Butler Bulldogs (22-9, #5 seed) vs. Providence (19-12, #4 seed), March 12

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Mar 8, 2020.

1. FriarDawg

FriarDawg Member

Money:
    $96
    So woke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

UDDawg and BigHoss like this.
  2. FriarDawg

FriarDawg Member

Money:
    $96
    It’s because he’s letting us know how woke he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Brett likes this.
  3. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $645
    So anyway, does anyone else feel like the team is peaking at just the right time?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,606
    Look...there's a COVID thread. There is a DM option. Use those two mechanisms to solve America's problems. This thread is about the unifying joy we all have in Butler Basketball and the game against Providence in 48 hours.

I hope this is apolitical enough for both sides.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

tlp63, Brett, bmradio99 and 5 others like this.
  5. FriarDawg

FriarDawg Member

Money:
    $96
    BoyGeoff and jeff like this.
  6. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,001
    OK, I'm off to NYC, virus or no virus. It'll be the best $9 game I ever see...

BUcheer, butlerguy03, jeff and 4 others like this.
  7. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $523
    Today’s high interest savings accounts are future episodes of CNBC’s American Greed. Interest rates are at all time lows, just like Providence will be after the Dawgs beat them by 20+.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,706
    That’s not at all what woke m...you know what, never mind.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

NCJon likes this.
  9. ESPN had it at Butler -2 last night, now at Providence -1.5. AT shuts down Pipkens, Butler covers. Go dawgs.

10. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $46
    Providence - Yes
    Butler - ? We just beat 3 of the bottom 4 teams in a row.

If we can beat Providence without Kamar pulling the heroics out of his backside, then I'll feel like we've turned around from the last 6 weeks.

willisbrown and Sidd Finch like this.
  11. Kamar heroics is apart of who this team is. Its part of what makes this team special and gives us a chance in every game. Will never, ever understand all the hate/doubt about it from all the people on this website.

MIBulldog and jeff like this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,706
    Nobody hates it. I’m very thankful we have it. I think he’s just saying for the us to be confident the team as a whole is playing like it was two months ago, we need to beat a good team without a career game from one player.

PSUButlerFan and BoyGeoff like this.
  13. Fair enough.

14. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $46
    Exactly! The question was has this team turned the corner. Personally, I am holding out until we can beat a team that is hot like PC and not have to rely on a last second make. I love that we have KB, and the killer that he is. I just don't want to judge that this team is back or not because one shot went in.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,106
    100% agree. Beating the three teams we did, with X being the best of those wins, was what this team needed to get back rolling. But are they back to December/early January fom? We'll find that out tomorrow. History tells us for some reason PC owns us. Grab what I would consider an upset tomorrow, I have all the faith in the world this team can make some serious march noise.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,461
    Don't mean to deter the convo again, but what did Hinkle say that was political??? He said "fox", is that what you were referring to?

Also LOLOL anytime someone says they don't buy anything from China. Whatever you're using to talk on this message board 100% has components that were made in China.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,307
    One thing that I keep thinking about was Xavier’s apparent game plan on KB, AT and McD. Seems in most games the opponents doubled up on KB by backing off AT and not be overly concerned with Sean. In this last game Steele said he focused on Sean and for the most of the time he put his best big ( Marshall) to guard KB. It worked on shutting down Sean but not AT and certainly not KB. It seemed KB did whatever he wanted with Marshall who is a good six inches taller than KB.

I know these comments should have been put in the Xavier thread but I’m now interested to see how Providence approaches this game with a healthy AT and having reviewed our Xavier game.

18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,307
    My conversation was with Hinkle not you and that is over. As to your interest in my China boycott I use an iPad purchased five years ago. I have been committed to not buy Chinese for two years now. There are a lot of people that are now avoiding buying Chinese made products and its growing. I recently bought a couch and had a choice between one made in North Carolina and one made in China ( yes I asked where they were made). The Chinese one was nearly $1,000 less expensive and very comfortable. We bought the one made in North Carolina. My wife knew as soon as I asked where the couches were made that I wasn’t going to buy the Chinese one. The sales clerk said that other customers have done the same thing. Look love on China all you want but if I can convince one more person that this is our number one enemy , not some politician, and they need to take a stand then I did my job. Now back to Butler.

DawgsMD likes this.
  19. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,061
  20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,061
    Might be $9 with fees...

MSUDawg and willisbrown like this.