5 star recruits. Bilas and his sheeple hate the Butlers of the world and wish there were a power 5 playoff instead of the 64. College football has some major differences from the NFL and so should college ball. No one here would pay to see more than 3 or 4 NBA teams so why would you want your product to follow that model. Go Dawgs!!!!!

7. Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life Active Member

Money:
    $133
    I can't stand the NBA. I can watch the occasional Pacers game, but overall I couldn't care less about the NBA.

8. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $436
    agreed!!!

9. bu2007

bu2007 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Still dancin'

[​IMG]

10. Baseline

Baseline Active Member

Money:
    $421
    Actually, the NBA has more strategy and actual offensive plays now than college basketball. All you see now is ball screen, put your head down and crash into a defender. Not much coaching going on there. A lot of college coaches want to make the players happy by giving them freedom to just make a play. Well, not too many teams have the players to actually do this well.

11. zonadawg

zonadawg Member

Money:
    $5
    Agreed.

12. zonadawg

zonadawg Member

Money:
    $5
    The line of thinking is both teams shot less than 34% for the game and we were out-rebounded by 13.

13. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,302
    I don't care how it happened, and really, neither should anyone else here. Dawgs won. It's March. I gave up my lunch at school to sit in my room and watch on the computer. We're still dancing. On to Notre Dame...

14. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    I think most purist would disagree with you. ONLY thing a shortened shot clock will do is what it has done to the NBA.....lead to bad shots.

15. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat New Member

Money:
    $5
  16. BornADawg

BornADawg Member

Money:
    $32
    boom!

17. Doctor Tobias Funke

Doctor Tobias Funke Active Member

Money:
    $81
    Uhhhh, I could be wrong but I think that our shooting was pretty crappy in every game in 2010 except for the second half against UTEP.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    The only good thing in this thread was Willis' poetic effort. Well done Sir!

19. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,375
    I wasn't sure if it was because I was watching the game on my iPhone 5, but I thought this as well. Definitely some bad calls (why does the out of bounds call seem so difficult for them this year?), but it was lightyears beyond what we saw in the Big East. So nice to see.

20. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    When do they announce the game times?